ecostellodo
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Repta, where are you in oklahoma?
Old 07-30-2015, 02:42 AM
Psymon
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ouch! Sorry to hear and hopefully it's just the motor mount.

What year / milage is your car? And do you know if it's the original motor mount or the previous owner replaced it with after market?
Old 07-30-2015, 01:30 PM
Repta
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes both MM will be replaced. I'm a do it in pairs kinda guy haha
I'm all over OKC.
It's a 2006 S with 54,000 miles. Judging by the condition of the vehicle in guessing they're factory MMs so it doesn't hurt my feelings to change them. My mech said if it's MM only it'd be right under or at $500 for OEM replacements. After a look at them I feel like an idiot paying someone to do something I could easily do myself but I want him and his guys up in there looking around also for anything else that doesn't look right.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:05 AM
Edcantera
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts

Hope that the only damage they find is the mounts! Have you considered upgrading to stiffer MM since you are swapping them out?
Old 08-03-2015, 12:24 AM
Repta
Cruisin'

Mechanic said all was well, replaced with OE mounts for $550 total. Went slow straight to my tire guy to have wheels and alignment checked out and he showed me one rear wheel is bent enough to wobble on the balance machine. I had already been shopping for wheels because the previous owner had rashed a front and rear and I decided on a set of forged BBS with new rear tires. I'll post pics when they come in, probably on a relevant thread and my profile page.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:31 AM
Repta
Cruisin'

Edcantera, I decided against solid or even semisolids because the most I'll get to track this thing is 2-4x/yr and get mainly highway driving. I read several places and asked my mech and the concencus I got was going with more rigid engine mounts and not trans could result in shift issues. This may or may not be true. But, I am convinced the car is still way beyond my driving level so stock is best for now. Someday that may change but probably not even then. I'll just get a GTS or 3.

Quick Reply: Any ideas on damage?