Sponsored by:

Zymol Carbon Wax

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 11:48 PM
patriot993
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by E36E46M
Yes, the All Day IPA is an appropriate quaff for detailing as it packs a significant taste punch without knocking said detailer his/her azz. Now for post detailing pleasure, I quickly move to the beer of beers, The Alchemists' Heady Topper. Heady makes the detail just pop. Once the whip is retired To the garage and tucked away for the night, it is on to Founders' vaunted KBS. At that point things get a bit fuzzy and I usually only recall waking up the next morning.
+1 for Founders!
Old 11-20-2015, 02:46 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by E36E46M
Yes, the All Day IPA is an appropriate quaff for detailing as it packs a significant taste punch without knocking said detailer his/her azz. Now for post detailing pleasure, I quickly move to the beer of beers, The Alchemists' Heady Topper. Heady makes the detail just pop. Once the whip is retired To the garage and tucked away for the night, it is on to Founders' vaunted KBS. At that point things get a bit fuzzy and I usually only recall waking up the next morning.
I've heard of beer goggles. But this is the first I've heard of them making a car look better!
Old 11-20-2015, 10:21 AM
PHX 911
Official Rennlist Snake Slayer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Amazing how many folks don't know the difference between a sealant and a wax.
And polish, which is neither.
You can apply a good carnuba wax over a sealant like Zaino or Rejex, and get an extremely durable finish that looks amazing.
If you live in a very hot climate, it's best to just use a synthetic sealant, as basic wax has a very low flash point and won't last.

Also, when beginning with a car, or for the annual strip, use blue Dawn detergent, not your regular car shampoo. Use Dawn after you clay, too, before going to polish, or if the paint doesn't need work, your first coat of sealant.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:44 AM
140.6er
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes, yes, when I do a clay, polish, sealant and wax, I always do a Dawn wash to start. It is the best wax stripper out there. Another thing is never to wash/detail in the sun and make sure whip's surface is cool when applying products.

Quick Reply: Zymol Carbon Wax