Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone near Charlotte willing to do a GTS test drive?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 01:13 AM
Louis de Funes
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
This is an idiotic notion. I had a fellow Rennlister check out my car for me. He took video, notes and sent them to me. They were spot on. What do you think the entire brokerage industry is based on?
Just stupid thinking here.

And this thing is $15-20k under asking price and about $10k under buying price.
This thing is a steal. But the interior had to be a bad joke. PO probably though it looked awesome in the online builder and then was mighty disappointed when it landed at his door.
I agree with you on the color - to busy

if the interior where black it would not clash as much - also the yellow dials are just not a fit what so ever
Old 07-28-2016, 10:38 AM
Tyztoy
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Louis de Funes
I agree with you on the color - to busy

if the interior where black it would not clash as much - also the yellow dials are just not a fit what so ever
Tint the windows and change the dials.... the price is nice....... At that price you could almost change the color of the interior... Its not that it is that bad, just a little loud....
Old 07-28-2016, 10:44 AM
Tyztoy
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

I looked at this again and to me the interior would look a lot better if all the red pieces were black. As it is now there are 3 colors going on in there and it makes the steering wheel look really out of place... just my thoughts but as everyone has stated GREAT PRICE....
Old 07-28-2016, 10:52 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 158 Posts

Bumperplugs to the rescue.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:01 AM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

maybe Im wrong!
maybe buying a car with a dealer cpo warrantee and complete dealer inspection is worthless! Maybe doing detailed research on its history and reading all the history you can find on the internet and by talking to the dealer is a waste of time!
You need to have some dude on the internet go look at it and tell you, yep its good. To really know if its a good car or not. Ive been doing it all wrong!! Idiotic!
Old 07-28-2016, 11:31 AM
exgtinows4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

OKB ...Its an and not an or between those two options. I have bought multiple cars this way and doing both is a good idea. Cheers.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:36 PM
WV997S
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 7 Posts

Just looked again and clicked the carfax and noted a rear end collision. I think I would be afraid of a 911 with a rear end collision and diminished value claim. So much of the dynamic of these cars is tied up in the rear end, I would at least be very cautious.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:30 PM
exgtinows4
Rennlist Member

Yea I did see that. To start the damage was reported as minor and vhecial was operatable. I got the car inspected at Porsche and there is also a true line frame inspection report. Both concluded that the damage was limited to repainting the rear bumper and one v quarter panel.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:32 PM
exgtinows4
Rennlist Member

I also called the shop that did work on the car before it was traded in and they confirmed the condition on the car a well (no damage). The true frame report is viewable his the car fax link. I called them and went through the report too. So yes..I did my home work on this
Old 07-29-2016, 01:59 PM
WV997S
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by exgtinows4
I also called the shop that did work on the car before it was traded in and they confirmed the condition on the car a well (no damage). The true frame report is viewable his the car fax link. I called them and went through the report too. So yes..I did my home work on this
Great! Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Anyone near Charlotte willing to do a GTS test drive?