Sponsored by:

PDK on a 2010

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 05:18 PM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Easier? I might understand that some people prefer the buttons (although I can't think of any single reason), what is hard about pulling the paddles?
You can't expect modern Porsche owners to know their left from their right.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:07 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 797 Posts
Default PDK on a 2010

If you are lucky enough to get your 2010 with PDK you will most likely have buttons, and as time goes on, a list of desired modifications. Assuming you are like most, those mods will be prioritized and completed based upon cash flow.

I would hold on to the buttons for a while. I have yet to hit a button by mistake. I like my buttons.

I hold the wheel loosely. If you grip tight maybe your results will be different. But if you hold tight I would think it would be hard to loosen your grip, pull your fingers outside beyond the paddle and shift.

I like being able to shift up or down with either hand. On long drives, it's nice to hold my wife's hand (or leg, or ... as another forum member stated) and still be able to shift at will, left handed only, up or down.

The PDK is seamless. It even allows downshifts in mid turn without upsetting things. The ring finger down shifts, the side of the thumb up shifts. The loose hold prevents unwanted shifts.

My opinion. As I said before, there are two camps. Play a bit before you decide what's right for you. You can do other mods in the meantime.

The important thing is to get the car. You will love it.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:14 PM
Cheekybird
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for all the great in put. I have my eye on a 2010.

Quick Reply: PDK on a 2010