Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damned AC buttons-- a fix???

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 05:35 PM
ronvanr
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I sanded the TEMP button with a 220 grit foam block, it had much deeper vertical lines then the fan button. Then I painted it (spray can) with a flat black Lacquer. You can see were I had the TEMP taped off. I also taped of the back of the switch were the light is supposed to come through, and allow the switch to illuminate at night. It looks much better now. The fan switch wasn't quite so bad, but I think I'll will do it next, just so they look more even. Anyway, it looks better, and from a normal viewing distance in the car it looks great compared to the old switches.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:34 AM
911PCarFun
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 911PCarFun
I reached out to a company called Sticky RX. They look like they do mainly Ferrari parts refinish/recreation but I was told to reach out to them by a Maserati guy. I will let you all know what they say about it.

www.stickyrxrs.com
They responded but sad to report that it would be quite awhile before they would pick up the R&R to produce something for porsche owners and it would be considerably more expensive. Funny though, I did give him a pic of what I received from climarepair and he was shocked at how bad they looked.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:55 AM
Pokerpot
Intermediate

Guess what? Asked my credit card company for information regarding Clima Repair. The phone number listed for Clima Repair in the credit card transaction is a California phone number.

Where was that 335i from in that picture posted earlier?

So we have a person with a Spanish and American passport posting a picture of his (California) car.

Then we have a company shipping from Spain from a company with a phone number listed in California... So coincidental - or not.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:28 PM
Ditchhanger
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I just wanted to give an update as this chapter for me is at a close. My credit card company refunded my purchase completely, so I'm happy that something was done.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:16 PM
911PCarFun
Instructor

this is such crap. I figured I would give it a go and see how this product would fit and look in my car. For those of you still thinking about this product.... STOP... I took all the time to get one of the switches in and the damn thing doesn't sit well. The toggles are suppose to be free moving when you have the face plate removed from the car, but these you have to force around to move. I can only imagine how crap this would be if I put everything back in my car with these.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:45 PM
porscheaddicted
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 911PCarFun
this is such crap. I figured I would give it a go and see how this product would fit and look in my car. For those of you still thinking about this product.... STOP... I took all the time to get one of the switches in and the damn thing doesn't sit well. The toggles are suppose to be free moving when you have the face plate removed from the car, but these you have to force around to move. I can only imagine how crap this would be if I put everything back in my car with these.
Must be a wrong installation... Mine moves perfectly.

BTW, is your´s first generation (V1) or second (v2)? They launched V2´s a month ago and they are SO much better:

Old 04-25-2017, 08:45 PM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

I like how they call them V1 now instead of "accidently shipped pre-production".

Garbage is garbage.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:42 AM
newold_m
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cosm3os
I like how they call them V1 now instead of "accidently shipped pre-production".

Garbage is garbage.
Exactly! What about the people who purchased the pre-production crap? No point in giving any more business to this company...
Old 04-26-2017, 11:56 AM
porscheaddicted
Intermediate

Originally Posted by newold_m
Exactly! What about the people who purchased the pre-production crap? No point in giving any more business to this company...

I got one of those "pre-production crap" and they sent me a nice set of buttons after sending an email with some pics. First set took over a month, but the second took only 8 days.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:30 PM
911PCarFun
Instructor

Originally Posted by porscheaddicted
Must be a wrong installation... Mine moves perfectly.

BTW, is your´s first generation (V1) or second (v2)? They launched V2´s a month ago and they are SO much better:
Has nothing to do with a wrong installation. there isn't much to this. I installed, removed, reinstalled oem to see the difference, removed OEM again and installed these to see if I could get it better based off of some youtube clip that describes the issues I was having with a remedy of sticking a small flat had underneath the edge and bending it to seat correctly. This still did not work. I took paint thinner to the OEM and removed factory finish and simply repainted with a good interior paint. I am happy now.

I ordered mine forever ago, so I would assume they would be the first, unacceptable batch that I cant believe they (or he/she) would even ship out.

With that said, I will not be attempting to get anything else from this "company"
Old 04-26-2017, 04:08 PM
Ditchhanger
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Don't even bother. Why would people even want to try with this "V2"? It's not just the quality of the product...it's also the quality of the company.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:22 PM
porscheaddicted
Intermediate

My experience with climarepair has always been good. Bought the stickers a couple years ago (not the ideal solution but I knew what I was buying), then I bought the hubcaps (excelent quality and price) and finally when I got the wrong buttons the replaced with newer ones, I just had to send pictures and kindly ask for a replacement. First delivery for buttons took forever (pre-order...) but second time took only 8 days since they now have them in stock.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:44 PM
motopix
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My experience with climarepair has always been good. Bought the stickers a couple years ago (not the ideal solution but I knew what I was buying), then I bought the hubcaps (excelent quality and price) and finally when I got the wrong buttons the replaced with newer ones, I just had to send pictures and kindly ask for a replacement. First delivery for buttons took forever (pre-order...) but second time took only 8 days since they now have them in stock.
You are trying too hard.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:37 PM
Lvt19672
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by motopix
You are trying too hard.
That's cuz he works for them
Old 05-11-2017, 01:04 AM
jdgamble
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Renn... is that you?

Quick Reply: Damned AC buttons-- a fix???