Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Wheels. New Photos. New York City.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 09:21 AM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice. I like the black and silver contrast. Also sent to a friend that is looking.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:05 PM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Received 287 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by theporscheguy
Very nice. I like the black and silver contrast. Also sent to a friend that is looking.
Thank you sir! Very nice Avatar btw
Old 12-01-2015, 04:32 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,453 Likes on 4,114 Posts

So much nicer and classier. What are you going to replace her with when she sells?
Old 12-02-2015, 09:35 AM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Petza914
So much nicer and classier. What are you going to replace her with when she sells?
Thanks! For now, I'll be replacing the car with School loans haha. I'm actually not sure man. Maybe another 997? Maybe i'll try to find a reasonably priced C2S and see what the "S" hype is all about. I've never hit the track with this car but my next car will definitely be tracked, so maybe i'll get an S.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:22 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

advice if your open to it?

If for school loans good job buddy having your priorities straight.... there will be another Porsche for you in the future once you start your career and making great $....

If your looking for a car you can track in the future do yourself a huge favor and keep what you have... (assuming $/budget is important right now) The S is a better car yes but NOT be all that much. Talking 30HP difference and although bigger brakes not all that much bigger as the base 997 brakes are not too shabby and more then up to the task of some track days.

The base none s 997 is a hugely capable car... you have your car modded well, to your liking (some nice track mods in lighter wheels and aero etc) The difference going to an S and the $ gap will be big once you buy it, sales tax paid on it, and then mod to your liking. (clearly you like to mod). Not sure you will see this big return... as an owner of now an S (modded) and prior a base 997 (modded) can tell you the none is a super car and a great value! The draw to an S for none S owners I get....but if you have a budget and a nicely set up 997 you may want to hold off.

If your 997 is a good car (no issues) and holding up well would suggest drive it, track it etc... have fun with it!

Originally Posted by JuanK20
Thanks! For now, I'll be replacing the car with School loans haha. I'm actually not sure man. Maybe another 997? Maybe i'll try to find a reasonably priced C2S and see what the "S" hype is all about. I've never hit the track with this car but my next car will definitely be tracked, so maybe i'll get an S.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:06 PM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mickfluff
advice if your open to it?

If for school loans good job buddy having your priorities straight.... there will be another Porsche for you in the future once you start your career and making great $....

If your looking for a car you can track in the future do yourself a huge favor and keep what you have... (assuming $/budget is important right now) The S is a better car yes but NOT be all that much. Talking 30HP difference and although bigger brakes not all that much bigger as the base 997 brakes are not too shabby and more then up to the task of some track days.

The base none s 997 is a hugely capable car... you have your car modded well, to your liking (some nice track mods in lighter wheels and aero etc) The difference going to an S and the $ gap will be big once you buy it, sales tax paid on it, and then mod to your liking. (clearly you like to mod). Not sure you will see this big return... as an owner of now an S (modded) and prior a base 997 (modded) can tell you the none is a super car and a great value! The draw to an S for none S owners I get....but if you have a budget and a nicely set up 997 you may want to hold off.

If your 997 is a good car (no issues) and holding up well would suggest drive it, track it etc... have fun with it!
I really appreciate your input and advice. You made some interesting and valid points. Unfortunately, I havent hit the powerball yet so i need to take care of the bills, so getting an S isn't the main reason for selling. So around income tax time you'll most likely see this car for sale.

But i definitely will keep everything you said in mind when shopping around for my next toy. If the price difference is still too unreasonable for me, i definitely would not mind another non-s. It's a great car. And Especially after what you said since you've owned both.

Thanks again.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:23 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

anytime... that said if you sell the Porsche and want to get back into a fun car at a lesser price point that's a blast on the track I would recommend a Honda S2000....
One of the best gearboxes made and fun as hell.... amazing fun for the price point.

Smart of you though to sell if to put towards college loans, pay off debt or other...

Originally Posted by JuanK20
I really appreciate your input and advice. You made some interesting and valid points. Unfortunately, I havent hit the powerball yet so i need to take care of the bills, so getting an S isn't the main reason for selling. So around income tax time you'll most likely see this car for sale.

But i definitely will keep everything you said in mind when shopping around for my next toy. If the price difference is still too unreasonable for me, i definitely would not mind another non-s. It's a great car. And Especially after what you said since you've owned both.

Thanks again.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:12 PM
JD911S
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great, I think it's a big improvement over the red.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:45 AM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: New Wheels. New Photos. New York City.