Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Painted in "Bronze Star" -factory Jeep color

Old 11-19-2015, 08:39 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by stevepow
what about those Rotiform FUC wheels? those were cool. and didn't you used to have a way cool 911 with RUF wheels?
Yes, I plan to have 2 looks for the car...one with aero kit and another retro with duck and likely some Rotiforms. Having some issues though... No rotiform wheels local to me to see, cant inspect finish in person to choose (although think I know what I want) tack on top of that I would be the first guy to have them make the 19FUC for a 997 so no pictures of the wheel even on a 997 for me to see... asked if they could ship me a fuc style center piece (as 3 piece wheels) and I will ship back just so I can see something in person and not possible as the wheels are custom... not ruling it out but not been easy. Great memorey on RUF; I always ran RUF wheels on my cars... and still love them. Here are some pics of past cars I had with RUF wheels. The wilver car was my 997 and happy to be back into a 997. (but miss the others...)

Originally Posted by Kirkwoodloyal
I'm a fan of option B. I'm still running them on Tom Chan's old car (black 997S w/ GT3 aero. I had them redone in bronze along with the end plates on the RS wing. It looks dead sexy. I can't post the pics for some reason, but I'll send you some if you get me your email. Cheers, -Josh
Thats a daring move but you pulled it off, looks slick... well done and great to see cars modded not the norm yet still looking great.

Originally Posted by sclemmons
I have the GT3 RS factory wheels and they are heavy but cool and factory. See avatar photo. Wheel Enhancements might have some. That is where these came from.
This is a wheel I would strongly consider... love them. Would you happen to know the weights of those wheels?
Attached Images     
Old 11-19-2015, 08:42 AM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 103 Posts

My vote is for Carrera sport wheels.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:23 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Originally Posted by awrryan
My vote is for Carrera sport wheels.
They do look great..... But then I see a beast like this start to think about other options...
Attached Images  

Last edited by mickfluff; 11-19-2015 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:38 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,435 Likes on 4,100 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
They do look great..... But then I see a beast like this start to think about other options...
Mickfluff,

Those are my favorite wheels too and the reason I bought the Champion RS171s as that's as close as I could find to that organic curve the emanates from the hub of the wheel and curves out to the rim. Unfortunately Champion doesn't make that specific wheel in a NB or WB fitment - the ones on that show car of theres are like 14" or 15" wide in the back.

I have a set of ADV SL (SuperLight) wheels I'm going to sell. They are in the brushed and clear finish, so brighter than a normal silver wheel with the deep concave look and they're extremely light. They come with ADV wheel specific center caps but I've covered the ADV logo with a Black and shiny silver Porsche crest which I prefer to the ADV logo.

Here are the specs:
Model ADV05 Mv1 SL (forged 1 piece lightweight)
19x8.5 with 42mm offset
19x11 with 52mm offset
Finish: Brushed & cleared

Pictured here they are shown on my NB C2S so they are an aggressive offset but fit a narrow body car without any rubbing issues and mine is lowered on Bilsteins too. Attached is a flyer I had made up to put under the wiper while the car was at Road Atlanta for the Petit Le Mans. It includes a lot more info on the wheels and you can also get more from ADV1's website. ADV wheels are used on many of the highest end cars out there if you look at their photo galleries and don't come up for sale very often.

MSRP on a set made like these is somewhere between $8,500 - $10,000 (look what new ones are selling for on eBay).

I'll sell these for $5,500 with the Nitto Invo tires (brand new rears / fronts have been through 1 set of rears) or $4,750 without the tires + Shipping and PayPal fees. I don't need to sell them and like the way they look so am not really flexible on the price - I'll just leave them on the car until someone buys them and then swap back to my custom polished Champions which I also like and are compatible with the custom RUF center caps I have for them.

Let me know if you're interested as they would look awesome on your car with either the resto-mod ducktail look or the Factory Aero Kit look.
Attached Images          
Attached Files
File Type: docx
FOR SALE Ad for ADV1 Wheels.docx (967.0 KB, 177 views)

Last edited by Petza914; 11-19-2015 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Add photo
Old 11-19-2015, 12:22 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Great looking wheel! Thanks for the note back... ADV makes a top notch wheel no question. Maybe a bit out of my $ range given fact I maybe going with two sets of wheels in the future. One for aero set up and another for the retro water cooled era through back.

RUF is my favorite .... you car with the RUF mods would look epic with (matte or satin not gloss) black RUF wheels.

Originally Posted by Petza914
Mickfluff,

Those are my favorite wheels too and the reason I bought the Champion RS171s as that's as close as I could find to that organic curve the emanates from the hub of the wheel and curves out to the rim. Unfortunately Champion doesn't make that specific wheel in a NB or WB fitment - the ones on that show car of theres are like 14" or 15" wide in the back.

I have a set of ADV SL (SuperLight) wheels I'm going to sell. They are in the brushed and clear finish, so brighter than a normal silver wheel with the deep concave look and they're extremely light. They come with ADV wheel specific center caps but I've covered the ADV logo with a Black and shiny silver Porsche crest which I prefer to the ADV logo.

Here are the specs:
Model ADV05 Mv1 SL (forged 1 piece lightweight)
19x8.5 with 42mm offset
19x11 with 52mm offset
Finish: Brushed & cleared

Pictured here they are shown on my NB C2S so they are an aggressive offset but fit a narrow body car without any rubbing issues and mine is lowered on Bilsteins too. Attached is a flyer I had made up to put under the wiper while the car was at Road Atlanta for the Petit Le Mans. It includes a lot more info on the wheels and you can also get more from ADV1's website. ADV wheels are used on many of the highest end cars out there if you look at their photo galleries and don't come up for sale very often.

MSRP on a set made like these is somewhere between $8,500 - $10,000 (look what new ones are selling for on eBay).

I'll sell these for $5,500 with the Nitto Invo tires (brand new rears / fronts have been through 1 set of rears) or $4,750 without the tires + Shipping and PayPal fees. I don't need to sell them and like the way they look so am not really flexible on the price - I'll just leave them on the car until someone buys them and then swap back to my custom polished Champions which I also like and are compatible with the custom RUF center caps I have for them.

Let me know if you're interested as they would look awesome on your car with either the resto-mod ducktail look or the Factory Aero Kit look.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:47 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Great looking wheel! Thanks for the note back... ADV makes a top notch wheel no question. Maybe a bit out of my $ range given fact I maybe going with two sets of wheels in the future. One for aero set up and another for the retro water cooled era through back.

RUF is my favorite .... you car with the RUF mods would look epic with (matte or satin not gloss) black RUF wheels.
I like RUF wheels and my car actually came with some, but the previous owner had them chromed and the were ridiculously heavy. Had they been RUF's polished versions they would still be on the car today. Here are a couple pics with the Chrome wheels. They're now in Texas somewhere and the new owner loves them.

I also don't like black wheels as all the detail of the wheel gets lost in the dark wheel well. Most of the photos in this thread of the black wheels just reinforce my personal opinion on that. I'm also not a fan of the wheels matching the car color, so with a GT Silver car, that doesn't leave me a lot of options, but it's the reason I had my silver painted Champions polished and cleared. The upside is that at least I know what I like and don't like

Let us know what you decide on for the 2 sets.
Attached Images   
Old 11-19-2015, 01:29 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
Are there wheels out there for the 997 that don't cost 6,000 dollars and look cool?

I like my stock wheels, light, strong, cheap but almost 7 years on the same ones maybe one day some new shoes....
My Avant Garde M510's cost half of that new.

I had iForged swifts on my 997 for the past 5 years, I liked the black on black look.

I recently changed it up and preferred something more simple with my graphite AG M510's.

Personally, I don't care for fuch's on modern Porsches, think it looks out of place. A modern 911 deserves a modern look.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:57 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Thanks for the note back.... I like the Fuch like wheel only if your going to take it further with a ducktail and other retro like mods but stand alone agree with your comments. Thanks for that last pic of your car with the wheel in a greyish like finish as I found these and really like them plus they are Champion, super light for a 20' and goes with the F77 mods on my car being Champion etc..

curious thoughts on these Champions in pics here. Stealth grey wheel on a black car....
wish they were 19 but these 20's are lighter then most 19's out there and supposed built very well...

May pull the trigger.... think this could be a nice look.

Originally Posted by Ynot
My Avant Garde M510's cost half of that new.

I had iForged swifts on my 997 for the past 5 years, I liked the black on black look.

I recently changed it up and preferred something more simple with my graphite AG M510's.

Personally, I don't care for fuch's on modern Porsches, think it looks out of place. A modern 911 deserves a modern look.
Attached Images   
Old 11-19-2015, 02:09 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Personally, I wouldn't put 20s on a 997. Check out some pics and see if you like the look. You'll also have more weight and a non-existent sidewall.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:22 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

The killer is the unsprung weight with most 20s but with these wheels less the case as ultra light for 20's wheels....they are lighter then most 19's.

http://www.championmotorsport.com/pr...p/cms-rf67.htm

My car has 20's on it now (can't say looks bad, pic attached) and current wheels have near new tires (less then 2K miles on them) so would be an easy swap out tire wise saving me an additional cost in tires. (1200 range) Like the fact they are Champion, goes with F77 package.

But your comments not falling on deaf ears....re sidewall are what keep me from snatching them up asap, if they were 19 would make it an easier choice. Note my car not a daily driver for me.

hmmmmmmmm....

Originally Posted by Petza914
Personally, I wouldn't put 20s on a 997. Check out some pics and see if you like the look. You'll also have more weight and a non-existent sidewall.
Attached Images  
Old 11-19-2015, 07:52 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Thanks again all for the comments and input.... These 20 champions maybe the ticket. Still reading up on people experience with 20s on 997. The newer cars 991 running 20s and even porsche offering 20 on cayman and boxsters etc. if such a bad option why now seeming like the norm for Porsche?
Old 11-19-2015, 08:13 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

These 19" RS-808 Wheels are very light weight options!
Attached Images    
Old 11-19-2015, 08:45 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Some beautiful Porsches here. A real reminder that the 997 is probably the nicest looking series ever made.

Quick Reply: Best wheels for a 997 Black Aero car???