Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 04:05 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,168 Likes on 3,932 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Satan
Those child seats are awesome.
My wife's 997 is pink pearl, and guess what, the other color these car seats come in is black with pink trim, so that's what was in hers.

Kids actually fit better just sitting on a pillow now so if anyone local is interested in these cat seats, you can have them. They weren't very expensive to start with and fit the back seats of the 997 quite well due to the narrow base. Also had a high safety rating.

LMK
Attached Images  
Old 10-21-2015, 08:36 PM
GBG
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome pick Pete! Kids are beautiful and fit nicely back there... Enjoy the car with them while they still fit!
Old 10-21-2015, 09:51 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GBG
Awesome pick Pete! Kids are beautiful and fit nicely back there... Enjoy the car with them while they still fit!
Thanks, and yes, with me being 6'1" they fit a good bit better in my wife's than they do in mine since seat position isn't as critical when you're not driving. It's actually the reason I picked up my 928 Spyder. It has quite a bit more room in the rear seat, giving whoever is behind me decent legroom. Part of why that's the case is because of the convertible top that secures above the windshield header, whilch let's me be a bit more upright than in a normal 928, espeicially if it's a sunroof car. Still need to install the rocket red powdercoated intake, but that will pretty much finish it up.
Attached Images       
Old 10-22-2015, 11:43 AM
GBG
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Great car... a timeless look. Enjoy!
Old 10-22-2015, 12:49 PM
halperin45
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks sick nj
Old 02-25-2016, 11:00 PM
malahhaor
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 93 Posts

Why i love this car is because it is full of aftermarket, but unless you know Porsche you can't tell that its not stock . its personalized yet not over the top at all and very clean.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:06 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys. Ended up selling the ADV1's last weekend. Polished Champions are now back on with the RUF Center caps. Planning to reprogram my DSC box this weekend to make some suspension behavior adjustments.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:16 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Installed carbon wrapped 997 adaptive seats and finished-up the Intake last week too on the 928 Spyder !

Old 02-27-2016, 01:36 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Has a nice suspension setup as well - Bilstein Damptronics, Cargraphic AirLift, Tarett Monoball front mounts, RSS LCAs, dogbones, toe steer kits, camber locks, TPC DSC module.

Ran out of stuff to do, so bought the 928 project, which I've also now finished. Upkeep of the fleet (have a 914 too) should keep me busy enough though, plus I'm out of space
man, still waiting for a sound clip from that cool looking clean exhaust set up... but mypoint here is a Q about your susp setup, do you track the car or...? can you feel a difference from stock? i am sure you can, but what about every day around town stuff...is she still driveable/semi comfortable...? again, looking awesome...i am in envy, slightly, wonderment as well as to how different it can all be, must try a bit more than just H&R springs one of these days, PSS 9 or 10 springs to mind here...
Old 02-27-2016, 01:50 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kkswow12
man, still waiting for a sound clip from that cool looking clean exhaust set up... but mypoint here is a Q about your susp setup, do you track the car or...? can you feel a difference from stock? i am sure you can, but what about every day around town stuff...is she still driveable/semi comfortable...? again, looking awesome...i am in envy, slightly, wonderment as well as to how different it can all be, must try a bit more than just H&R springs one of these days, PSS 9 or 10 springs to mind here...
No, I don't track it. The spirited driving is done in the mountains. Still extremely drivable. Just did a 3 hour each way round trip to Charleston for a meeting the other day. The ride is firmer, but better (more controlled). Monoball front top mounts add a bit of noise, but you can only hear it during slow speed maneuvers, like in a parking lot.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:53 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

is your setup along the lines of the pss9/10, or more involved? and ultimately, more 'spensive...?
Old 02-27-2016, 04:04 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

is your setup along the lines of the pss9/10, or more involved? and ultimately, more 'spensive...?
My car has PASM, so my Bilsteins are the B16 Damptronics taken beyond just the regular Normal and Sport modes by TPC's DSC (Dynamic Suspension Control) module, which dynamically adjusts the suspension based on which profile is selected, and then based on G forces reported by the 3-axis accelerometer. If you have a PASM equipped car, the best place to start is with the addition of the DSC module. You may not need to go any further than that. If you do, next is probably coilovers from either Bilstein or TPC's new line of Tractive DDA coilovers. If you still want more, then the other suspension parts (LCAs, Dog Bones, Toe Steer kits, camber locks, sway bars and drop links, etc).

The PSS9 and PSS10 Bilsteins are traditional coilovers with 9 or 10 adjustment positions, respectively.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:11 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

i am just now considering tuning my suspension elements as things are now 8 years old, though with only 35k kms, so it is still tight, but long, cold winter nights set in and the mod bug starts nibbling at my tiny brain and i think, hmmm, i could spend some money i don't need to on some stuff i don't need, but then i'd have a cool upgrade on my susp, and it would be fun, ahh, fun...so, i guess my Q is, am i going to spend 3 or 4 grand and still have basically the same ride as far as my amatuer(ish) butt tuner can tell? and i actually think i know the answer, just want to hear the sound of my own voice, kinda, and kinda thinking out loud ....
Old 02-27-2016, 04:14 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

and oh, just saw the line about the PSS 9s and 10s, so thats the difference... thanks...
Old 02-27-2016, 04:38 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

i am just now considering tuning my suspension elements as things are now 8 years old, though with only 35k kms, so it is still tight, but long, cold winter nights set in and the mod bug starts nibbling at my tiny brain and i think, hmmm, i could spend some money i don't need to on some stuff i don't need, but then i'd have a cool upgrade on my susp, and it would be fun, ahh, fun...so, i guess my Q is, am i going to spend 3 or 4 grand and still have basically the same ride as far as my amatuer(ish) butt tuner can tell? and i actually think i know the answer, just want to hear the sound of my own voice, kinda, and kinda thinking out loud ....
In my opinion, the stock PASM dampeners lack adequate rebound dampening. The feeling of the rear end floating up and down as you go through a set of spaced out but recurring undulations is where you can feel this the best. That immediately went away with the addition of semi-solid motor mounts and the Bilstein. The car is just noticeably better all the time - you don't need to be on a track or a pro driver to feel it, as I'm neither.

If you go with Bilsteins, install the fronts with a roller bearing thrust washer so that the coil spring doesn't rotate, bind, and make a pop noise as it unbinds. Some do this and others don't, but the thrust bearings is cheap insurance that it won't happen on yours. You can get them off of eBay and I can probably find the bearing # for the correct dimension one for the Bilsteins.

Quick Reply: Updated Pics of my 997 RUF R-Kompressor