Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone near Charlotte willing to do a GTS test drive?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 06:01 PM
exgtinows4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Anyone near Charlotte willing to do a GTS test drive?

I am looking into a car at the Mercedes of Northlake. Its a 2011 GTS. I will be buying the car the aftermarket warranty and a clean PPI but unseen. Anyone in the area willing to do a test drive on my behalf? PM me, thanks!!
Old 07-27-2016, 06:35 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

only a 13 hour trip for me. I'm out.

Is the red painted interior factory? To me ... a little too bling.
Nice car, millage and pricing seems about right.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:54 PM
exgtinows4
Rennlist Member

I have not looked at the car, but seems like it would be a factory painted option...Any other owners with a similar interior?
Old 07-27-2016, 06:57 PM
rbennett
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Can you post a link to the car?
Old 07-27-2016, 07:03 PM
exgtinows4
Rennlist Member

http://www.mbnorthlake.com/hendrick-...00ecb2ba36.htm
Old 07-27-2016, 08:35 PM
vbb
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

sorry, I don't live close to there to be able to help you, but I clicked to say it looks like you have found a really great price. I'm not a fan of the painted red interior bits, but given the fact that that car seems to be easily $5,000 if not $10,000 underpriced means that I would look past it. Heck, if you don't buy the car let me know because I will.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:40 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Wow. That does seem like a great price. Prior owner must have traded it in for the high 40's. I guess some people just don't care.
Jim
Old 07-27-2016, 08:51 PM
patriot993
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Here is the build sheet if OP is interested
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Old 07-27-2016, 09:08 PM
Louis de Funes
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 245 Posts

wow and it is a stick as well
Old 07-27-2016, 09:13 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

well, i dont think you are shopping in the right way to make a decision on buying a car. first you dont depend on some person you dont know to approve a car for you. If you dont think a porsche dealer, who is guaranteeing a car and has done inspections and is approved by porsche to issue a guarantee, is honest and is lying about its condition, you shouldnt be buying it in the first place and you should go inspect it your self.
second you should be looking at the origional options on your own and know what it came with and be able to tell if anything has been added.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:17 PM
rbennett
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

It can work, I once answered a plea from someone in Toronto to go look at a 964 in my home town.
I went to look and face-timed with him and pointed the camera to all the points he wanted to see. I was happy to help and he was very appreciative.

Originally Posted by OKB
well, i dont think you are shopping in the right way to make a decision on buying a car. first you dont depend on some person you dont know to approve a car for you. If you dont think a porsche dealer, who is guaranteeing a car and has done inspections and is approved by porsche to issue a guarantee, is honest and is lying about its condition, you shouldnt be buying it in the first place and you should go inspect it your self.
second you should be looking at the origional options on your own and know what it came with and be able to tell if anything has been added.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:36 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by OKB
This is an idiotic notion. I had a fellow Rennlister check out my car for me. He took video, notes and sent them to me. They were spot on. What do you think the entire brokerage industry is based on?
Just stupid thinking here.

And this thing is $15-20k under asking price and about $10k under buying price.
This thing is a steal. But the interior had to be a bad joke. PO probably though it looked awesome in the online builder and then was mighty disappointed when it landed at his door.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:30 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
This is an idiotic notion. I had a fellow Rennlister check out my car for me. He took video, notes and sent them to me. They were spot on.
Agreed. I also had a "Rennfax" as we used to call it a while ago when I purchased one of my 911s. He drove it, took lots of pictures, we talked on the phone, and I bought the car.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:49 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,008 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
This is an idiotic notion. I had a fellow Rennlister check out my car for me. He took video, notes and sent them to me. They were spot on. What do you think the entire brokerage industry is based on?
Just stupid thinking here.
This ^^^

Bought the current GTS from a Rennlister who had it PPI'd at the dealer he bought it from. No video, just his word and the dealer's report. Everything was as promised or better.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:10 AM
Louis de Funes
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 245 Posts

I bought my car also without doing a test drive. I however picked it up my self and went on a road trip. I knew that there where somethings that needed to be done and I have enjoyed my car for over 2 years now. No regrets what so ever.

Quick Reply: Anyone near Charlotte willing to do a GTS test drive?