Sponsored by:

Opinion on Fabseed Mufflers and Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 02:31 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,824 Likes on 887 Posts
Default Opinion on Fabseed Mufflers and Pricing

I have a 997.2 base w/o PSE. This is a DD. The car needed a little more growl so I installed a SharkWerks X pipe. This was an improvement but there is still plenty of room for more plus I'm not crazy about the stock exhaust tips.

Messing around on eBay, I saw a seller selling a new Fabspeed side mufflers with a "best offer" option. Hopped up on NyQuil I submitted a low-ball offer for $1,800. Suprisingly, the seller accepted it. I messaged him to make sure that at that price it came with the tips, he asserted that it did. I probably don't need to be spending $1,800 right now but that is a pretty darn good price.

Today the seller messaged me back and said that the order was placed with Fabspeed and that it would take 10 day to manufacture and I could back out if I wanted and he would refund.

I'm guessing that he is not making any money on this deal and is more than happy to not fill his end.

Thoughts? Anyone with this setup? I have been to Fabspeed and they are a stand up shop and their tour and exhausts on display seem very well made.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:22 PM
Chrisjd
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Fabspeed Maxflo exhaust system on my C2. Sounds great but wanted a little more sound so added the Sharkwerks X pipe. IMO that combo sounds great. No droning around town or cruising. Sounds best above 4500 rpm.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:42 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Good feedback, thanks!
Old 02-25-2016, 05:03 PM
jsalah
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Can you post your thoughts/reviews upon install for those of us thinking about a similar mod...?
Old 02-25-2016, 06:12 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Sure can. The HarkWerks X pipe was simple enough but a PITA to do. I like he sound from that but it is still muffled. I'm assuming the side mufflers will be around the same install--in fact they will probably be easier as I put anti-seize on the bolts when I put it he X pipe so those should come off easily.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:31 PM
Cbst09
Racer

There is a guy on 6speedOnline that is wanting to get rid of his Tubi exhaust and swap for oem for $1400. That is a great deal. I would strongly consider that over $1800 for the fabspeed mufflers. he is in NYC
Old 02-25-2016, 08:39 PM
Cbst09
Racer

One more thing, when I bought my car it had the Fabspeed center muffler as well as the Fabspeed side mufflers. It sounded great but I have a PDK and for some reason when stopped at a light I would get quite a bit of vibration that made the dash rattle a bit. Tried playing with the connection points to see if anything was rubbing but couldn't resolve the issue. I think some others have experienced this as well. I removed the side mufflers and sold them here on Rennlist and left the Fabspeed X pipe on. The vibration went away and I am happy with the sound.

Trending Topics

Old 02-25-2016, 09:08 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cbst09
There is a guy on 6speedOnline that is wanting to get rid of his Tubi exhaust and swap for oem for $1400. That is a great deal. I would strongly consider that over $1800 for the fabspeed mufflers. he is in NYC
Link?

Never mind, I found it.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:17 PM
cheechs
Advanced

I bought a fab speed muffler /by pass cats and had nothing but problems with the o2 sensors in the cars. The system turned out to be junk. Your better off looking around for another system with a better rating. Besides there customer service SUCKS.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:23 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Not changing out the cats, just the side mufflers.

However, what issue did you have with their customer service?
Old 02-25-2016, 09:38 PM
Cbst09
Racer

Mike, I have had the "gundo" hack on a previous 997 and just the center muffler bypass on my current 997. I think if you are looking for more sound you may want to consider getting your existing side mufflers done by Darin Fister or a local shop. Quite a few folks have had a similar setup and liked the sound. It would he a heck of a lot cheaper than either the Fabspeed or Tubi side mufflers. Just some food for thought
Old 02-25-2016, 09:56 PM
EdwardB
Instructor

Originally Posted by MaddMike
Messing around on eBay, I saw a seller selling a new Fabspeed side mufflers with a "best offer" option. Hopped up on NyQuil I submitted a low-ball offer for $1,800. Suprisingly, the seller accepted it. I messaged him to make sure that at that price it came with the tips, he asserted that it did. I probably don't need to be spending $1,800 right now but that is a pretty darn good price.

Today the seller messaged me back and said that the order was placed with Fabspeed and that it would take 10 day to manufacture and I could back out if I wanted and he would refund.

I'm guessing that he is not making any money on this deal and is more than happy to not fill
Fabspeed currently sells these on their site for $2145 (discounted from $2350) so $1800 doesn't seem like such a low ball offer IMHO.

Anyway your guy accepts your $1800 then places an order with Fabspeed and he isn't making any money? That doesn't make any sense.

He's either getting them for less than $1800 from Fabspeed or it's a scam. Doubt he'd place an order after he accepted your bid knowing he'll take a loss or just break even.

My 2 cents
Old 02-25-2016, 10:24 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Fabspeed is a supplier and I'm sure they have pricing that their retailers can still make money. $1,800 was obviously above or at the price that they paid. Anyway, I think I will cancel as I'm spending two weeks in Europe and I could use some extra spending money, besides I jsut spent over $30 upgrading the suspension on my bike...

Same seller offered me the Agency Power unit for $1,200. Anyone with thoughts on that unit?
Old 02-26-2016, 12:25 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,037 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
Fabspeed is a supplier and I'm sure they have pricing that their retailers can still make money. $1,800 was obviously above or at the price that they paid. Anyway, I think I will cancel as I'm spending two weeks in Europe and I could use some extra spending money, besides I jsut spent over $30 upgrading the suspension on my bike...

Same seller offered me the Agency Power unit for $1,200. Anyone with thoughts on that unit?
Weird all the way around. How can a guy on Ebay order it from Fabspeed and sell it to you for $400 less than the advertised price on their website?
Old 02-26-2016, 12:35 AM
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 51 Posts

I have the fab speed x pipes and the side mufflers. Just what I wanted. Car has better sound, fit was great, and no cel. I have had excellent service from fabspeed. I bought my mufflers over Christmas while they were running a promotion and the guy there really took care of me. Travis Moran is his name. He can answer any questions u may have.

Quick Reply: Opinion on Fabseed Mufflers and Pricing