997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H&R spring instal

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016 | 07:47 PM
Lvt19672
Burning Brakes

H&R will drop the lowest, Eibachs=Techarts, Techarts are Eibachs with Porsche tax, THE END!!!
Old 03-28-2016 | 08:58 PM
vern1
Race Car

Originally Posted by cvtbenhogan
Vern, looks really good as do the carrera classics with the drop. Is the drop level?
To my eye, the 997 has always had a slight front to back rake which continues with the addition of the springs
Old 03-28-2016 | 11:00 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jsalah
Yep, I basically agree with you, like I said, I've concluded you just have to try something... I personally don't think it's realistic for most people to "try out" every option unless you have access to an inordinate amount of cars.

The *only* quibble I have is with Sandwedge's claim that the H&R drop rate relative to the others is "well established", so to speak. That's simply not true. I have found wildly different claims on that very issue in my research.

Again, not crapping on anyone or any brand here! All I'm saying is that "research" on this topic seems nearly futile, and will not substitute for direct experience. I'll let y'all know what I think of my Techarts when they go on (hahaha. See how I just contradicted my own damn self?!)
Well, I can assure you that I didn't lie intentionally. The H&R drop has always been advertised as 1.25" and the Eibach/Techart drop has always been advertised as 1" even. Incidentally, my current GTS had Eibachs when I bought it. I switched to H&R's and measured before and after. Guess what? .25" lower with H&R.

If you can find any kind of testimonial that supports the opposite I'd love to see it. I never saw any such thing.
Old 03-29-2016 | 02:20 AM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Well, I can assure you that I didn't lie intentionally. The H&R drop has always been advertised as 1.25" and the Eibach/Techart drop has always been advertised as 1" even. Incidentally, my current GTS had Eibachs when I bought it. I switched to H&R's and measured before and after. Guess what? .25" lower with H&R.

If you can find any kind of testimonial that supports the opposite I'd love to see it. I never saw any such thing.
Me neither. I am going through this same situation right now and decided Eibachs for the look I want, the roads I drive and my pocket book. I have always heard that Eibach/techart are around 1" from Base (15mm lower than PASM cars) and HR is 1.25" lower from base in all the research I have done.
Old 03-29-2016 | 10:22 AM
jsalah
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sandwedge

Sigh... This is getting tiresome. Sandwedge, I did not accuse you of lying. I simply said it is not true that the drops of these products are universally accepted and established, and that is fact. Advertising notwithstanding, there are MANY inconsistent claims. I really don't feel the need to waste yet more time proving this to you, and I don't see why it should matter anyway. I haven't told anyone not to get any particular spring, nor have I made any value judgments about any springs or anyone's choice in springs, yours included.
Old 03-29-2016 | 03:37 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jsalah
Sigh... This is getting tiresome. Sandwedge, I did not accuse you of lying. I simply said it is not true that the drops of these products are universally accepted and established, and that is fact. Advertising notwithstanding, there are MANY inconsistent claims. I really don't feel the need to waste yet more time proving this to you, and I don't see why it should matter anyway. I haven't told anyone not to get any particular spring, nor have I made any value judgments about any springs or anyone's choice in springs, yours included.
Testy much?
Old 03-29-2016 | 05:35 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

There's only one way to settle this, you guys.

Old 03-29-2016 | 06:23 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Why don't we divert to a different topic? What kind of motor oil should I use for my car and how often should I change it? Gratuitous pic (Techarts):
Old 03-29-2016 | 06:33 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by awrryan
Why don't we divert to a different topic? What kind of motor oil should I use for my car and how often should I change it? Gratuitous pic (Techarts):
Sexy time!

Personally, I think both the techart and the eibach look worlds better than even SPASM. If you have to have your wheels tucked a bit, you like your car to be a gentleman's cruiser or you drive on consistently bad roads with risk of hitting that front lip then the techbachs are the way to go. If you can push your wheels out, drive on consistently smooth roads (no potholes or speedbumps) or want to be a bit more aggressive looking then i honestly think H&R look best. And so we're clear before there's any dissent, this is all fact because I say it is fact. QED
Old 03-30-2016 | 05:00 PM
rodH
Rennlist Member

aren't EIBACHS/Techarts only like 5mm lower than SPASM? (15mm lower than PASM?)

Originally Posted by nwGTS
Sexy time!

Personally, I think both the techart and the eibach look worlds better than even SPASM. If you have to have your wheels tucked a bit, you like your car to be a gentleman's cruiser or you drive on consistently bad roads with risk of hitting that front lip then the techbachs are the way to go. If you can push your wheels out, drive on consistently smooth roads (no potholes or speedbumps) or want to be a bit more aggressive looking then i honestly think H&R look best. And so we're clear before there's any dissent, this is all fact because I say it is fact. QED

Quick Reply: H&R spring instal