Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 92 Posts

Warum????
Old 04-12-2016, 11:18 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Ten Years
Judging by his avatar pic, maybe the OP is going for the whole "GT3-look"? (Getting the actual cluster, logo and all, is sort of like rebadging the car "GT3," is it not?) I don't get it, either, but to each his own, I suppose.

I love factory Aerokit cars, but wannabe GT3s are something else entirely. *shrugs*
+1
Old 04-13-2016, 12:34 AM
box986
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

xx
Old 04-13-2016, 12:37 AM
box986
Advanced

Originally Posted by nwGTS
Can I ask what the point of this was? Cosmetic? Functional?
Originally Posted by mike9186
I'm curious about the reason for doing this as well.
Originally Posted by yvesvidal
The red line no longer matches what you can do with a 997. I am also wondering what you are getting out of this conversion...? I can see some yellow and red lines (instead of white)....Yves
Originally Posted by Ten Years
Judging by his avatar pic, maybe the OP is going for the whole "GT3-look"? (Getting the actual cluster, logo and all, is sort of like rebadging the car "GT3," is it not?) I don't get it, either, but to each his own, I suppose. I love factory Aerokit cars, but wannabe GT3s are something else entirely. *shrugs*
Originally Posted by SoCal C2S
Seems like a lot of hassle for a "GT3" logo in the panel....Try explaining that to the next buyer. I wouldn't touch it.
Originally Posted by Alexandrius
Redline being inaccurate would be a pretty good reason why to not do this...lol. Two totally different cars. Mezger vs 9a1.
Originally Posted by JuanK20
i think it's a pretty cool cosmetic mod depending on how cheap this mod was. But I wouldn't go out of my way to pay top dollar for a GT3 cluster. I wouldn't be able to justify the expense. But if you got it for a steal, why not? Nice job.
Originally Posted by JuanK20
i think it's a pretty cool cosmetic mod depending on how cheap this mod was. But I wouldn't go out of my way to pay top dollar for a GT3 cluster. I wouldn't be able to justify the expense. But if you got it for a steal, why not? Nice job.
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver
...why
Why, because I wanted an analog KM gauge. For the hater (Ten Years) that replied and questioned I did this for both cosmetic and functional reasons. This is by no means a poser mod, car have factory aero kit, PCCB, X51 Power Kit from the factory and still proudly wears a Carrera S badge in the back. it was a US spec car brought to Asia where KM is the standard and I always wanted an analog KM gauge. Could have bought a Standard Carrera S gauge but I bought this for less than a KM Carrera S gauge or FVD face conversion and thought would be nice to save a few bucks and to have different color needle and lettering at the same time. Purely sharing my experience here because no one knows if this will work before hand.... including the dealer, indy shop and the forum.

Last edited by box986; 04-13-2016 at 01:22 AM.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:42 AM
box986
Advanced

Originally Posted by nwGTS
Can I ask what the point of this was? Cosmetic? Functional?
Originally Posted by Alexandrius
Redline being inaccurate would be a pretty good reason why to not do this...lol. Two totally different cars. Mezger vs 9a1.
Redline still cuts off at where its suppose to for a X51 Power Kit car

Last edited by box986; 04-13-2016 at 01:28 AM.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:31 AM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by box986
Why, because I wanted an analog KM gauge. For the hater (Ten Years) that replied and questioned I did this for both cosmetic and functional reasons. This is by no means a poser mod, car have factory aero kit, PCCB, X51 Power Kit from the factory and still proudly wears a Carrera S badge in the back. it was a US spec car brought to Asia where KM is the standard and I always wanted an analog KM gauge. Could have bought a Standard Carrera S gauge but I bought this for less than a KM Carrera S gauge or FVD face conversion and thought would be nice to save a few bucks and to have different color needle and lettering at the same time. Purely sharing my experience here because no one knows if this will work before hand.... including the dealer, indy shop and the forum.

Wont this be an issue when you resell the car? I would think a KM Red cluster from a GTS or custom CS would be more fitting given the correct redline, etc..
Old 04-13-2016, 01:41 AM
box986
Advanced

Originally Posted by rodH
Wont this be an issue when you resell the car? I would think a KM Red cluster from a GTS or custom CS would be more fitting given the correct redline, etc..
This Carrera S had so much option on it, I think I will keep it for good. My 991.2 GT3 is on order, and it will be order with a stick if the 911 R tranny is available. This Carrera S has X51 Power Kit, PCCB, aero kit, Carrera Sport wheels, full leather, sport seats, sport chrono from the factory
Old 04-13-2016, 02:21 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by box986
Why, because I wanted an analog KM gauge. it was a US spec car brought to Asia where KM is the standard and I always wanted an analog KM gauge.
Yeah, lots of hate here before the guy even told us why he did it. That's a good reason, but personally I'd want a little visual as to where the redline was on the tach. Tape could probably do temporarily but since you're a mod guy like you say I bet you could get in there and even change it yourself.

Quick Reply: GT3 instrument cluster swap in Carrera S