Sponsored by:

Wish list for 2006 C4S PCM with Bose

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 09:14 PM
rfkirk
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wish list for 2006 C4S PCM with Bose

I would like to add the following functionality to an 06 C4S with Bose, all while keeping the use of the existing PCM controls on the unit and the steering wheel.

Bluetooth handsfree operation of an iPhone
Add Sirius/XM
Play audio (music and podcasts) via BT

I have looked at the Denison 500S BT unit and the Tooki NTV-KIR010 but don't really understand the differences in functionality and ease of installation. the Tooki unit talks about removing the passenger seat, but I'm not sure whats involved on the Denison unit.

Thoughts?
Old 11-30-2016, 09:43 PM
Ben Z
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The Tooki will only play through one set of speakers. That leaves Dension and Mobridge. Both expensive, and both somewhat value-compromised by the lack of a touch screen. Myself and many of us went with the iSimple Tranzit-Blu HF. $100 roughly, easy DIY install. If you get the Serius iOS app you could stream that BT also. I only use Spotify.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:03 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 783 Posts

I had Mobridge. It was awesome. It didn't have true satellite radio, but I could stream it using the Sirius app.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:22 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

I have a dension and it has worked pretty well for the past 4 years. A touch screen is a negative as far as I am concerned. You get so many fingerprints on it you can barely see the screen!
Old 12-01-2016, 01:04 AM
rfkirk
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in total agreement on the fingerprint/touch screen issue. I also have a Cadillac XT5 with the touch screen and I find myself wiping it off at every red light.

Streaming Sirius is a good idea, I hadn't thought of that as a work around.

I want to keep the original head unit in the car for authenticity sake, but definitely want BT for music/podcasts/Sirius/Waze for nav.

What does everyone use as a method of attaching their iPhones in the car so that it is visible for nav/apps/etc?
Old 12-01-2016, 01:14 AM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 349 Likes on 230 Posts

Second the Dension. Install took an hour or so. Works well, sometimes it requires me to unplug the iPad I keep in the glove compartment. Otherwise works good for streaming music from my iPhone, answering calls and playing from the iPad.

I have an apple case with a piece of metal between the case and the phone. Then use a vent mount. No issues and hasn't scratched the iPhone. Amazon has them for less than $10 Link
Old 12-01-2016, 07:05 PM
alan111
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed the Dension 500S BT. It works well. Took me about 1.5 hours start to finish. Bluetooth mic qualtiy is lacking and should be better. I have not found the optimal settings or location for the mic yet. Callers on the other end complain that they cannot here me well.

I also installed an OEM retrofit of Sirius XM in my 997.1 all for under $300. I did it myself and it was very easy. All setup in the frunk. It worked with the native PCM display and controls. I actually bought an extra tuner and have it listed for sale here (also with other part numbers to complete the retrofit)

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...tallation.html

Below is an image of how it looks with OEM integration on the PCM.

Last edited by alan111; 12-01-2016 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Added pic
Old 12-01-2016, 07:14 PM
alan111
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rfkirk
What does everyone use as a method of attaching their iPhones in the car so that it is visible for nav/apps/etc?
I researched endlessly on this. Long story short, it is very difficult to do it seamlessly without switching out the PCM. In the end, I just bought a vent mount and have it mounted whenever I need maps.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:02 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

Why do you have to switch out the PCM? I attach mine not in the vent but in to the CD slot and attach the power cord to one of the plug ins. Sits high enough for NAV purposes etc

Quick Reply: Wish list for 2006 C4S PCM with Bose