Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modern "Sports Purpose" Fantasy Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016 | 01:57 AM
Louis de Funes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nwGTS
Magnus did something similar. Do what you like. Ignore the rest.
Attachment 1032528

Attachment 1032529
I actually like it

something different for sure
Old 03-21-2016 | 02:13 AM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nwGTS
I never understand why people are passive aggressive.

I gave advise about his objective technical bits and my opinion on his subjective 'looks' portion was for him to not worry about other's opinions in that dept.

Anything constructive to add?
By "constructive" you mean, I am only allowed to agree with what the OP posted? If so, why are we all here? I simply expressed that I (my opinion) wasn't a big fan of the pic that was posted. He asked for opinions. If I read it wrong, my bad.
Old 03-22-2016 | 09:02 AM
TM_Corey
Instructor

Originally Posted by z3mcoupe
I love the image of the car you posted, nice work! Did you use Forza?
My question also!! I would love to see what my meteor gray '10 S would look like with a flat black hood.
Old 03-22-2016 | 10:09 AM
Sneaky Pete
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jglaze
The base is a '06 S. I agree re: the plenum, out of all the "performance" upgrades, it seems the most questionable. Though I'm under no illusion that there's a whole lot of HP/$ to be extracted from the engine, replacing the exhaust should shed a decent amount of weight from the rear.
I wouldn't completely nix the plenum. There are two for the 997.1's. One just replaces what you have with the same (74mm) TB while the Competition plenum requires the GT3 82mm TB. Big difference between the two. Mate the Comp plenum with some aftermarket exhaust (can / cats) and some ECU tuning and you will have some gains. Remember the top and bottom need to work together.

Now for the shameless plug......I'm taking my 10 month old IPD Competition plenum off in June and replacing it with an X51 plenum / manifold intake. It will be for sale along with a GT3 TB.
Old 03-22-2016 | 10:41 AM
jglaze
Racer

Originally Posted by z3mcoupe
I love the image of the car you posted, nice work! Did you use Forza?
No, found this site: http://www.3dtuning.com/en-US/

Nice way to kill time, though you're a bit limited in what you can do. Before I do any real work on the car, I'll take the time to do a proper edit in Photoshop. And, with the advances in temporary painting via Halo EFX--I don't even think they're calling it plasti dip anymore--you can make some fun visual changes to your car without "ruining" the resale.
Old 03-22-2016 | 10:47 AM
jglaze
Racer

Originally Posted by rodH
By "constructive" you mean, I am only allowed to agree with what the OP posted? If so, why are we all here? I simply expressed that I (my opinion) wasn't a big fan of the pic that was posted. He asked for opinions. If I read it wrong, my bad.
To put this to an end, I wouldn't have asked for opinions if I wasn't interested in hearing them. I do appreciate the perspective from another point of view. Any modification to a car can be polarizing, but if the change makes the driver happy, great! If someone is worried about what others think, then they're doing it for the wrong reasons.

Quick Reply: Modern "Sports Purpose" Fantasy Build