Damned AC buttons-- a fix???

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 09:46 AM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by jdgamble
Renn... is that you?
For sure....they are same person......this is like watching a Seinfeld episode with Jimmy, the guy that talks in 3rd person.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:09 AM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

Received 165 Likes on 112 Posts

They all look like total garbage.

I'd rather just have worn buttons.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:29 AM
911PCarFun
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I simply repainted my oem with interior paint. For me, this will make do for the time being.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:32 AM
ddrxdd
Intermediate

Default ClimaRepair switches

I've read the posts and seen the pics from other folks on this thread. But I have to tell you that the Clima Repair switches I just received look nothing like the early crappy examples. What I received are near-OEM quality.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:58 AM
porscheaddicted
Intermediate

Originally Posted by porscheaddicted
I got one of those "pre-production crap" and they sent me a nice set of buttons after sending an email with some pics. First set took over a month, but the second took only 8 days.
Originally Posted by Ditchhanger
Don't even bother. Why would people even want to try with this "V2"? It's not just the quality of the product...it's also the quality of the company.
Originally Posted by motopix
You are trying too hard.
Originally Posted by Lvt19672
That's cuz he works for them
Originally Posted by jdgamble
Renn... is that you?
Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete
For sure....they are same person......this is like watching a Seinfeld episode with Jimmy, the guy that talks in 3rd person.

oh boy... you got me

NO!

I´m starting to believe you guys work for someone else, every single rennlist member who gives possitive credit to the company is accused of working for climarepair

Originally Posted by ddrxdd
I've read the posts and seen the pics from other folks on this thread. But I have to tell you that the Clima Repair switches I just received look nothing like the early crappy examples. What I received are near-OEM quality.

Hey! Another climarepair coworker!!!

Now serious... Do you have any pics you can share with us? Or are you just another climarepair guy? LOL
Old 05-11-2017, 06:04 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by ddrxdd
high resolution pic?
Old 05-11-2017, 06:12 PM
Widsinator
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received the V1 version of the product and was super disappointed, and voiced that in a few emails with them. They were quick to respond and insisted I installed them and I did, and was still unhappy. I was offered the ability to send them back for a refund, but chose to leave them in the car just as it was at least a solid color, despite having a pretty terrible feel and finish. Also partially as an exercise in not letting my OCD get the best of me.

I just reached out and requested they swap me out to the V2 version, which is what I feel like I originally paid for. We will see how that goes. I was an early adopter, I would have never bought in the first place if I had seen this thread.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:57 PM
renncayman
Instructor

Originally Posted by Widsinator
I received the V1 version of the product and was super disappointed, and voiced that in a few emails with them. They were quick to respond and insisted I installed them and I did, and was still unhappy. I was offered the ability to send them back for a refund, but chose to leave them in the car just as it was at least a solid color, despite having a pretty terrible feel and finish. Also partially as an exercise in not letting my OCD get the best of me.

I just reached out and requested they swap me out to the V2 version, which is what I feel like I originally paid for. We will see how that goes. I was an early adopter, I would have never bought in the first place if I had seen this thread.
did you ever get the V2´s? How do they look?
Old 05-31-2017, 06:49 PM
Widsinator
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Climarepair guys were responsive, and I got the V2 in late last week and installed them. It's a big improvement over the V1, and I personally feel worth the money now. In all honesty having the V1 installed for around 3 months you do tend to forget about them especially being viewed in an interior at a regular distance. It was still a decent solution, but I felt disappointing for the money. Still better than a set of worn sticky factory buttons but definitely a rough around the edges, and I found myself looking for a deal on the later non-sticky 997.1 buttons.

The fit and finish on the V2 is much better, very close to the OEM in fit now, and the finish is much smoother. They are a nice matte black now and the white color for the TEMP and Fan are the proper white. Still a slightly different color at night when lit up due to a different material, but again, being nitpicky at that point. Factory buttons could have had the same "issue", but I just wasn't being hypercritical of them. I'm very happy with them now and would recommend the V2.

Here is a close up of the V2 *****, much better:

V2 vs V1:

V1 in climate control unit:

V2 in climate control unit, fit and finish are much improved:

Wasn't able to get any great in car shots yet, but honestly there isn't as much of a difference to show at a regular viewing distance. I am content with the buttons now and am excited to never give this aspect of the car any further thought, and concentrate on the more important bits, such as driving it!
Old 06-01-2017, 09:13 AM
renncayman
Instructor

The fit and finish on the V2 is much better, very close to the OEM in fit now, and the finish is much smoother. They are a nice matte black now and the white color for the TEMP and Fan are the proper white. Still a slightly different color at night when lit up due to a different material, but again, being nitpicky at that point. Factory buttons could have had the same "issue", but I just wasn't being hypercritical of them. I'm very happy with them now and would recommend the V2.

Awesome!!
Old 06-01-2017, 05:01 PM
renncayman
Instructor

Helped a neighbor to install his switches and asked permission to photograph his car for the forum.

It´s the third time I install these buttons and took less than twenty minutes

A closer look

Old 06-02-2017, 07:51 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

that looks awesome, and that black pcm looks AWESOME.

The Climarepair guys were responsive, and I got the V2 in late last week and installed them. It's a big improvement over the V1, and I personally feel worth the money now. In all honesty having the V1 installed for around 3 months you do tend to forget about them especially being viewed in an interior at a regular distance. It was still a decent solution, but I felt disappointing for the money. Still better than a set of worn sticky factory buttons but definitely a rough around the edges, and I found myself looking for a deal on the later non-sticky 997.1 buttons.

V2 vs V1:

Wasn't able to get any great in car shots yet, but honestly there isn't as much of a difference to show at a regular viewing distance. I am content with the buttons now and am excited to never give this aspect of the car any further thought, and concentrate on the more important bits, such as driving it!
Old 06-06-2017, 06:01 PM
renncayman
Instructor

V2 vs V1:

Widsinator, did you paint the whole center console (with PCM, etc.?) Can you post a picture of the whole thing please? Diggin it!
Old 06-07-2017, 11:52 AM
997TTEQNY
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Had mine refurbed by stickyno more when I disassembled the center stack for paint..

Came out great.
Attached Images   
Old 06-07-2017, 07:41 PM
renncayman
Instructor

Originally Posted by 997TTEQNY
Had mine refurbed by stickyno more when I disassembled the center stack for paint..

Came out great.
Not a fan of the stickers in the middle of the buttons, looks like those are going to peel off at some point... but hey they don´t look that bad.

I´m asking you the same I asked to Widsinator, any picture of the whole center stack painted? I´d like to see how that blue matches the rest of your interior

Quick Reply: Damned AC buttons-- a fix???