Sponsored by:

997.1 with aero front only

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 11:59 PM
Chris Ferrell
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 997.1 with aero front only

Anyone have a 997.1 with an aero or gt3 front bumper with no wing or gt3 rear bumper?

Trying to get an idea how that would look. I've seen a few pictures of others that have done this, but looks like most then opt for the wing and/or rear bumper.

Main thing I'm wondering is if the car would looked balanced from side on. Also curious, with the front aero lip removed, does it have more ground clearance than the stock c2 front bumper?
Old 06-23-2016, 03:35 AM
Ganthrithor
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just google image search the 997 GTS-- slightly different because yours is a gen one, but should give you a fair idea of what the car looks like with a more intricate front bumper and a stock rear end.

Personally I don't think it looks bad, but I also think that if I started changing out body bits I'd be sorely tempted to go full RS 4.0 wannabe... that decklid/wing combo is just so good-looking. Then again, you could probably upgrade to an actual GT3 for the amount you'd spend putting proper GT3 bumpers, a 4-liter wing, and a center-exit exhaust conversion on the car...

Last edited by Ganthrithor; 06-23-2016 at 03:53 AM.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:25 PM
Chris Ferrell
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ganthrithor
Just google image search the 997 GTS-- slightly different because yours is a gen one, but should give you a fair idea of what the car looks like with a more intricate front bumper and a stock rear end.

Personally I don't think it looks bad, but I also think that if I started changing out body bits I'd be sorely tempted to go full RS 4.0 wannabe... that decklid/wing combo is just so good-looking. Then again, you could probably upgrade to an actual GT3 for the amount you'd spend putting proper GT3 bumpers, a 4-liter wing, and a center-exit exhaust conversion on the car...
Yeah, GTS is nice. My front bumper is a bit beat up, bit too much fun on the back roads. My thought was to use the aero bumper so I can replace the lower spoiler after a year of it getting trashed. But I'm not sure if the lower spoiler would take all the beating. Wondering if the aero bumper minus the spoiler sits a bit higher than just the stock bumper, since I'd want the aero lower spoiler to take all the knocks instead of the actual aero bumper cover.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:45 PM
Philster
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

RUF does a lot of things with GT3/Aero type front ends, and they do all sorts of things to the rear, or sometimes very little. This is interesting because even the Targa gets a cool look with what am'ts to a GT3 front (and the aero is in the same spirit) and not much on the back.

Just saw this minutes ago, so had to post:

Old 06-23-2016, 01:48 PM
Philster
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The Aero bumper minus the lip is still lower than a non-aero bumper.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:52 PM
Chris Ferrell
Instructor

Originally Posted by Philster
The Aero bumper minus the lip is still lower than a non-aero bumper.

Ah ok cool, thanks for the heads up. In that case, I think I'll keep the stock front for now.

Yeah, I think the aggressive front end and subtle rear looks good on the 991. The R definitely pulls it off nicely too.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:56 PM
JPA1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I just got this one, I like it, for now... I'm still weighing the pro and cons of a GT3 rear spoiler...

Old 06-23-2016, 11:09 PM
Chris Ferrell
Instructor

Originally Posted by JPA1
Hi, I just got this one, I like it, for now... I'm still weighing the pro and cons of a GT3 rear spoiler...

Nice! Thanks for sharing the pics. I think that combo looks great. bumper lines up nicely with the side of the car too. I almost think a rear diffuser would look really good along with the aero front. Instead of the rear wing.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:41 PM
djaemac
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris Ferrell
Anyone have a 997.1 with an aero or gt3 front bumper with no wing or gt3 rear bumper?

Trying to get an idea how that would look. I've seen a few pictures of others that have done this, but looks like most then opt for the wing and/or rear bumper.

Main thing I'm wondering is if the car would looked balanced from side on. Also curious, with the front aero lip removed, does it have more ground clearance than the stock c2 front bumper?
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...mer-lovin.html
Old 06-24-2016, 01:00 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

I think it would look great. I did the rear also. But the front bumper is really cool compared to the stock.
Old 06-25-2016, 07:04 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,595 Likes on 4,193 Posts

I love RUF's stuff, which is why I have the car I do. When I bought it, it only had the RUF front bumper as it was part of the supercharger kit so it could also have a center radiator, but the rear was stock. I added the RUF rear bumper, and with the through bumper exhaust, and custom RUF tips, think it really makes the car. Also, in the side profile shot, you can see how the character line in their front bumper carries through the factory side skirts and into the rear bumper. Without it, the side profile looked a little off to me.

Old 06-25-2016, 08:42 PM
ALEV8
Three Wheelin'

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts

Putting the front on now from Duraflex, looks like I'd rather have the $400 back!
Old 09-30-2016, 09:38 PM
Chris Ferrell
Instructor

Ended up going for it, I really like it. Got it from my local dealer (Part #997-044-802-32), was bit cheaper than Suncoast. Had to kinda order it in the dark tho since the description isn't very good on the dealer sites. But it was the correct part #. Comes with all the hardware, spoiler, and bumper (with the washer holes).
Old 09-30-2016, 09:42 PM
Chris Ferrell
Instructor

Old 09-30-2016, 09:44 PM
Louis de Funes
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Ferrell
Ended up going for it, I really like it. Got it from my local dealer (Part #997-044-802-32), was bit cheaper than Suncoast. Had to kinda order it in the dark tho since the description isn't very good on the dealer sites. But it was the correct part #. Comes with all the hardware, spoiler, and bumper (with the washer holes).
can you post some pictures please

Quick Reply: 997.1 with aero front only