Sponsored by:

Black Stone Guards

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 08:48 PM
F308gt4
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by el_alquimista
Cant find any pics of macadama brown with black stone guards, do you think it would be a nice match?
You'll probably have to do what I did- I couldn't find any pics of them on a green 997: Buy a set of magnetic ones and see how they look. If you like the look, get the "permanent" ones and sell the magnetic ones to another rennlister.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:23 AM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts

It's been said before but a can of black Plasti-Dip is a great way to see if you like black stone guards. It's durable and completely reversible.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:36 PM
jsalah
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by qikqbn
I am definitely a fan of matte black stone guards too. Mine are Magnagrafik over the original clear. Yes they are shorter than originals, but on darker color cars the clear one is hardly noticeable underneath.

Man, your car looks awesome.

Anyone have any idea (or can photoshop for me?) what a set of matte black magnetic guards would look like on a black C4S? I'm wondering whether it would look kind of neat -- a subtle play on light resulting an an appearance of even wider body, or it would just look silly....?
Old 10-18-2016, 02:25 PM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Received 539 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by jsalah

Anyone have any idea (or can photoshop for me?) what a set of matte black magnetic guards would look like on a black C4S? I'm wondering whether it would look kind of neat -- a subtle play on light resulting an an appearance of even wider body, or it would just look silly....?
Thanks! I appreciate that!

I found a couple of black cars with matte black stone guards. It's definitely a subtle look that I think looks good, but it's all a personal preference with these guards. I like them.
Attached Images    

Last edited by qikqbn; 10-18-2016 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:21 PM
jsalah
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by qikqbn

I found a couple of black cars with matte black stone guards. It's definitely a subtle look that I think looks good, but it's all a personal preference with these guards. I like them.
Thanks. That one with the Turbo wheels is basically my car (except mine's a cab) so that gives me a very good idea... Might try it someday.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:13 PM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Thanks. That one with the Turbo wheels is basically my car (except mine's a cab) so that gives me a very good idea... Might try it someday.
Black cars are all about reflections! Now that I think about it, In a way I think the Matt black stone guards may take away a little from the nice, distorted, reflections coming from the bulbous, wider, rear fenders on a black car. That's another plus to having magnetic stone guards. You can add or replace depending on mood
Have you thought about adding GT2 side skirts? They are on the GTS models too and they fit on our wide body 4S cars... They look good with the stone guards and I love them on mine. just a thought ;^)
Old 10-21-2016, 02:03 PM
CTCOOP
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Magnagrafix has some "Speedster" Carbon fiber magnetic stone guards for 997.2 up on their catalog. Anyone actually seen those on a car? Could look amazing or tacky... not sure.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:01 PM
06C2s
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

went to order mine and Magnagrafix recommend the "speedster" style for my 997, he claims they will completely cover the clear ones from the factory... will post and let you all know when they come in
Old 10-21-2016, 04:48 PM
F308gt4
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 06C2s
went to order mine and Magnagrafix recommend the "speedster" style for my 997, he claims they will completely cover the clear ones from the factory... will post and let you all know when they come in
That's what I ordered, and they were close, but it wasn't exact. But, it was close enough that it wasn't all that noticeable unless you looked up close.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:07 PM
CTCOOP
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F308gt4
That's what I ordered, and they were close, but it wasn't exact. But, it was close enough that it wasn't all that noticeable unless you looked up close.
Sorry, just to confirm you ordered the regular OR the "Speedsters"? Hoping the Speeders cover the whole factory one... Thanks
Old 10-21-2016, 05:57 PM
blassy
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

He suggested I order the Speedster style for my 997 too. They aren't exact but pretty close. Certainly better than the regular ones would have been.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:30 PM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blassy
He suggested I order the Speedster style for my 997 too. They aren't exact but pretty close. Certainly better than the regular ones would have been.
I was recommended the "Speedster" magnagrafik stone guard matte black. That is what you see on my car. Covers the original pretty well, but its about an inch short on the bottom section. So if you cover your original with the magnetic one you will still have about 1 inch of the original uncovered near the bottom. If you have a darker colored car you will not really notice it after awhile or other may not even notice it if they do not know to look for it.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:51 AM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 130 Likes on 88 Posts

I have the speedsters in matte CF and about an inch of the clear on the bottom remains exposed. However they do the job just fine.
Attached Images  
Old 10-24-2016, 01:10 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Am a little concerned about putting the black ones on and pulling off the OEM--someone might think I'm trying for a Speedster look.
Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2017, 03:23 PM
marettm
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default +1

Big fan of black stone guards - have them on my 08 C4S

Other mods:
black + red C4S trunk badge
GT3 stick shift / alcantara **** + steering wheel

Kept the rest mostly stock on purpose as the look is perfect in my opinion, but the stone guards brought it all together for me - even with the polished (not black) OE turbo wheels.

Hope everyone likes!
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Black Stone Guards