Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you treated differently by females when driving your Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 02:32 PM
Tj40
Burning Brakes

Received 203 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by RaidersR1
Can't believe that was used for an ad. Not a very respectful ad.
It's from the movie 'Crazy People' with Dustin Hoffman, he plays an ad exec that get's fed up and starts telling the truth :-)

The Volvo slogan from the movie was 'Boxy but Good', I'm still surprised they got Jag's approval the feature them with that slogan though!!
Old 05-14-2016, 02:36 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
we who have the time, interest, resources to hang out RL are very lucky and best thing we can do is not let other's negative energy get us down, and where we can, we should try to brighten up others' days if we can
Best thing I've read on RL in a while. Cheers to that.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:55 PM
Bruce123
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was driving my 997 S cab with the top down yesterday, beautiful day for drive North of Toronto when a dump truck ahead of me goes on the curb causes rocks and debris. I thought it was an accident then he does it again and a few mins later he does it again. Really crappy. ... First chance I got I just passed him and turned off at next exit. Pretty crappy. I never had this happen to me on my merc or bmw
Old 05-14-2016, 04:18 PM
Tj40
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bruce123
I was driving my 997 S cab with the top down yesterday, beautiful day for drive North of Toronto when a dump truck ahead of me goes on the curb causes rocks and debris. I thought it was an accident then he does it again and a few mins later he does it again. Really crappy. ... First chance I got I just passed him and turned off at next exit. Pretty crappy. I never had this happen to me on my merc or bmw
This reminds me that last winter I was driving through my subdivision (Oakville,ON) and I ended up following a snowplough. I wasn't driving the P car as it's summer only for me.

He turns on a rock salt for about 5 seconds and stops, does this again and again. I finally clue in that every time a car is coming the other way he's turning on the rock salt to spray the cars coming past him in the opposite direction - didn't matter what cars they were, every time, turn the salt on and pepper the front of the car coming the other way with the salt.

Some people are just dicks...
Old 05-14-2016, 04:21 PM
Austin997.2
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Tj40
It's from the movie 'Crazy People' with Dustin Hoffman, he plays an ad exec that get's fed up and starts telling the truth :-)

The Volvo slogan from the movie was 'Boxy but Good', I'm still surprised they got Jag's approval the feature them with that slogan though!!
Dudley Moore, but good memory. Was just letting that one play out until someone spotted it.
Old 05-14-2016, 04:30 PM
Austin997.2
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce123
I had some a$$hole "rollin' coal" on me on I35 between Austin and San Antonio. He would get in front of me and blammo smoke screen of black smoke coming out of the stacks on his Truck. It was like a F150 so it was probably a pricey modification to be a total jagoff. It made it very difficult to see. I am not sure how doing that is not extremely illegal. My head was about to explode so I called the cops but don't think they ever got him.

Example:
Old 05-14-2016, 08:30 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Austin997.2
I had some a$$hole "rollin' coal" on me on I35 between Austin and San Antonio. He would get in front of me and blammo smoke screen of black smoke coming out of the stacks on his Truck. It was like a F150 so it was probably a pricey modification to be a total jagoff. It made it very difficult to see. I am not sure how doing that is not extremely illegal. My head was about to explode so I called the cops but don't think they ever got him.

Example:
12v rolling coal on prius - YouTube
So much for "Drive Friendly, The Texas Way." As someone said above, don't let the negative energy of others get you down...T
Old 05-14-2016, 09:32 PM
dgjks6
Drifting

Received 254 Likes on 162 Posts

Dudley Moore, but good memory. Was just letting that one play out until someone spotted it.
I think the jaguar slogan from that movie was "for men who like to get hand jobs". When I was 12 that was really funny. It still is actually.

Last edited by dgjks6; 05-14-2016 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:16 PM
Tj40
Burning Brakes

LOL! Funny movie, shame my memory is clearly deficient!!
Old 05-14-2016, 11:23 PM
Omnigeek
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Not often

But every now and then, yes. I was driving home from work about a month after getting the P-car and an Audi with a couple fairly attractive women pulled up next to me as I was waiting for the light to change. Gal in the passenger seat gave the car the once over, smiled and waved.

Obviously she was smiling for the car not me but she wasn't flirting or trying to get a date, just being friendly with someone else who enjoyed a fine vehicle. I've had people shout out admiring my Sebring when I drove it with the top down but the admiration for the P-car is most definitely on a different level.
Old 05-15-2016, 01:20 AM
PC's 997S
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually got way more play from women in my '06 Vette than all 3 of the 911's I've owned. Some females have asked what make of car I'm driving (Porsche) whereas most everyone is familiar with a Corvette.

Mostly dudes notice a Porsche. Especially one with an enhanced exhaust note.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:15 AM
MaximumA
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The short answer is no, but I reckon it's because all the yummy mummies can't see me from up there in their SUVs, or can't see me through their 50% window tints...
Old 05-15-2016, 09:52 AM
hollywood1053
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Happened to me once right after I got my P car. Was waiting for a light to change and I had stopped short so a car on a side street could pull out and turn back. As she came by me she blew me a kiss.
Not sure if it was the gesture of letting her get out or the car.
I just know it wasn't me
Old 05-15-2016, 10:47 AM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Received 402 Likes on 204 Posts

The only difference I've noticed since moving from my 645Ci convertible to my 997.2 C4S Cab is the totally confused look on my wife's face every time I make another mod to this car (most recently her total lack of appreciation for my new Fabspeed headers and 200-cell cats)
Old 05-15-2016, 01:07 PM
Thedips
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hardly feel there is much reaction being from the bay. But I will say my wife must get every guy when she pulls in her m3. Especially at the local shell

Quick Reply: Are you treated differently by females when driving your Porsche?