Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mods, they've gone too far...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 04:25 PM
HolmaN
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's some up to date pictures of the rear. Hope you guys like it.

Old 01-12-2016, 05:10 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by HolmaN
Here's some up to date pictures of the rear. Hope you guys like it.

Back looks great! Like the porsche script.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:29 PM
HolmaN
Instructor

I went to the local porschereseller and ordered a gt3 "smilegrill" for my car. They'll have it home in a week or so.
I'e also been thinking about making the blade black, and with some help from my friend in photoshop, this is what it'll look like if I decie to do both things.
Hope you guys like it. (Not quite sure how the gif will end up on mobile devices)

Old 01-12-2016, 05:33 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,706 Likes on 4,263 Posts

Originally Posted by HolmaN
I went to the local porschereseller and ordered a gt3 "smilegrill" for my car. They'll have it home in a week or so.
I'e also been thinking about making the blade black, and with some help from my friend in photoshop, this is what it'll look like if I decie to do both things.
Hope you guys like it. (Not quite sure how the gif will end up on mobile devices)
Black blade and front smile will look really good. Like the effect. Did a front smile on my wife's pink one in the Vorsteiner bumper.
Attached Images  
Old 01-12-2016, 06:18 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The front lip (the black on in the one image I assume) is just fine; don't sweat it. Had you painted it red, then I'd have an issue with it.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:30 PM
otuA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like I'm in the minority, but I like the black wheels. I think the black wheel trend is common enough that they don't look outrageous, but still rare enough to make your car stand out. Porsche offers black wheels as a factory option after all.

In Los Angeles a 911 is such a common car driven mostly by non-enthusiasts that I pay special attention to personal touches owners make to their cars. I plan to plasti-dip my 19" Carrera Classic wheels in black soon.

Can you share how many coats of which products you used on your wheels? Do you have any close up photos of the wheels in sunlight?
Old 01-19-2016, 07:11 PM
HolmaN
Instructor

Originally Posted by otuA
Sounds like I'm in the minority, but I like the black wheels. I think the black wheel trend is common enough that they don't look outrageous, but still rare enough to make your car stand out. Porsche offers black wheels as a factory option after all.

In Los Angeles a 911 is such a common car driven mostly by non-enthusiasts that I pay special attention to personal touches owners make to their cars. I plan to plasti-dip my 19" Carrera Classic wheels in black soon.

Can you share how many coats of which products you used on your wheels? Do you have any close up photos of the wheels in sunlight?
The car is currently in winterstorage. But I'll amek sure to take some photos for you next time I'm there.
I used 4 layers of normal black plasti dip + 2 pretty thick layers of plasti dips clear coat called glossifier. First black layer was pretty think, but actually went pretty heave with the paint on the other 3 layers. Much "paint" at once gets you a pretty good result, but it's dangerous. Just a little too much and it will be ruined. But plasti dip is actually kinda easy and it's hard to mess it up. If you mess up, you add a little more to that spot during next layer and you're golden.

This is the best I could find from my pictures. The diffrence between wet plasti dip and fairly well glossfier coated rims aren't that big. So they're pretty much the same as the single wheel picture. Keep in mind that they're pretty went on the single picture but DRY on the overall picture with the wheels installed on the car. But as mentioned before, I'll get you real close up pictures as theese don't really make the wheels any justice.

With kind regards, Jonathan.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:17 AM
HolmaN
Instructor

Originally Posted by otuA

Old 01-22-2016, 10:56 AM
HolmaN
Instructor

Manage to take some photos with a better camera.

Quick Reply: Mods, they've gone too far...