Sponsored by:

Damned AC buttons-- a fix???

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 01:24 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,368 Likes on 792 Posts

Originally Posted by macarbon_john
We've been a sponsor for the last two years. I forgot I was posting under my 'personal' company account rather than our main 'sponsor' MAcarbon account. So we've paid our dues.
fair enough. just wanted to make sure everyone was on equal footing here.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:48 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
fair enough. just wanted to make sure everyone was on equal footing here.
Pot calling kettle black
This will be incredulous...
You've been here 11 years with 11k posts and somehow avoided the near 600 threads featuring MACarbon that entire time?
Old 11-13-2017, 05:06 PM
Lvt19672
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 11-13-2017, 08:18 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

All we can say regarding those comments two members are spreading is:

- Is quite easy to just write up your part of the story (adding some extra paragraphs BTW!). Our part of the story is different (and maybe thats why PayPal decided to fall into our side, but JUST maybe! )

- One of the member is extremely negative against climarepair.com and extremely positive towards the other company offering a solution (company which we really appreciate and respect by the way!). mmmm... interesting.

All companies have some bad experiences with customers (and have some bad customers, too). Fortunately we have many, MANY hundreds of happy customers worldwide (customers who make good noise in the streets and car clubs).

By the way:

- User cosm3os is continuously writing bad reviews about our company in every single thread we write. Isn't that considered flooding? Against a sponsor? Again, interesting...
- User cosm3os is making public a private email with a privacy disclaimer and modifying the content. This is completely illegal and ridiculous.

Best regards,
John
Old 11-13-2017, 08:44 PM
macarbon_john
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com
- One of the member is extremely negative against climarepair.com and extremely positive towards the other company offering a solution (company which we really appreciate and respect by the way!). mmmm... interesting.

Best regards,
John
Climrepair, MAcarbon does not have any connection with Rennlist member 'TheBruce' other than that we met him at the Werks Reunion show this summer. He encouraged us to pursue this project. There is no financial connection whatsoever. In full disclosure, I gave him an extra $10 off vs the Rev1 customers. 125 vs 135. This was not asked for. I just decided as the project motivator, he deserved a little something.

I admire any person or company who tries to come up with a solution for a problem. Its darn hard to make something (be it a physical part, or software, a service etc) and its even harder to do customer service. I know we've dropped the ball a few times over the years.

I think some good competition will make everyone better and give the market various options. Then each person can pick what is best for them. I'll admit our solution doesn't work as well for non-US customers since the core has to be sent back or paid for.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:50 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Climrepair, MAcarbon does not have any connection with Rennlist memnber 'TheBruce' other than that we met him at the Werks Reunion show this summer. He encouraged us to pursue this project. There is no financial connection whatsoever. In full disclosure, I gave him an extra $10 off vs the Rev1 customers. 125 vs 135. This was not asked for. I just decided as the project motivator, he deserved a little something.

I admire any person or company who tries to come up with a solution for a problem. Its darn hard to make something (be it a physical part, or software, a service etc) and its even harder to do customer service. I know we've dropped the ball a few times over the years.

I think some good competition will make everyone better and give the market various options. Then each person can pick what is best for them. I'll admit our solution doesn't work as well for non-US customers since the core has to be sent back or paid for.
Hello John, thanks for your inputs. Yes, customer service is hard sometimes, luckily for us we do better day after day (I bet you too )

Regards,
John
Old 11-13-2017, 10:22 PM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

Clima John, you just keeping digging a deeper hole. You said I never requested a refund, as if you would have been happy to give me a refund if I had only asked. I showed you 6 requests. I showed there was no offer of a refund, even before you printed and shipped my switches. Now you say I'm leaving out important parts if our emails. Presumably, those missing parts will show that this is all some big understanding, or that I'm a big liar out to destroy an innocent vendor.

So, please, show us what I left out!
Old 11-14-2017, 04:32 AM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cosm3os
Clima John, you just keeping digging a deeper hole. You said I never requested a refund, as if you would have been happy to give me a refund if I had only asked. I showed you 6 requests. I showed there was no offer of a refund, even before you printed and shipped my switches. Now you say I'm leaving out important parts if our emails. Presumably, those missing parts will show that this is all some big understanding, or that I'm a big liar out to destroy an innocent vendor.

So, please, show us what I left out!
God morning., no deeper hole from our side. We said everything we had to say already. If we still sell replacement switches after 12 months (including enthusiasts, Indy shops and Porsche dealers) it can only mean we do better day after day.

Hope you have a great day!

Regards,
John.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:18 AM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 443 Likes on 161 Posts

Climrepair, MAcarbon does not have any connection with Rennlist member 'TheBruce' other than that we met him at the Werks Reunion show this summer. He encouraged us to pursue this project. There is no financial connection whatsoever. In full disclosure, I gave him an extra $10 off vs the Rev1 customers. 125 vs 135. This was not asked for. I just decided as the project motivator, he deserved a little something.

@Climarepair - I too admire and support anyone who identifies a problem and has the determination to create a product/service to solve it. Its hard. I know, Ive started three companies. I believe you started Climarepair with the best intentions. I told you the same over email and tried to be extremely respectful despite having to send you 20+ emails over 3 months.

However I also told you your product is not ready for commercial release. You need to stop selling it, fix the problem, and offer all customers a no-question refund. Or, be honest with the community and tell people you tried and failed. Thats ok too.

I would not have posted my experience with your company if you had done that. I have no interest in flame wars. However I see you posting on RL everyday telling people nobody has asked for refunds, your product gets better everyday, any issues issues are anomalies, and any customer complaints on the forum are a conspiracy against your company from competitors.

Please stop. Just stop. This thread has over 360 posts. The bulk of them are not complimentary.

Take the feedback to heart, focus more on improving your product and answering your customer emails promptly and honestly.

You can start with me.

I sent you a refund request 4 days ago after I saw you post here that “nobody with the v2 units has asked for a refund”. I suspect thats because they gave up, like me.

Its been 4 days and you haven’t replied to my email. However I see you posting on RL everyday.

Please issue me a refund today. Then pledge to everyone on this thread you will offer all customers a no question refund until you can produce a product that meets their standards. You will be respected for it. Everyone loves stories about the entrepreneur who tried, failed but made good in the end.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:52 AM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

Wonderful words to an entrepreneur, Bruce. However, anyone who paid 120 bucks to this guy and held those switches in their hand will always know that this guy's intention all along was to swindle us. NO honest entrepreneur would make those pieces and say to themselves, "yah, that looks like a $120 product that high end sports car owners would be proud to have in their car."

You will never see a refund from this guy. (Now, Clima, make me a liar!)​​​​​

Last edited by cosm3os; 11-14-2017 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:16 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,368 Likes on 792 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
Pot calling kettle black
This will be incredulous...
You've been here 11 years with 11k posts and somehow avoided the near 600 threads featuring MACarbon that entire time?
uh, yes. I don't add carbon fiber beauty products to my vehicles. Hard to believe, I know.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:35 PM
ilikeyourmom
Rennlist Member

This thread has lots of Win. Cosm3os and Bruce, I hope you get your refunds...the pics of those switches look awful...
Old 11-14-2017, 06:35 PM
Launch997
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry all, new to the forum and the discussion.

Is there appetite for milled and anodized aluminum versions of the AC switches and radio *****? I can make these happen in aluminum if the demand is there.

Cheers
Old 11-14-2017, 11:07 PM
GBS928
Rennlist Member

Received MACarbon buttons today and they look great!

TheBruce-Thanks for the referral.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:55 PM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 443 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by GBS928

Received MACarbon buttons today and they look great!

TheBruce-Thanks for the referral.
Nice! Did you have any crud behind your LCD? Im still not sure if mine was 10yr old coke or dried adhesive.

Ps - you are really making John work for it refurbing those old switches! Looks like your had a beaver gnawing on those things :-)

Quick Reply: Damned AC buttons-- a fix???