Sponsored by:

Which Brand Brake Pad and Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 12:29 PM
ronvanr
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by rlh23
I replaced pads and rotors on my 997.1 S this weekend, and only replaced the actual pads and rotors. I went with Sebro rotors and Hawk HPS pads. Took 4 1/2 hours or so. Could've gone faster if I'd had a lift instead of a jack. Parts total were $620 or so. Much cheaper than the $1,800 quote I got from my Indy.

FYI, my local Porsche dealer in Maryland, wanted 1600 for new brakes and rotors (front), but they were also replacing the brake pad sensors and some other parts. Like you I did it myself for much less.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:36 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by pkaufman
Resurrecting old thread. Just got a 997.2 (street use) but my knowledge is mainly regarding track pads. My local indy shop recommended the Pagid street pads as having less dust, but I don't see them even mentioned on Rennlist. Anybody using them?

Also, I've been told Porsche rotors are cast with holes and that makes them last longer (as opposed to drilled). Anybody know if the Zimmerman, Sebros or ATE rotors are cast or are they all drilled? For the difference in price to the Porsche rotors even lasting <1/2 as long would be financially better with the aftermarket rotors.

Thanks in advance.

Peter
Hello Peter - Pagid pads are a great brand to go with. We have a lot of them with customer reviews here that you can take a look at: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...nd-rotors.html.

They're also the OEM Supplier pad for some P car applications. What will you be using the car for mainly? Any track driving? For a good performance street pad that is also low on dust and noise, check out HAWK's ceramic pad here: http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...pg4.htm#item12. I've personally used these with great results.

For rotors, I prefer the slotted versions personally. Sebro makes a great slotted/coated rotor to check out here: http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...pg6.htm#item16. Otherwise, the Zimmerman and Sebro drilled rotors are a good choice to go with as well. Let me know if you have any questions.
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 04-03-2017, 12:58 PM
pkaufman
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, Mr. Part. I've been Porscheless for almost a year, but in 2010-2011 I built a race car from a wrecked tub, and people at work suggested I was having an entire car shipped piece-by-piece to work (anything that wasn't used off of eBay came from Pelican). I'm not currently planning on tracking the 997, but may use it for DE's rarely (tired of being so slow in my low-HP current race car).

I was looking for those slotted rotors but you don't list them for 996.351.409(and 410).04, for the 997.2S. That said, the current price on the coated Ate's is pretty amazing and even if they only last 3/4 as long they're still a great deal at only $83.25!

Quick Reply: Which Brand Brake Pad and Rotors