Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on Starke wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 12:49 PM
Philster
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just bumping this up to say that I am going to pull the trigger and get the Starke Design wheels from Tire Rack, in matte graphite, with the O.Z. racing style shown above.

The weight is actually quite good, and Tire Rack does a pretty good job of offering quality products. After considering the cost per wheel and potential need to replace anything damaged some day, it just makes it a helluva value.

I am going to have Tire Rack slap some new Bridgestone S4 summer tires on them and have them shipped out ready to be mounted.

I found dark O.Z. center caps, so I am going to be a poseur and slap them on, too.

For triple the price, I almost ordered a set of Vorsteiner wheels with S4's, but just couldn't look past the value of the Starke's.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:55 PM
Nailedit
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Philster
Just bumping this up to say that I am going to pull the trigger and get the Starke Design wheels from Tire Rack, in matte graphite, with the O.Z. racing style shown above.

The weight is actually quite good, and Tire Rack does a pretty good job of offering quality products. After considering the cost per wheel and potential need to replace anything damaged some day, it just makes it a helluva value.

I am going to have Tire Rack slap some new Bridgestone S4 summer tires on them and have them shipped out ready to be mounted.

I found dark O.Z. center caps, so I am going to be a poseur and slap them on, too.

For triple the price, I almost ordered a set of Vorsteiner wheels with S4's, but just couldn't look past the value of the Starke's.

I have had them for 3 months now and love them. Weight is not bad and is still less than stock unless you have the turbo twists. You really are gonna give up your badge and replace it with OZ racing lol? To each their own but it looks really good with the crest.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:25 PM
Philster
Three Wheelin'

I found the darker matte Porsche center caps, too, so maybe I'll just be a part-time poseur. lol
Old 05-21-2016, 04:23 PM
nismosd
Instructor

Definitely a great value and they look great, very modern styling. Post some pics when mounted
Old 05-22-2016, 12:39 PM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Philster

Say no to being a poseur. Fake Rolex, fake Louis Purses, and now fake wheels? No wonder why we have so many fake people. But fake a porsche?

Just get the Porsche crest cap and call it good.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:13 PM
j beede
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a BNIUB set of 20" OZ Utraleggera HLT in my garage in NorKal right now. Send me a PM if you are interested. It's a long story...

20x11 ET65
20x8.5 ET55

5-130 bolt pattern
Factory CF center caps
Old 05-22-2016, 04:35 PM
Philster
Three Wheelin'

Thanks, but I am not looking to jump to 20" wheels.

Anyone else interested? Go for it.

Fake O.Z. centre caps:. Look, I don't take life too seriously, and I don't talk up my car. To me it's all fun.
Old 05-22-2016, 05:41 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by qwkslvrnsx
Not that there's anything wrong with them, if you are the type that can accept the idea of getting what you pay for, then they are an excellent choice! I love my set! Same weight as OZ Ultraleggeras and JWL certified. Porsche specific hubcentirc & offsets. You curb one, no big deal, buy a replacement. What more can you ask for?

are those the matte graphite silver ? they look black .
Old 06-05-2016, 04:56 PM
Bill in Boston
Advanced

I'm a copy cat. Right down to the 15mm spacers in the back. Went w/ Bridgestone s-04s over MPSS due to the cost and my usage (weekend car).

Old 01-20-2017, 07:50 PM
JboxJohnny
2nd Gear

Default Wheels

Hey Bill in Boston.
I didn't know if you got my pm...
Looking for some specs on the tire combo you have....
Sizes etc?
thanks John
Old 01-21-2017, 07:16 PM
Bill in Boston
Advanced

Hi John,

Here are the details. I don't have offsets in my receipt from TireRack but they should be able to set you straight. In addition to the wheels I bought a package of spacers from Adaptec that had 7mm fronts and 15mm rears. I only ended up using in rears as the front looked good to my eye without spacers.

Bill

front:
19X8.5 STARKE DESIGN BC MGS
235/35R-19 BRIDGESTONE POTENZA S-04 POLE POSITION XL

rear:
19X11 STARKE DESIGN BC MGS
295/30R-19 BRIDGESTONE POTENZA S-04 POLE POSITION XL
Old 01-22-2017, 10:59 AM
JboxJohnny
2nd Gear

Thanks Bill
Appreciate it!
Old 01-22-2017, 11:11 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,872 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by rodH
Say no to being a poseur. Fake Rolex, fake Louis Purses, and now fake wheels? No wonder why we have so many fake people. But fake a porsche?

Just get the Porsche crest cap and call it good.

Agreed. I hate fake everything. My fake OZ centerlocks are driving me crazy.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:27 PM
Jack667
Rennlist Member

Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

Just a comment on the center caps. I have OZ wheels and they came with free centercaps. I set them to the side and used my Porsche Crest caps. That was 6+ years ago. I've gone through some porsche caps, either stolen or falling off. And I have some that need some repair (Long story, not wirth the bother here).
Anyway, I put the OZ caps on about a year or two ago and mostly drive around without anyone noticing. But - two or three cheesy ricer guys have come up to me over that period of time to tell me they have the same wheels on their car. Yeah... I want to switch them when I get around to it, but it's not high on the list.

So - with all that said, I can't imagine anyone wanting to replace Porsche caps with OZ, but maybe I'm just too old to get it...
Old 08-15-2017, 04:27 PM
Mdnyte
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone received the machined finish, Im thinking of getting these rims too, seems like a great price! Just not sure to get grey or machined?

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Starke wheels?