Sponsored by:

Looking at a 2009 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 07:54 PM
ktrainman
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yup that would be it, better pics at: https://driveshift.com/car/c15111

Would the non oem wheels be a red flag that something happened to the car?
Old 12-10-2015, 08:12 PM
andy92782
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I wouldn't consider non-OEM wheels a red flag. Lots of people post pics of their new wheels here on this forum and the responses are often along the lines of "Wow, looks great!!" Personally I think the wheels look pretty nice, even if they do have a little curb rash on them. You can always fix that.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:18 PM
street rod
Drifting

Received 261 Likes on 177 Posts

That car rocks. I hope the PPi is clean and it works out for you.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:17 PM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Color combo and condition were my biggest requirements when looking at a new Pcar. I just happened to find a C4S locally over the weekend that was perfect.....and didnt even know it has the big butt! PDK vs. Manual is a personal choice. My car sailed through a PPI only needing front brakes, rear tires, broken inner door handle (common) and a really good interior detail. Rear tires are gonna set you back $500 a piece for the rears and $350 for the front. Peeling paint is common especially around the center tunnel and window switches according to my Porsche tech buddy. Take the ash tray into Home Depot for them to match with a sample of Behr Deep base. Or have offending pieces covered in leather. Door dings.......anything requiring paint work is a no go for me besides bumper nicks. Have a paintless guy look at it. Too bad the OE wheels didnt come with it, but the fitted wheels look appropriate, like BBS? Just make sure they are TUV etc and not some Chinese knock offs. If looking for used take offs, remember the rears are 11.5" IIRC.

I didnt talk price with my seller until I got the PPI report. They took off the cost of repairs from the asking price which made a fair deal for both of us. If a car is priced at retail, it should show like retail. There are a TON of silver, grey and black 997's out there. If this car speaks to you, there are some bargaining points in your favor.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:42 PM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Received 492 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by dasams
If you need to replace seats, install the manual sport seats. Those are similar to adaptives but don't have power memory. Same seat as installed in .1RS. Very comfortable and supportive.
Yes that's what I did
Old 12-10-2015, 10:52 PM
rjshar
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks pretty solid. The paint and dings suck, but at the same time, they may help you relax about driving the car more. I like those rims a lot. The interior looks like the PO was pretty haphazard for a pcar owner, most of the 997.2's out there that I've seen have flawless interiors at 40k miles. I think you have some bargaining points here. There have been two 09' C4S's in the classifieds section recently that I thought were better deals.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:52 PM
Cbst09
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Believe me I am speaking out of experience. I have the GT2 seats in during track season but the standard seats in the winter. I looked at all the options before doing this and in fact there's only one option"

I also have a the same car and the seats can indeed be swapped for power seats. I did it with a fellow rennlister and it was a simple plug and play. I exchanged my sport buckets for adaptive sport seats + cash. The seats came from a rennlister's GT3 and has the alcantara in the middle and are full power, I think they are 21 way adjustable. The harness is there but obviously there will be no seat memory or heat since there are no switches for that.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:15 AM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Received 492 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by Cbst09
"Believe me I am speaking out of experience. I have the GT2 seats in during track season but the standard seats in the winter. I looked at all the options before doing this and in fact there's only one option"

I also have a the same car and the seats can indeed be swapped for power seats. I did it with a fellow rennlister and it was a simple plug and play. I exchanged my sport buckets for adaptive sport seats + cash. The seats came from a rennlister's GT3 and has the alcantara in the middle and are full power, I think they are 21 way adjustable. The harness is there but obviously there will be no seat memory or heat since there are no switches for that.
Wow, flabbergasted
Well at least I did a hack and got the heat to work in mine :-)
I also managed to get my GT2 seats heated

Quick Reply: Looking at a 2009 C4S