Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 pcm 3.0 with iPhone 6

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 05:11 PM
Bomar Shelby
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Still unable to get my Iphone 7 to work on my 2009 C4S. Incoming and outgoing calls work fine but either way the other party cannot hear me speaking. I'm assuming the problem is the microphone in my car?
Also when I turn the car off the XM defaults to the channel 1 station instead of the channel I was listening to previous to shut off. Lastly, when the car is turned back on the volume is defaulting to a very high level. Are others having similar issues?
Old 10-04-2017, 05:37 PM
BillNye
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bomar Shelby
Still unable to get my Iphone 7 to work on my 2009 C4S. Incoming and outgoing calls work fine but either way the other party cannot hear me speaking. I'm assuming the problem is the microphone in my car?
Also when I turn the car off the XM defaults to the channel 1 station instead of the channel I was listening to previous to shut off. Lastly, when the car is turned back on the volume is defaulting to a very high level. Are others having similar issues?
To your first issue, it's difficult to diagnose without more details. Have you tried testing with another phone? When connected to the car, your iPhone should use the car's mic if you activate Siri, does that work? Try speaking into the iPhones microphone during a call, sometimes the phone can use the wrong microphone. The answers these questions might help tease out the root cause.

As to the radio station defaults, somewhere buried in the PCM menus there is an option to store and recall your radio (and HVAC) settings for each driver (key). Try to find that menu and disable it, or re-store your settings. I believe audio settings are also on a per-input basis, so XM will have different settings from CD, from FM, etc.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:52 PM
Bomar Shelby
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

yes, my wife also has a 7 phone and I got the same result after syncing her phone to my car. Calls go out and are received but the other party in either case can not hear us. As to the suggestion about speaking into the phone , if I wanted to do that I wouldn't need bluetooth. I want hands free calling. I'll cruise through the manual to see if I can undo the radio gremlins
Old 10-06-2017, 08:05 AM
BillNye
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bomar Shelby
yes, my wife also has a 7 phone and I got the same result after syncing her phone to my car. Calls go out and are received but the other party in either case can not hear us. As to the suggestion about speaking into the phone , if I wanted to do that I wouldn't need bluetooth. I want hands free calling. I'll cruise through the manual to see ifi I can undo the radio gremlins
I wasn't suggesting yuo use the phone's microphone as a long term solution, just as a test to make sure all the settings on the phone are correct in order to diagnose correctly.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:48 AM
Beezztie
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks to the first posts in this topic I was able to get my iPhone 7 to stream music to the PCM 3.0 of my 997.2 Carrera S. The car came with the "Y-adapter" so only had to buy a 30-pins to lightning adapter cable and a lightning extension cable. However it took me three orders to get the right cables so I thought I'd share my findings with this forum. Apparently there are several versions of 30-pins to lightning and also lighting extension cables. Some only enable charging whilst off course you want those that support audio. Maybe I am the only one not paying attention to that but so you know. As a reference the "charge only" are usually a lot cheaper than the audio version..
Old 05-08-2018, 02:48 PM
E368
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Just be lucky you have a USB/aux port at all as my 997.2 somehow did not come with either...In the middle of installing an aftermarket head unit now, tracking down the correct wiring harness adapters, etc. Will post a thread when it's complete.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:04 PM
Uda880
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm not sure why there's such a need to go for the $100 - $200 solutions (maybe to connect to the steering wheel controls?). Since my car came with the Sport Design wheel, I just purchased a
$20 Aux adapter with a Bluetooth dongle that plugs directly into the USB port $20 Aux adapter with a Bluetooth dongle that plugs directly into the USB port
. Neat and clean install, that works perfectly (with a few reconnections here and there).
Old 05-08-2018, 05:14 PM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

Your dongle will provide music, but will not display information on the PMC screen. If you go through the 30 pin connector it will display information about the song you are listening to and I believe the callers information too when calls come in.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:36 PM
zerostate
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi folks,

I haven’t seen this mentioned yet in this thread so I thought I’d chime in. I got a Bovee 1000 Bluetooth to 30 pin adapter made for the iPhone and It works better than any of the other solutions I have tried. At least as well as a wired connection, Y-cable -> adaper -> cable -> iPhone. (I had some strange issues with the wire too that I think are PCM firmware vs. way newer iPhone software.)
https://www.amazon.com/Bovee-Wireless-Bluetooth-Interface-Integration/dp/B00B52LLJ6/ref=sr_1_3/144-5052161-8803442?ie=UTF8&qid=1525824794&sr=8-3&keywords=Bovee+1000 https://www.amazon.com/Bovee-Wireless-Bluetooth-Interface-Integration/dp/B00B52LLJ6/ref=sr_1_3/144-5052161-8803442?ie=UTF8&qid=1525824794&sr=8-3&keywords=Bovee+1000

I have been using it for several months with an iPhone 6+ and 8. Music on the phone and streaming work fine. Your library and playlists are all available in the PCM. You can even see recent Apple Music streams and playlists. It’s not perfect though. Sometimes the phone and Bluetooth don’t sync up when you start the car and it will roll over to the radio, usually playing very loud. When you use the PCM to fast forward the song info can get stuck on the last song for a while. Sometime the bluetooth says it connected on the phone and it will play through AUX but iPod does not show up as an input.

Hope this helps someone.

Peace,

ZS.

Quick Reply: 997.2 pcm 3.0 with iPhone 6