Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 Engine Mount DIY - Corteco vs Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2021 | 12:30 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Originally Posted by thunderdeep
Anyone else do this motor mount change without jacking up the car? I haven't wrapped my head around jacking up the car vs leaving all the motor's weight on the frame.
I did NOT jack up the car. But I did use a jack to support engine weight while swapping out the mounts. Entire job took about 30 minutes.
The following users liked this post:
Darkboyz68 (01-08-2022)
Old 10-29-2021 | 04:18 PM
GT3dailydriver
Rennlist Member

Thanks for this DIY post. I just replaced the engine mounts on my 2009 Carrera with 55k miles. I noticed that my passenger seat rattled/shook at idle. I also noticed some difficulty shifting into 1 and 2. After doing some research I decided the engine mounts might be the cause of both issues. I opted for the URO RS mounts from Rennpart for 209.95. https://rennpart.com/product/rs-engine-mount-upgrade/ The install was easy and both of my issues are gone. I also notice that the car has more bite in 1st and 2nd. Can really feel the power getting to the wheels on 2nd gear acceleration oout of corners. I will report back if I feel like the RS mounts are too rigid, but I doubt that will be the case.
The following users liked this post:
RennPart (11-08-2021)
Old 11-08-2021 | 04:01 PM
RennPart
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by dirtheadtom
Thanks for this DIY post. I just replaced the engine mounts on my 2009 Carrera with 55k miles. I noticed that my passenger seat rattled/shook at idle. I also noticed some difficulty shifting into 1 and 2. After doing some research I decided the engine mounts might be the cause of both issues. I opted for the URO RS mounts from Rennpart for 209.95. https://rennpart.com/product/rs-engine-mount-upgrade/ The install was easy and both of my issues are gone. I also notice that the car has more bite in 1st and 2nd. Can really feel the power getting to the wheels on 2nd gear acceleration oout of corners. I will report back if I feel like the RS mounts are too rigid, but I doubt that will be the case.
We are glad you like them! They really help tighten up the entire feel of the car. You will notice some slight increase in NVH at 0-5MPH but it isn't bad with the stock leather seats. If you have ever driven a 996 or 997 GT3 I'd say these mounts simulate that feeling of a "tighter" experience overall.

rennpart.com | Phone: 336-793-2134 |Email: ace@rennpart.com

Instagram | Facebook

Quick Reply: 997.2 Engine Mount DIY - Corteco vs Porsche