Sponsored by:

Thoughts on another C2 997.1

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 03:39 PM
Muscam1
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thoughts on another C2 997.1

Still looking and having fun Came across this low mileage 2006 that looks interesting. Appears that the short shift, carbon fiber console, and 19" wheels were added after the factory (according to the VIN sheet). It's suppose to be in mint condition.

Think it's been on the lot since around December from what I can tell.

What do you think?

Has anybody here done business with this Chicago areal dealer?

http://www.motorcarsusa.com/Details/...he-911-Carrera

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2016, 03:47 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd be a little timid with that few miles. So if I were you and I really liked the car, I would have it ppi'd for sure and also see if they have any records for anything that has been done to the car. Never done any business with that dealer so I can't comment on that. Beautiful condition car though. Looks minty fresh.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:09 PM
Muscam1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by zirrah
I'd be a little timid with that few miles. So if I were you and I really liked the car, I would have it ppi'd for sure and also see if they have any records for anything that has been done to the car. Never done any business with that dealer so I can't comment on that. Beautiful condition car though. Looks minty fresh.
I know - not yet broken in...and without a warranty to cover those things that happen in the early miles.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:19 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Muscam1
I know - not yet broken in...and without a warranty to cover those things that happen in the early miles.
Well right. At this point that's a 10 year old car. And while few miles is great for condition of the paint, interior, etc it's not great for the condition of rubber seals and the like in the engine. PPI
Old 01-18-2016, 05:00 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

For that money, you can get a 997.1 S. The low miles is driving up the asking price into "S" territory. I'd look for an '07 "S" with a few more miles on it, better bang for the buck IMHO.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:50 PM
Hi-Arc
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice car but I would be concerned about how the car was stored rather than driven the past 10 years. Moisture in any motor is not good.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:29 AM
JCD911S
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

I have an 06 S that I've been contemplating selling. Has 33k miles and an extended warranty good to around 85k miles or until 2024, whichever comes first and transferable. Since you don't have private messaging yet, shoot me your email address and I can email you details if you're interested.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:46 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Wow, everyone's afraid of the beautiful time capsule car. Go figure. Me, I would worry more about the stupid short shift kit. Like, how much to put it back to stock? Not that it would stop me if I'm looking for a like-new 06 silver/black 911 with a clutch. Of which, this looks to be a prime example, and I would make an offer. Or, fret and stew until some other dude walks away with it. At which point miraculously all my fears transform into regrets. Ain't psychology grand?
Old 01-19-2016, 11:33 AM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 48 Posts

Why stupid on the SSK. I love mine. So much better than the stock shifter throw.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:22 PM
Muscam1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by chuck911
Wow, everyone's afraid of the beautiful time capsule car. Go figure. Me, I would worry more about the stupid short shift kit. Like, how much to put it back to stock? Not that it would stop me if I'm looking for a like-new 06 silver/black 911 with a clutch. Of which, this looks to be a prime example, and I would make an offer. Or, fret and stew until some other dude walks away with it. At which point miraculously all my fears transform into regrets. Ain't psychology grand?

Thanks for the comments. Funny but the one thing I don't really care for is something cosmetic - the carbon fiber console. That look is ok if you do all the trim parts...not just the console in this case.

Assume I could always swap it out for a stock console.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:40 PM
jesjammin
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW, I just closed a deal to buy a 09 Porsche C2S Cab with CPO warranty and 30K miles with an MSRP of 115K for a hair over 52K. Market is soft right now and dealers are motivated to sell, admittedly more so for cabs (buy convertibles in the winter ).

Also, I found a web site that shows all price reductions and number of days on the market (http://www.cargurus.com/). Not all cars are listed there but quite a few are. It also tries to estimate how good of a deal your price is but I found that a little off. Still, nice to have that information. I used it to help with negotiations.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:08 PM
cvtbenhogan
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Very clean car, cleanest .1 I've seen on this board. I'd make an offer as one poster suggested. Really I'd buy in heart beat if the ppi checked out at near the asking price. You'll like that carbon console way better than the crap plastic. I'd be happy to make an offer on the console if your crazy enough to part with it.

Haven't heard of that dealer. There are couple of interesting dealers in that area.

Good luck.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:51 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
Are we sure that the short shift kit in this car was not a factory installed option?
Old 01-19-2016, 09:00 PM
Muscam1
Intermediate

Didn't see the short shift on the build sheet but it could have been added later at the dealership.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on another C2 997.1