997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake upgrade for C4S

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2016 | 07:14 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Here are part numbers for 6 piston front calipers and 350MM TT rotors (rotors via kit):

These are on my list as well.
Old 02-09-2016 | 12:13 PM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hello Gents,
We've been kicking around the idea of creating one of our complete Competition BBK's for the 997 using AP Racing's latest Radi-CAL technology. We are currently working on a 986/987 four wheel kit. If you guys are interested, please speak up. The more demand we see, the more likely we are to bump it up the priority list.

It seems to me that if you're going to spend $3k+ to get OEM road car parts (and all of their associated shortcomings), you'd be getting far more for your money with our kit. That is particularly true if you're going to pair some OEM calipers from a GT3 to aftermarket two-piece discs. For a couple hundred more our complete kit would offer an enormous increase in performance and value vs. going that route.

Something like what we sell for the front of the C5Z06 Corvette would be a great front option on the 997, and something a little smaller on back possibly. Click here to see some details.

Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Also, if any wholesalers are interested in partnering up with us on this project, please feel free to contact me as well.

Thank you very much.

Essex Designed AP Racing Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kits & 2-piece J Hook Discs
Ferodo Racing Brake Pads
Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines
704-824-6030
jeff.ritter@essexparts.com

Old 02-09-2016 | 12:17 PM
zirrah
Drifting

I was under the impression that the Carrera S brakes were 6 piston and the base model were 4 piston?
Old 02-09-2016 | 01:11 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zirrah
I was under the impression that the Carrera S brakes were 6 piston and the base model were 4 piston?
Nope, for the 997.1 cars, base model brakes are usually black calipers and smaller 4 piston. Standard S brakes are larger 4 piston and usually Red, and then PCCB brakes are larger yet again, 6-pistion, and usually yellow. I say usually on these because there's an option to order different caliper colors from the factory so you could get yellow S calipers if you wanted. It's easy to tell how many pistions, by how many little humps are on that section of the caliperw where the word "Porsche" appears.

Here's a pic of the normally red S-calipers on my wife's car (painted white here) vs the yellow PCCB calipers on my car. The yellow 6-piston calipers also require slightly longer mounting bolts.
Attached Images   
Old 02-09-2016 | 01:11 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Originally Posted by Petza914
Nope, for the 997.1 cars, base model brakes are usually black calipers and smaller 4 piston. Standard S brakes are larger 4 piston and usually Red, and then PCCB brakes are larger yet again, 6-pistion, and usually yellow. I say usually on these because there's an option to order different caliper colors from the factory so you could get yellow S calipers if you wanted.

Here's a pic of the normally red S-calipers on my wife's car (painted white here) vs the yellow PCCB calipers on my car. The yellow 6-piston calipers also require slightly longer mounting bolts.
Gotcha.

Quick Reply: Brake upgrade for C4S