Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

adding missing options post-purchase for a 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016 | 08:52 PM
luciano11
4th Gear

Default adding missing options post-purchase for a 997.2

Hi guys -- first post on rennlist! I used to have a 996 carrera, sold it in the spring after getting a macan turbo last year. But....

I have been looking for a unicorn of a car for the better part of a year now: 997.2, gts, manual, optioned with alcantara/full leather (or just full leather), aero kit AND a bright exterior color (red, blue, orange, yellow, etc, etc).

Obviously I have been unable to procure said unicorn. I saw one well over a year ago before I was in the market but not since

So I figure, maybe I can compromise on exterior color and get a fancy wrap (or I guess repaint it if nothing else) to get a bright color. But can the other options still be added aftermarket?

I know the factory aero kit USED to be available, but I don't see it listed any more on suncoast or on Sharkwerks site. And for factory full leather parts the only option I see is to buy the factory dash parts w/leather from suncoast. Are there any other options, or would I basically have to try to find used or junkyard parts?

Any thoughts or advice would be most welcome.
Old 08-24-2016 | 10:59 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Find a 997.2 GTS manual in full leather or alcantara leather that you like and the rest can be found used or added. Sourcing or upgrading leather components will be expensive or time consuming or both. Aero kits come up a few times a year and a wrap is just a check to write.
Old 08-25-2016 | 11:48 AM
Cysco
Racer

ngGTS pretty much sums it up. Get a car with the desired interior. You can source the rest.

The body kit should be available. Contact Suncoast and ask. They may need to order it. Also check for used pieces on ebay. There are a number of company's out there that strip down totaled Porsche cars and sell the part online.

Don't repaint whatever car you get. You'll do serious damage to the car's value. Get a wrap or look into one of the many temporary spray on options.
Old 08-25-2016 | 11:53 AM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Adding the extra leather isn't difficult at all. The A, B, C pillars, door covers, stereo surround, glovebox and knee panel in front of the driver are easily removed and replaced. The only other thing is the dash which I would not attempt due to the complexity. Some threads here say it cost them 6 or so hours at dealer for replacement.

FYI I sourced a full black leather interior except for the glovebox and dash for ~$450.
Old 08-25-2016 | 11:54 AM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Unfortunately the 997.2 factory Aerokits have been discontinued. We have been getting calls daily about that. We can certainly help you with leather upgrades though. Feel free to shoot us a PM with specifics.

Good luck with your search and happy hunting!
Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow our Project 718 Build Thread!

Stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter
Facebook

Old 08-25-2016 | 09:05 PM
luciano11
4th Gear

Thanks guys for the advice. I kind of agree, the full leather parts are $$$ (5k just for the dash kit!) so it would seem best to try to get that as part of the car I buy.

Although, from what @SuncoastParts says it seems it may be harder to find OE aero kits than I would have thought. I did search the forums and saw that at least a few have been offered used in the parts classifieds, but it doesn't seem to be that "common".
Old 08-25-2016 | 09:40 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Someone just placed a for sale listing for black/grey interior, full leather. $3500 for all. Not shabby if you like the two tone and it includes the center console!

Link
Old 08-26-2016 | 12:06 AM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SuncoastParts
Unfortunately the 997.2 factory Aerokits have been discontinued. We have been getting calls daily about that. We can certainly help you with leather upgrades though. Feel free to shoot us a PM with specifics.

Just the full kits have been discontinued...or could one not even get replacement components in the event of an accident?
Old 08-26-2016 | 12:21 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SuncoastParts

Yeah, wait what?
Aftermarket price of aerokits just doubled.
Can individual components be replaced in the event of an accident?
What about front lips? Can those still be sourced?

Quick Reply: adding missing options post-purchase for a 997.2