New Duck in SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 12:26 AM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
You owe me! haha
Seriously it took me a few days and I'd say a good 5 hours searching and calling places to get the correct stickers. Most of the older oil stickers are not the same as this one for the 997 and are much smaller. They don't show an image of the stickers in the online catalogue so you really have no idea if it is the right one or not.. unless you spend the time.

You're welcome.
I owe you at least one! I think that equates to three lite beers, or two premium beers, or one IPA!
Old 04-07-2016, 02:18 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 346 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by drockzcity
Just noticed these are for a .2 do you know if they would also be the same part numbers for the .1? The OP and myself included both have .1's.
The engine oil and knock sensor I would bet money are the same as the .1. The engine specification sticker is VIN specific. So the information filling it will change based on your VIN. The 2012 designation is just info I completed when checking out so the vendor could cross check the part numbers knowing what type of 911 I had. Hope that helps!
Old 04-07-2016, 02:52 AM
Terrytwn
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Bought mine from Design911 in the UK as I find theirs to be more closer to the original design. Of course being where I live, it is expensive no matter where I bought the tail from since I live in Taiwan.

Originally Posted by MkC2S
I don't get it, why buy from Getty if everyone's having trouble with fitment. Are they the only seller that sells the ducky?

'73 RS Tribute profile
Old 04-07-2016, 05:02 AM
drockzcity
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
The engine oil and knock sensor I would bet money are the same as the .1. The engine specification sticker is VIN specific. So the information filling it will change based on your VIN. The 2012 designation is just info I completed when checking out so the vendor could cross check the part numbers knowing what type of 911 I had. Hope that helps!
Thank you again! I'll be ordering tomorrow.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:23 PM
csmab
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Resurrecting an old thread. I had a Getty Design Duck Tail Spoiler installed a few months ago. I noticed that the cavity above the air intake snorkel is a closed cavity. No air enters this area. For those that have purchased the Getty do you have the same closed off cavity? It would seem that this limits any air entering into the snorkel.

Thanks

Old 05-06-2018, 11:05 PM
systech
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Unless I'm mistaken, you have a 997.2 and it would appear that you have the ducktail intended for the 997.1 (which only has one air intake for the airbox). That cavity should be open..otherwise you are constricting the amount of air being drawn into the engine and what air is being drawn into that intake is in large part hot air from the engine bay, not good for engine performance.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:12 PM
csmab
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by systech
Unless I'm mistaken, you have a 997.2 and it would appear that you have the ducktail intended for the 997.1 (which only has one air intake for the airbox). That cavity should be open..otherwise you are constricting the amount of air being drawn into the engine and what air is being drawn into that intake is in large part hot air from the engine bay, not good for engine performance.
Nope. I have a 997.1.
Old 05-07-2018, 02:22 AM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts

It’s actually open...if the hole was open right above the snorkel water can ingress quite easily. If you stick your finger into the inlet access you can see it exits towards the back of the duck under the grille.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:50 PM
csmab
Rennlist Member

Hmmm...I will double check when I get home. I was pretty sure I looked and felt around and couldn't find any passages for airflow. Thx
Old 05-07-2018, 10:28 PM
csmab
Rennlist Member

Smile

Originally Posted by SoCal C2S
It’s actually open...if the hole was open right above the snorkel water can ingress quite easily. If you stick your finger into the inlet access you can see it exits towards the back of the duck under the grille.
You are correct. Once I crammed more of my hand in there I could feel a passage way at the rear of the duck. I was worried I was going to suffocate my engine. Ha. Good to now all is well.

Last edited by csmab; 05-07-2018 at 11:25 PM.

Quick Reply: New Duck in SoCal