Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you treated differently by females when driving your Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 06:27 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ironic thread....po has a stereotype of a tinkerbell owner
Old 05-13-2016, 06:30 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tomc_mets
What?!? Hmm. I got to see if the wife will let me borrow her SLK to test your hypothesis out. At my age, any young lady talking to me is a highlight!
T
lol, it helps that I'm 40 but looks like I'm in my 20's.

Originally Posted by Mbiondo
To say the least, this has been informative, if not entertaining. Mostly what I see is haters looking at me: the look, the tailgating, the lane cut-off, and, of course, the obligatory middle finger. Good thing I am married, otherwise I'd give the 997 to the first stranger and get myself a puppy, or the SLK.
lol.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:27 PM
braymond52
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mbiondo
To say the least, this has been informative, if not entertaining. Mostly what I see is haters looking at me: the look, the tailgating, the lane cut-off, and, of course, the obligatory middle finger. Good thing I am married, otherwise I'd give the 997 to the first stranger and get myself a puppy, or the SLK.
I had a guy in late model Chevy sedan flip me off pulling into a restaurant parking lot last week. Just sitting in his car calmly holding up the finger. Neither the GF or I could figure out what that was all about. Maybe he doesn't like Porsches...
Old 05-13-2016, 08:01 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by braymond52
I had a guy in late model Chevy sedan flip me off pulling into a restaurant parking lot last week. Just sitting in his car calmly holding up the finger. Neither the GF or I could figure out what that was all about. Maybe he doesn't like Porsches...
Probably what he hates is his own sad life...T
Old 05-13-2016, 08:01 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Ynot
lol, it helps that I'm 40 but looks like I'm in my 20's.lol.
Ok. I don't have that "problem".
T
Old 05-13-2016, 09:34 PM
Lahainabry
Racer

I live in NB, CA. Porsche's are like driving a VW Bug around here. However, and I posted this before.
Ladies will go out of their way to talk to me, even if my wife is in the car. They smile, push out their chest. etc. The other day, I was getting gas, a lady pulled in and checked herself out in her mirror. Started pumping gas and was talking, I thought she was on a bluetooth. No, she was talking to me.
My wife is 1 in a million, I would not trade that for the world. Still, nice to get a little attention here and there, even from the gold diggers.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:48 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,879 Likes on 913 Posts

No, I'm 35 in good shape and I get the most "looks" when riding my motorcycle. My Porsche is too "old man", me thinks.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:55 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

You just reminded me - same thing happened to me from some old man in a later model Mustang GT 5.0. I was driving in the 997 doing maybe 10 over the left lane on a highway. As i'm passing this old man on the right lays down the horn and holds his middle finger up to his face. I couldn't believe it. Never seen this guy before.

Funny thing is I see him all the time out on the road ever since and always make a point to smile and wave as I drive by

Freaks out there.
Old 05-13-2016, 11:03 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

there are definitely many many weirdos out there!

and people have bad days too, where they are angry and spiteful... even us sometimes ... but a lot of people have bad days every day, life can be very hard and unforgiving

we who have the time, interest, resources to hang out RL are very lucky and best thing we can do is not let other's negative energy get us down, and where we can, we should try to brighten up others' days if we can
Old 05-13-2016, 11:44 PM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe your woman was his old GF?
Old 05-14-2016, 08:56 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 158 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by RaidersR1
You will be surprised how many do see it as a trait of the guy. My wife for example hates a messy garage or cluttered up with "stuff".

My .02
Thus having both can work is a double whamy....but mostly the young lads that make the comments on the car.
Attached Images  
Old 05-14-2016, 11:33 AM
Austin997.2
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

That's Jaguar not Porsche
Attached Images  

Last edited by Austin997.2; 05-14-2016 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:30 PM
RaidersR1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Austin997.2
That Jaguar not Porsche
Can't believe that was used for an ad. Not a very respectful ad.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:04 PM
gtntahg
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, my 997 attracts attention more than my other car and I'm sure I end up talking to people I otherwise wouldn't.

For example, I pull into a gas station and a young guy in a business suit walks over and says, "What a beautiful car. I've never seen that shade of red on a 911. What color is it?"

"Ummm, Guards Red…"

I'm female by the way, 54, and have gotten a lot of positive feedback from passersby and total strangers. I drive in the "slow" lane on the freeway, sunroof open, with a smile on my face enjoying the ride. Gotta love the 911
Old 05-14-2016, 02:25 PM
Alexandrius
Pro

If you want cars that attract girls; MB G-wagon is the ultimate. Roll the windows down near a club and girls will literally try to climb in. Extremely hot gold digger type. I know this because I rode in a friends and saw this first hand. My jaw dropped.

As for sports cars, I have heard that the only cars that attract women are literally Lamborghinis. Nothing says brutal excess like an aventador, if you get one of those the same gold digger type above will literally beg to go home with you.

I'm not kidding I saw first hand. (someone else I knew, not me sadly).

The final message in all of this...any woman impressed by ANY car who isn't an enthusiast (who would appreciate a 911) is NOT a good idea to pursue. Unless you know the minefield you are stepping in...then go for it LOL

Quick Reply: Are you treated differently by females when driving your Porsche?