Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I the only one that hates cabriolets?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 02:58 PM
TheBlackMamba
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
As we have seen posted here before:

Coupes are for ugly people.
Damn, I must be ugly!
Old 05-17-2018, 10:03 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,540 Likes on 964 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlackMamba
Damn, I must be ugly!
Old 07-09-2018, 11:24 PM
Panzer966
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I kinda was in the same boat as OP (well not in those words), i always preferred coupe look to cab. until i saw my baby in the Porsche Showroom. Then i took it on a road test and OMG, i felt way more engage, the sound, the smell and the wind rushing through my face, all had to the experience i find. Then again i always was a big sunroof and open window kinda guy. Also turns out once the roof is up, it's not that bad i think she still look sexy. The one think i will admit, not all cab. look good, it depends a lot on the trim and colours.
Tell me that doesn't look good.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:27 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 905 Likes on 532 Posts

Gorgeous car Panzer.

Both of our 911s are cabriolets and the tops are down almost 100% of time when driven . . . We just grab the keys to something else when it is raining.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:33 AM
rootwyrm
Instructor

You can't see it, but I assure you, I am shaking my fist at Panzer in jealousy. Midnight Blue with black top and wheels, hell yes. But no drop tops on the black top.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:27 AM
Zoefhaus
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

The cabriolet-experience is indeed way more intense/engaging than the coupe experience.
The engine/exhaust sound, the sense of speed, the awareness of your surroundings,... it's all 5 levels up compared to a coupe.

Not being a track addict, I gladly trade in any marginal difference in overall rigidity for those many other advantages!
Old 07-10-2018, 08:28 AM
Zoefhaus
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Drop-top motoring
Old 07-10-2018, 09:16 AM
GT3_ISH
Instructor

I am not fan of the cabrio cars, but thats just my personal taste.

I do like that there are so many cabrio owners on here, it makes this community much larger!
Old 07-11-2018, 04:40 AM
hwood
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What make and model are your tail lights?
Old 07-11-2018, 08:28 PM
kcheves
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I was in the market I was coming out of a Cayman and was convinced I wanted a coupe. Then I read a thread here along the lines of "Convince me to like a cab", and decided to look at Cabs. When I found my Midnight Blue/2-tone interior car, it was love at first sight.

I live in San Diego, and if I can't drive with the top down, it stays in the garage. I happen to have it at work today, and now I'm looking forward to the drive home.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:25 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,061 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by Panzer966
I kinda was in the same boat as OP (well not in those words), i always preferred coupe look to cab. until i saw my baby in the Porsche Showroom. Then i took it on a road test and OMG, i felt way more engage, the sound, the smell and the wind rushing through my face, all had to the experience i find. Then again i always was a big sunroof and open window kinda guy. Also turns out once the roof is up, it's not that bad i think she still look sexy. The one think i will admit, not all cab. look good, it depends a lot on the trim and colours.

Not typically a fan of either cabs or 991's but that's a seriously good looking package. Drop it an inch or a bit more and you're done
Old 07-11-2018, 10:20 PM
Rampage
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Panzer966
Wow, love it! Don't see many 991.1 GTS's in that colour which is a shame.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:43 AM
Balr14
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by kcheves
When I was in the market I was coming out of a Cayman and was convinced I wanted a coupe. Then I read a thread here along the lines of "Convince me to like a cab", and decided to look at Cabs. When I found my Midnight Blue/2-tone interior car, it was love at first sight.

I live in San Diego, and if I can't drive with the top down, it stays in the garage. I happen to have it at work today, and now I'm looking forward to the drive home.
You and I think alike. I drive a Mini Cooper on days I can't put the top down. If I have to have a car with a roof, it might as well have 4 doors.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:07 PM
Panzer966
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Meursault88

Anyone here that's raced (at the limit) both cabs and coupes and can detect a difference ?

Would really like to know the answer as well, as I do race mine on autoX and the 2-3 track day yearly.

Also thanks all for the compliment on my GTS. I also really think this color works really well with the GTS package and Cab. Black top.

Quick Reply: Am I the only one that hates cabriolets?