FS: Carrera GTS

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 03:16 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts
Default FS: Carrera GTS

PRICE REDUCED to $69,500!!!!

My 2012 Carrera GTS is 100% back to stock. I will be posting many more photo's this weekend and also listing it in Auto Trader.

The car just went through a PPI and everything is fine however the dealer saw some slight transmission fluid weeping at the top of the PDK unit near a vent so since the car is under warranty they talked Porsche into replacing it under warranty....very cool...brand new PDK.

I also installed new brakes up front...oil change and fresh brake fluid. Car is under warranty till September and Porsche will CPO it too. Car is turn key no excuses, no scratches or dings. Full clear bra front bumper/hood/fenders can't even tell it;s clear bra'd. Windows have slight tint. Car runs strong burn zero oil.

Car is extremely clean inside and out and under carriage. I have the DME report from the PPI which since it's a PDK has no over rev's.

Here is a link to the For Sale post:https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...and-mod-s.html

Last edited by mdrums; 06-24-2015 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:48 PM
mdrums
Race Director

More pics
Attached Images          
Old 06-15-2015, 02:00 PM
MarcoRemius
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Purdy.... GLWS!
Old 06-15-2015, 10:44 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

In a word....SWEEEEEET!

That is one clean monster. Good luck with the sale.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 06-20-2015, 02:32 AM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Wow! That is one beautiful machine.

GLWS
Old 06-20-2015, 05:08 PM
Maxhouse97
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 26 Posts

Mike - what is your next car?
Old 06-21-2015, 02:21 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,016 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
More pics
With all the GTS talk around here lately I can't believe yours is still for sale. Looks like a new car and it seems to be priced right. Here's a thought FWIW. A lot of threads here are comfort related. I had no idea comfort was such a high priority to Porsche buyers but it clearly is. So maybe the GT2 bucket seats scare some buyers away. Source some variant of the regular seats and then sell the buckets separately. I don't need to tell you they'll be gone in no time and you should be about $5K ahead for your troubles.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:23 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by sandwedge
With all the GTS talk around here lately I can't believe yours is still for sale. Looks like a new car and it seems to be priced right. Here's a thought FWIW. A lot of threads here are comfort related. I had no idea comfort was such a high priority to Porsche buyers but it clearly is. So maybe the GT2 bucket seats scare some buyers away. Source some variant of the regular seats and then sell the buckets separately. I don't need to tell you they'll be gone in no time and you should be about $5K ahead for your troubles.
I have had quite a few pm me about swapping out my GT2 Bucket seats for Sport or other seats plus cash. Yes these are very sought after seats and why I ordered them with the car.

I have a potential buyer that came up from Ft. Myers and checked out the car. He loved the seats. Gave me a check to hold the car....probably its sold....

I could use the extra cash (around $5k and I get other so called comfort seats) these seats could bring me but the car options and window sticker are coded with these seats so I left them in...very tempting to sell them off though. However these seats are comfortable
Old 06-22-2015, 05:12 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 665 Likes on 357 Posts

Good news! I hope the sale goes on through for you. It's an unusual gem from what I see.

I had someone in Austin I tried to talk into it for you but unfortunately it was too far beyond their comfort zone price wise, they needed to look for one a bit older and with a more basic configuration. Well worth the money in my opinion though... for those that have it. I know there are many others of us cheering you on as well.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:50 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 561 Likes on 333 Posts

best of luck with the sale. your car is BEAUTIFUL.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:28 PM
Alexandrius
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I had the money i'd buy it. Hell I couldn't even afford to buy his parts ! lol
Old 06-22-2015, 07:35 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

OP, GLWS. I saw the original post about why you're selling, etc. Hope things are looking up. Your GTS is very nice. I went from 997.2 C2S to GTS, and they really are more than the sum of their parts. They definitely feel more special. And I love your Aerokit and buckets. ;-)

Originally Posted by StormRune
Good news! I hope the sale goes on through for you. It's an unusual gem from what I see.

I had someone in Austin I tried to talk into it for you but unfortunately it was too far beyond their comfort zone price wise, they needed to look for one a bit older and with a more basic configuration. Well worth the money in my opinion though... for those that have it. I know there are many others of us cheering you on as well.
I happen to have a mint 2009 C2S, in GT Silver, with all the right options, that I'm selling. Never thought I'd sell it, but I replaced it with a GTS (the only car I would've replaced my coveted C2S with). PM me here if your friend might be interested. Thanks.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:37 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Well now the sale might now happen...so until I get money being transferred the car is for sale.

Anyone interested...shoot me a price...ya never know!
Old 06-22-2015, 11:01 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,016 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
I have had quite a few pm me about swapping out my GT2 Bucket seats for Sport or other seats plus cash. Yes these are very sought after seats and why I ordered them with the car.

I have a potential buyer that came up from Ft. Myers and checked out the car. He loved the seats. Gave me a check to hold the car....probably its sold....

I could use the extra cash (around $5k and I get other so called comfort seats) these seats could bring me but the car options and window sticker are coded with these seats so I left them in...very tempting to sell them off though. However these seats are comfortable
Absolutely. A little different getting in and out of but very comfortable once seated. They do have an undeserved bad reputation though since those who can't appreciate them for whatever reason don't exactly hold back on the negatives when they write about their experience. On my second car now with the buckets and won't have it any other way.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:15 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Absolutely. A little different getting in and out of but very comfortable once seated. They do have an undeserved bad reputation though since those who can't appreciate them for whatever reason don't exactly hold back on the negatives when they write about their experience. On my second car now with the buckets and won't have it any other way.
Yep...I get it if someone does;t want them and they want the all electric seats...no knock on them...I just wanted a lighter weight car...more sporty as I could order it.

FYI...you want some OZ track wheels with new NT01 tires...autocross or track...cheap low cost price...I'll bring them over to you! ;-)

Quick Reply: FS: Carrera GTS