Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 brake ducts on GTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015 | 06:13 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Default GT3 brake ducts on GTS

I'm trying to find the part numbers for the left and right brake rotor cooling air ducts for the GT3 to fit my GTS and can't find them in the PET.

Anyone have these two part numbers?
Old 07-30-2015 | 06:16 PM
Alexandrius
Pro

they are like 26 dollars from suncoast porsche parts. Just order them from there; they will fit a GTS, GT3, C2S, C4S no problem. I installed them myself took like 3 minutes each side once wheels were off.

GT2 brake duct is wayyyy bigger and worth it if your tracking IMO. I used to have them but they require a bit of modification, don't just pop in with 0 tools like the gt3s do. Mine got destroyed/ripped off from a pothole because they hang low. Good news is they don't cause damage if they break off, bad news is they are about 10 times the expense of the GT3 ducts.

All that said; for street and ocassional track use and good braking technique gt3 ducts should be fine. I may go back to gt2 soon but for now gt3 works.
Old 07-30-2015 | 06:21 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Alexandrius
they are like 26 dollars from suncoast porsche parts. Just order them from there; they will fit a GTS, GT3, C2S, C4S no problem. I installed them myself took like 3 minutes each side once wheels were off.

GT2 brake duct is wayyyy bigger and worth it if your tracking IMO. I used to have them but they require a bit of modification, don't just pop in with 0 tools like the gt3s do. Mine got destroyed/ripped off from a pothole because they hang low. Good news is they don't cause damage if they break off, bad news is they are about 10 times the expense of the GT3 ducts.

All that said; for street and ocassional track use and good braking technique gt3 ducts should be fine. I may go back to gt2 soon but for now gt3 works.
Okay let me rephrase my question. I have two ducts. These are the part numbers:
Left - 997 341 483 92
Right - 997 341 484 92

Are these part numbers for the GT3 air ducts?
Old 07-30-2015 | 06:46 PM
Alexandrius
Pro

ahhhh lol. Damn I had that info like 3 weeks ago I can try and find it. Those numbers look correct to me off the top of my head though. GT3 ducts are only slightly larger than Carrera ducts. Are you wondering if yours are GT3?
Old 07-30-2015 | 06:47 PM
Lugs H
Instructor

Yes on the numbers
Old 07-30-2015 | 07:03 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lugs H
Yes on the numbers
Nice. Let's do this.
Old 07-30-2015 | 07:10 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Alexandrius
ahhhh lol. Damn I had that info like 3 weeks ago I can try and find it. Those numbers look correct to me off the top of my head though. GT3 ducts are only slightly larger than Carrera ducts. Are you wondering if yours are GT3?
I acquired the ducts, was wondering if they were GT3 ducts and if so would replace my stock ducts with them. Looks like they are so on they will go.
Old 07-30-2015 | 10:23 PM
kisik
Rennlist Member

Those GT3 ducts are pretty much the same size what you have. I wouldn't even try them. If you seriously track your car, it is highly recommended to use riveted ducts from 996 GT2. There is someone selling them right now: https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...ake-ducts.html
My car doesn't have PASM Sport so it regular height. No problem on a street.
They can be fitted into 997s and made a big documented difference to prevent rotor cracking.

I also fitted 997 TT ducts on the back.

----------------------
997 C2S 05'
Old 07-31-2015 | 10:42 AM
scorcherjf
Racer

I actually picked up a set of those GT3 ducts and was about to put them on but when I compared them with the stock GTS ducts that I have, they were actually smaller. I had the GT3 ducts from when I had a 997.2 C2S so I was just going to transfer them over to the GTS but I didn't bother when I saw the GTS ones. I guess the GTS has different ducts than a C2S?
Old 08-02-2015 | 12:20 PM
mdrums
Race Director

The $26 GT3 ducts really do not cool the brakes on the track much better than the stock ducts on your GTS. If you really want to do it right and see a benefit get the GT2 ducts from Suncoast. Those work I know. Then if you really want brake performance improvement get some GT3 6 piston calipers and 350mm Turbo rotors...this is all direct bolt on with no funky spacers and junk like that....proven Rolex GT winner too...
Old 08-02-2015 | 01:57 PM
Alexandrius
Pro

Originally Posted by mdrums
The $26 GT3 ducts really do not cool the brakes on the track much better than the stock ducts on your GTS. If you really want to do it right and see a benefit get the GT2 ducts from Suncoast. Those work I know. Then if you really want brake performance improvement get some GT3 6 piston calipers and 350mm Turbo rotors...this is all direct bolt on with no funky spacers and junk like that....proven Rolex GT winner too...
Agreed. I had the gt2 ducts, but imo they are NOT practical for a mostly street driven car in a big city/bad area. Every visit I made to houston or austin one would get ripped off. Literally.
Old 08-03-2015 | 02:24 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
I paid nothing for this pair of GT3 ducts so was just wondering if these were a direct fit. I'll add them since I have them.

I'll upgrade to GT2 or fabricate my own with a 3D printer if I ever see the need for more cooling.

Appreciate the help, all.

Quick Reply: GT3 brake ducts on GTS