Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zymol Carbon Wax

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 04:47 PM
patriot993
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Rjshar - I really like AMMO's products. Been using them now for a couple of months. Super easy to use. BUT...I will admit that I applied 'skin' to my 997 when the paint was a bit warm to the touch (it had been outside for a while, I put in garage and thought I had let it cool down but obviously not enough) and the skin left some "streaks". I was able to get out with AMMO 'Spit' and a microfiber - I think error on my part not fault of product but I did want to mention it.

Admittedly, all of my cars other than the 997 are lighter in color and so a bit easier to deal with
Old 07-01-2015, 05:04 PM
rjshar
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Zymol Carbon Wax

Originally Posted by patriot993
Rjshar - I really like AMMO's products. Been using them now for a couple of months. Super easy to use. BUT...I will admit that I applied 'skin' to my 997 when the paint was a bit warm to the touch (it had been outside for a while, I put in garage and thought I had let it cool down but obviously not enough) and the skin left some "streaks". I was able to get out with AMMO 'Spit' and a microfiber - I think error on my part not fault of product but I did want to mention it.

Admittedly, all of my cars other than the 997 are lighter in color and so a bit easier to deal with
Thanks for that response Patriot! Prior to my Zymol purchase I couldn't find very many independent reviews of ammo, so that's why I went with Zymol. I have a meteor grey car, so I shouldn't have too much trouble with it. Unfortunately, its hard to find a time when my paint is cool to touch down here in South Florida, but I'm working on perfecting my washing and waxing routine.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:23 PM
patriot993
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Hi rjshaar - PM me if you want some more details on the AMMO regimen. The paint and wheel products I really like; the interior care products I haven't found to be that great...not bad but I am not sure worth the money.

My M5 is probably a similar color to meteor grey and I don't recall ever having an issue with the AMMO products.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:30 PM
20mssb
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zymol Carbon

Zymol paste waxes are very good products and have been around for many years.

The best way to determine what wax works best for you is by testing various products on your own car and judging with your own eyes.

Here are the main criteria points to use when doing your comparisons:

Ease of wax application
Drying time
Ease of removal
Paint color depth improvement
Ability to fill and hide fine scratches and swirl marks
Gloss improvement
Wax coating continuity
Durability and duration of last
Symmetry and height of water beads

Some waxes are great in gloss improvement but may be hard to apply or not last long. Some have long durability but may not give the best gloss, etc, etc.

When you find a wax that is very easy to apply and buff off, that gives outstanding paint color depth improvement with extreme gloss, hides fine scratches, gives very symmetrical water beads and lasts a long time, then you can relax and go with this wax that meets these criteria.

Zymol Carbon is around on the web for about $49. There are paste waxes around selling for quite a bit more. Only side by side tests on your OWN car will satisfy you and answer your questions as to what is best for you and your vehicle.

JK....Pres. Malm Chemical Corp
Old 07-10-2015, 06:31 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I personally think any decent quality wax is good for a few months.
But Zymol is something we can't easily buy in NZ so I cant comment, but I do use Swissol.
Yes it's well over priced, I know that, but the smell alone makes it worth it for me.
Plus it's really easy to use.
Part of the fun of car ownership is the waxing, so if I do it every few months , I'm good with that.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:19 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

I have tried and purchased many different waxes over the years including Zymol, Zaino, Meguiars, Mothers, Eagle One etc etc.....and I have found Pinnacle Souveran to be the best when it comes to ease of application and appearance. Protection is good but there better products out there for protection including the nano coatings.

About the only product I haven't tried is Swisswax and from what I have heard most of the lower cost versions are similar to Souveran.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:07 AM
rjshar
Rennlist Member

Default Zymol Carbon Wax

Now I want to get a sealant as a base coat. For some reason, my rear bumper cover appears to have zero wax on it after one month. The rest of the car beads beautifully and washes very well, but the rear bumper cover has literally zero wax like properties on it. I'm really confused as to how this happened, but my hunch is that it has something to do with heat from the engine.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:51 AM
9114Scab
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Griot's products for my car. I have had pretty good luck with them. I like them.
Old 11-15-2015, 03:39 PM
rjshar
Rennlist Member

So I recently stumbled upon a fellow forum members website, www.obsessedgarage.com... All I have to say is after giving this guys recommendations a whirl, my washing line up has completely changed. I'm really really impressed with the results and can't wait to get into polishing and better paint prep.

Any way, for the below photos I did the following:

- Griots rubber cleaner on the tires, wheel wells, and body trim
- Adam's soap with Adam's wash pad, two bucket method to wash the paint
- dryed with Adam's great white towel(amazing) and Griots spray wax
- hit the wheels and trim with car pro pearl
- Wolfgang's deep gloss spritz sealant(free trial)
- topped with collinite 845

I'm super happy with the results. It's hard to convey via pictures, but here it goes:

Name:  IMG_20151114_153137-01.jpeg
Views: 849
Size:  2.97 MB

Name:  IMG_20151114_153139-01.jpeg
Views: 854
Size:  2.02 MB

Name:  IMG_20151115_135836-01.jpeg
Views: 921
Size:  1.56 MB
Old 11-18-2015, 01:05 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
awesomely ignorant statement. The baby blue zymol you get at walmart is made by turtle wax, the Carbon and other high end waxes are not.

perhaps some more research before you post?
True, but it's Zymol's own fault that this misinformation spreads around due to their willingness to dilute their brand. I understand that people like their high-end product, but when 99% of consumers don't know that there is a difference between the high-end stuff and what they can buy at Wal Mart, then it all gets painted with the same brush.

They should have at least made the licensed crap a different color and continued to market the blue stuff as their premier product.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:47 PM
Scott997
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I use and love the Zymol Concours wax. Gives a lot of depth to the shine.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:04 PM
140.6er
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

I recently started using the Dodo Juice line of waxes and really like the results. One minor issue I found, especially using the softer waxes--such as the Purple Haze--that the wax does not last more than a month or two. So I have had really good luck extending the life of the wax job by first applying Klasse Sealant then the Dodo Juice wax.

When doing a paint correction, I follow the following regiment:

1. Two bucket wash with Zymol Car wash
2. Air blow dry/microfiber towel dry
3. Clay
4. Meguiars 105 cutting polish for correction applied with my PC orbital and a Tangerine Lake Country Hydrotech pad.
5. Meguiars 205 fine polish applied with the PC and a crimson Lake Country Hydrotech pad.
6. Klasse Sealant hand applied with microfiber towel and buffed with microfiber towel.
7. Dodo Juice wax.
8. Al of the above done while imbibing numerous Founders' All Day IPAs.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:17 PM
rjshar
Rennlist Member

I really need to up my paint prep process. I'm have been thinking about investing in a rupes polisher, and going the menzerna polishes route.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:45 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by E36E46M
I recently started using the Dodo Juice line of waxes and really like the results. One minor issue I found, especially using the softer waxes--such as the Purple Haze--that the wax does not last more than a month or two. So I have had really good luck extending the life of the wax job by first applying Klasse Sealant then the Dodo Juice wax.

When doing a paint correction, I follow the following regiment:

1. Two bucket wash with Zymol Car wash
2. Air blow dry/microfiber towel dry
3. Clay
4. Meguiars 105 cutting polish for correction applied with my PC orbital and a Tangerine Lake Country Hydrotech pad.
5. Meguiars 205 fine polish applied with the PC and a crimson Lake Country Hydrotech pad.
6. Klasse Sealant hand applied with microfiber towel and buffed with microfiber towel.
7. Dodo Juice wax.
8. Al of the above done while imbibing numerous Founders' All Day IPAs.
Just possibly the best post in the thread. Really made me curious to learn more about this fascinating subject, which I would now like to share with others: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1199/58914/
Old 11-19-2015, 07:45 AM
140.6er
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes, the All Day IPA is an appropriate quaff for detailing as it packs a significant taste punch without knocking said detailer his/her azz. Now for post detailing pleasure, I quickly move to the beer of beers, The Alchemists' Heady Topper. Heady makes the detail just pop. Once the whip is retired To the garage and tucked away for the night, it is on to Founders' vaunted KBS. At that point things get a bit fuzzy and I usually only recall waking up the next morning.

Quick Reply: Zymol Carbon Wax