Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone converted their interior lights with Suncoast's L.E.D. kit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 05:33 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by gasongasoff
I highly recommend the Suncoast kit. All of the LED's fit, they work, and they're all sufficiently bright and of the correct color temperature of white (i.e. not too blue, not too yellow, and no off-colors, like green). If you try to piece together the kit yourself, you might end up with LED's that don't quite match in color temperature or that aren't bright enough. That's what I did a couple years back before I decided just to just get the Suncoast kit and be done with it.
Originally Posted by SoCal C2S
+1 on this.... The kit was complete, fit every socket, color matched, and still works great after a year.
+2. I did Suncoast about two years ago. Still working and I like the brighter interior, especially if you have to read something in the car.

Note: unlike the incandescent "torpedo" bulbs, the LED "torpedo" bulbs have positive and negative polarity. If it does not light after the initial install, remove the bulb and reverse it, end-to-end, then reinstall it.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:38 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,601 Likes on 4,197 Posts

➕ 3 on the Suncoast kit. I used it in my car and a less expensive Ziza kit in my wife's. There was a clear difference between the quality of the 2 kits.

Quick Reply: Has anyone converted their interior lights with Suncoast's L.E.D. kit?