Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thinking of moving on, not sure

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 02:06 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts

Where I live, a 911 isn't so unusual that it attracts too much attention. There are certainly lots of kids who like it and the occasional person who gives a good-natured comment at a stoplight or gas station. I don't think I've gotten any negative comments from anybody but I expected to get a few when I bought it.

I enjoy the attention--especially from the kids. Anything I can do to keep kids interested in cars is all right by me. I remember one occasion where there was a boy riding with his mom. I passed them and then wound up in front of them at a stop light. I saw him notice the car and point when I passed, talking to his mom in an animated way. When they pulled up behind me at the light he was transfixed. I pushed my spoiler-up button and revved the car and the look on his face when the spoiler rose up was priceless. He looked positively giddy. His mom probably thought I was a dope--it didn't matter. You can't put a price on that kind of thing.

But if attention isn't your thing, there's nothing wrong with getting something more in line with your personality. My 997 is my DD but there are times that I drive my SUV or my old pickup to appointments or to see particular clients, or when I know I'll be on a particular side of town where my expensive car might not be appreciated.

I've always driven something noticeable--either a sports car or a classic car. I love them--but I know they will attract attention. It's unavoidable. If you don't like it, you'll always be unhappy until you buy something else.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:27 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 146 Likes on 115 Posts

I also drive a Big Black Suburban. It has a dark tint and is mostly debadged.
I pull into gas stations (obviously a lot) people stop and look.
They point, wondering who I'm chauffeuring around?
It could be an Uber car/truck. Rock stars? Drug dealers? Diplomats?
Nope kids, or renovation items like toilets and sinks.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:11 PM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

sell it and buy a honda civic - that way no one will ever notice you

Quick Reply: thinking of moving on, not sure