Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you treated differently by females when driving your Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 02:47 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by arr0gant
LOL 10 minutes after I took delivery of my 2006 Cab, I was at the gas station pumping gas and the girl at the pump next to me walked up to me with a can of diet coke and said, "hi, can you open this for me, I don't want to hurt my nails" So I did, handed it back and she said "thanks, nice car!!"
Who says chivalry is dead! Well done, good sir...T
Old 05-12-2016, 02:58 PM
socalpcarfan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by himself
If you can't get a girl without the car, you can't with it either...

Shave down below?

Borat buying a car with pussymagnet - YouTube

-td
Shaken, not stirred lol
Old 05-12-2016, 03:18 PM
MemeMagno
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Almost every women that I "know" (well...you never known a woman, that's something impossible to achieve) including my wife, believes that my P-Car is useless, especially because the trunk capacity. But...when she realized the extensive list of steps that I have to follow to remove the wheels with centerlocks and PCCB, that was the exact moment when started to look at me like someone who is facing "opportunities" related to "getting old".
Old 05-12-2016, 03:30 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts

My wife joked (I hope she was joking) about me trolling for chicks when I got my Porsche, and before I bought it I wondered (purely academically) if driving it would increase my attractiveness to women. But, as some have already noted, the only people who go ga-ga over the car are boys and men. No biggie, and it's fun to show the car to little kids.

Of course, the problem is probably that I drive too fast for any of the hot women to catch up to me.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:30 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by arr0gant
LOL 10 minutes after I took delivery of my 2006 Cab, I was at the gas station pumping gas and the girl at the pump next to me walked up to me with a can of diet coke and said, "hi, can you open this for me, I don't want to hurt my nails" So I did, handed it back and she said "thanks, nice car!!"
Her not so subtle way of hitting on you. Did you get her number, assuming you were single and assuming she was hot?
Old 05-12-2016, 04:13 PM
TexPorsche
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 18 year old son asked me, "Dad do you know how you could get better looking?" My reply, "No son tell me". His reply, "Go stand next to your car, that will be the only help you will ever get"!
Old 05-12-2016, 04:45 PM
phaphaphooey
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
What is that gawd awful thing on your bumper?

If you want to attract females, get a puppy.

If you want to attract other dudes, keep the Porsche.
Truth. Best way to meet women ever is to get a puppy and take it to a public park. Back in my younger, single days my friend had a puppy that we called PM for "***** magnet" or PD for "panty dropper". A short walk in the park with that puppy beside you was all that you needed.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:14 PM
RaidersR1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by upier
The other day I had an older woman in a parking lot come up to me because she saw me putting groceries in the frunk. She hadn't seen a 911 up close before I was wondering where in the engine is was putting my bags. I politely explained that the engine was in the back.
Exact same thing happen to me!! LOL
Old 05-12-2016, 05:48 PM
yvesvidal
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 70 Posts

I have never noticed any change in behavior from women, due to owning/driving a Porsche. The only occurrence I can remember is a nice smile and waving from a brunette sales rep (I work for Cisco Systems in the Triangle) while I was sitting in my black Porsche. Had it been my usual BMW, she would not even have raised her gaze to look at me.

In general, I'd rather avoid women who goes out with you because of the car you drive. There will always be a Dude who has more money and a nicer car than you do. And I agree with the puppy: It is the ultimate weapon to lay girls.

Yves
Old 05-13-2016, 12:18 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In Southern California Porsches are a dime a dozen but I did catch a soccer mom smiling at me a couple of days ago. In the Ferrari, I get the kids giving thumbs up, but the women seem to hate the thing......including my wife hahaha.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:13 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Not really, or maybe I don't notice it as much. I've had the 997 for nearly six years. I had one lady in her 40's asked me if it was a turbo? Think she was trying to strike up a conversation, had my two boys in the back, was taking them to school. I also had a young pretty girl from 24hr fitness, asked if that is your Porsche, she said, "It looks very nice." It's mostly young guys or guys in general that comments on my 911.

If you want comments from girls, get the MB SLK instead, had it for 8 years before selling it for a Boxster S. I literally had girls throw themselves at me. Lost count how many compliments I get. "Do you have a gf, if not do you want one," "Is the passenger seat taken?", "Is that yours, can I take a ride?" I even had a gay man say, "oh hey!" and gave me a wink. That was terrifying.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:34 PM
tomc_mets
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ynot
Not really, or maybe I don't notice it as much. I've had the 997 for nearly six years. I had one lady in her 40's asked me if it was a turbo? Think she was trying to strike up a conversation, had my two boys in the back, was taking them to school. I also had a young pretty girl from 24hr fitness, asked if that is your Porsche, she said, "It looks very nice." It's mostly young guys or guys in general that comments on my 911.

If you want comments from girls, get the MB SLK instead, had it for 8 years before selling it for a Boxster S. I literally had girls throw themselves at me. Lost count how many compliments I get. "Do you have a gf, if not do you want one," "Is the passenger seat taken?", "Is that yours, can I take a ride?" I even had a gay man say, "oh hey!" and gave me a wink. That was terrifying.

What?!? Hmm. I got to see if the wife will let me borrow her SLK to test your hypothesis out. At my age, any young lady talking to me is a highlight!
T
Old 05-13-2016, 05:49 PM
Mbiondo
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

To say the least, this has been informative, if not entertaining. Mostly what I see is haters looking at me: the look, the tailgating, the lane cut-off, and, of course, the obligatory middle finger. Good thing I am married, otherwise I'd give the 997 to the first stranger and get myself a puppy, or the SLK.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:56 PM
tomc_mets
Rennlist Member

I did it bass ackwards. I had my woman get me the puppy and the 911!
T
Old 05-13-2016, 06:16 PM
Tj40
Burning Brakes

Received 203 Likes on 151 Posts

I joke with the wife "I've got the Porsche, now all I need is the blonde and my mid-life crisis will be complete"

Her reply "Yes, but remember, I knew you before you had money"

:-)

Quick Reply: Are you treated differently by females when driving your Porsche?