mk3boy
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

very nice!
Old 05-05-2015, 11:04 PM
SJP3003
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Even Nicer than the first pics... just noticed the X51 Powerkit.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:39 PM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by ftlaud911
Picked it up today. Already went to dealer and got a filter and new drain plug. Did the first oil change after 5 miles and wrote the miles in the log book. Bottom of the engine was clean as a whistle. Also did used some quick detailer and got her dried off. Absolutely amazing to drive. I couldn't get on it since it's been raining all day. To my surprise - the car has AWE Tuning headers. I know it has the X51 airbox and who knows what else. I would assume if it has headers and airbox it most likely has a chip/tune. I am happy since I would have never spent the money to mod it. The real question is whether it came with the whole X51 package. Is there a way to tell? I plan on running the options list off Suncoast. Will it show up if it does?

Wheels - 19's Avant Garde Ruger Split - whoever ordered them got the offset perfect so there is no rubbing and flush with fenders. Definitely adds a more aggressive look while not being flashy. Color is Dolphin Grey

Got a few very minor things to fix, No used car is perfect. I am absolutely blessed to own such a fine piece of engineering. It really is like a piece of rolling art. I get it now...
Beautiful color combination with those wheels. I know it's not a Porsche but it made me remember one of my favorite BMW's from my past

Old 05-05-2015, 11:59 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 582 Likes on 349 Posts

nice concavity, what kind of wheels are those?

EDIT - lol saw the pic and replied without reading the post. n/m!

Picked it up today. Already went to dealer and got a filter and new drain plug. Did the first oil change after 5 miles and wrote the miles in the log book. Bottom of the engine was clean as a whistle. Also did used some quick detailer and got her dried off. Absolutely amazing to drive. I couldn't get on it since it's been raining all day. To my surprise - the car has AWE Tuning headers. I know it has the X51 airbox and who knows what else. I would assume if it has headers and airbox it most likely has a chip/tune. I am happy since I would have never spent the money to mod it. The real question is whether it came with the whole X51 package. Is there a way to tell? I plan on running the options list off Suncoast. Will it show up if it does?

Wheels - 19's Avant Garde Ruger Split - whoever ordered them got the offset perfect so there is no rubbing and flush with fenders. Definitely adds a more aggressive look while not being flashy. Color is Dolphin Grey

Got a few very minor things to fix, No used car is perfect. I am absolutely blessed to own such a fine piece of engineering. It really is like a piece of rolling art. I get it now...
Old 05-06-2015, 02:12 AM
ftlaud911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies. I have gone back to the garage 4-5 times so far just to look at the car. Going to have to oil the hinges on the door pretty soon. I know it will wear off, but have to keep pinching myself. It's the first day and my first Porsche. I know it's nothing compared to the cars I see in your signatures. All in due time. I wish I could have done this sooner, but timing is everything. That and financial freedom although one has to be a true enthusiast to justify the cost of these pieces of art. I can tell you whoever ordered this car had a fun time checking boxes. I would like to thank whoever you are out there for giving yourself such a nice gift for all your hard work. I can only image what they are driving today. I am frugal when it comes to finances, but one has to enjoy something or why do we work so hard. Here are two more pictures. The rear wheel is definitely more concave in person. I have more, but don't want to bore you. Plus I need to take out the camera since these have all be cell phone pictures.

Last edited by ftlaud911; 09-08-2015 at 12:11 AM.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:28 PM
Perk10
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Take good care of her... I did. PM me for my phone number, I'll be happy to walk you through the car. I was hoping someone would post it on Rennlist.

I'm literally sad looking at her now.

As far as what I drive now since you mentioned it....I had to get something more practical with 4 doors so I went with a brand new GTI. She already has custom wheels & tires and an APR tune and intake that puts her up to 326hp and 390tq so it's not like I went to a mini van

As far as the Porsche goes, I'm a little pissed to hear they took off the AWE cats and mufflers but that was likely because of the check engine light...

The car does NOT have the X51 package but DOES have the 3rd front radiator, IPD plenum and some other goodies. I have a sheet with every single modification on the car that I will be more than happy to email you. You seem like a REALLY great and humble guy and I can tell you appreciate the car already as much as I did....I literally put ALL the money into making this the perfect car and had my personal friend and Porsche Master Tech do all the work in my own garage. I literally planned on keeping this car for 10+ years but when you find yourself with a young family you have to get your priorities in order I suppose. Wow I'm sad right now.

-John

Last edited by Perk10; 05-06-2015 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:42 PM
Caughtacab911
Instructor

Originally Posted by Perk10
Take good care of her... I did. PM me for my phone number, I'll be happy to walk you through the car. I was hoping someone would post it on Rennlist.

I'm literally sad looking at her now.

As far as what I drive now since you mentioned it....I had to get something more practical with 4 doors so I went with a brand new GTI. She already has custom wheels & tires and an APR tune and intake that puts her up to 326hp and 390tq so it's not like I went to a mini van

As far as the Porsche, I'm a little pissed to hear they took off the AWE cats and mufflers but that was likely because of the check engine light...

The car does NOT have the X51 package but DOES have the 3rd front radiator, IPD plenum and some other goodies. I have a sheet with every single modification on the car that I will be more than happy to email you. You seem like a REALLY great and humble guy and I can tell you appreciate the car already as much as I did....I literally put ALL the money into making this the perfect car and had my personal friend and Porsche Master Tech do all the work in my own garage. I literally planned on keeping this car for 10+ years but when you find yourself with a young family you have to get your priorities in order I suppose. Wow I'm sad right now.

-John
Nice coincidence that you "found" each other here. The car looks fantastic and reflects the time and money you put into it. Sorry (for you) that it had to go but we all understand priorities.

I sometimes wish I knew who owned my car before he sold it to a dealer in CT outright last month. Then I could ask why he let things like the memory seats, door locks, keys and other things stop working without fixing them. And the tie rods - why did those need replacing at 40K miles? Anyway, all is repaired now and the car runs beautifully.

A car's history is very useful - and yours reflects attention to performance and care. Best of luck with both your rides!
Old 05-06-2015, 04:59 PM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Received 290 Likes on 112 Posts

Very nice! Congrats. And it's good to see that it was owned by another rennlister that took care of her!

PS. i used to own an E46 M3 myself. Fun car, very nice choice for a daily!
Old 05-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Nova997
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks for the replies. I have gone back to the garage 4-5 times so far just to look at the car. Going to have to oil the hinges on the door pretty soon. I know it will wear off, but have to keep pinching myself. It's the first day and my first Porsche. I know it's nothing compared to the cars I see in your signatures. All in due time. I wish I could have done this sooner, but timing is everything. That and financial freedom although one has to be a true enthusiast to justify the cost of these pieces of art. I can tell you whoever ordered this car had a fun time checking boxes. I would like to thank whoever you are out there for giving yourself such a nice gift for all your hard work. I can only image what they are driving today. I am frugal when it comes to finances, but one has to enjoy something or why do we work so hard. Here are two more pictures. The rear wheel is definitely more concave in person. I have more, but don't want to bore you. Plus I need to take out the camera since these have all be cell phone pictures.
IMO - It IS just as good as any of the other posters' cars because it's yours. Two weeks ago I went to the Central PA PCA Porsche Swap Meet in Hershey, Pa and saw over 700 Porsches in all models, colors & model years. I was amazed at the variety of the cars that captured the interest of their owners. The first thing I said to my wife when I got home was that even though a great number of those cars were well beyond my financial means, I was totally satisfied with my car (2005 997 C2 coupe MT6 Guards Red / Black). I think your car looks terrific and if you're happy with it, that's all that matters.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Perk10
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Caughtacab911
Nice coincidence that you "found" each other here. The car looks fantastic and reflects the time and money you put into it. Sorry (for you) that it had to go but we all understand priorities.

I sometimes wish I knew who owned my car before he sold it to a dealer in CT outright last month. Then I could ask why he let things like the memory seats, door locks, keys and other things stop working without fixing them. And the tie rods - why did those need replacing at 40K miles? Anyway, all is repaired now and the car runs beautifully.

A car's history is very useful - and yours reflects attention to performance and care. Best of luck with both your rides!
I owned an E46 M3 that I had SO MANY questions about but could never find the previous owner so I made it a point to search for any "New to me" posts on RL and other forums because this is one of those cars that has many questions that need answering. Glad I can help... I'm sure it wont be long before the new owner sees this post.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:31 PM
rjshar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nova997
IMO - It IS just as good as any of the other posters' cars because it's yours. Two weeks ago I went to the Central PA PCA Porsche Swap Meet in Hershey, Pa and saw over 700 Porsches in all models, colors & model years. I was amazed at the variety of the cars that captured the interest of their owners. The first thing I said to my wife when I got home was that even though a great number of those cars were well beyond my financial means, I was totally satisfied with my car (2005 997 C2 coupe MT6 Guards Red / Black). I think your car looks terrific and if you're happy with it, that's all that matters.
I completely agree with this sentiment. I see a ridiculous amount of exotic cars every day in downtown Miami and certainly appreciate them for what they are, but I love my car because it's my car and I haven't really found my self wishing I had anyone else's car. I certainly hope to be able to expand my collection in the future, but am loving every moment of where I'm at right now.

A good friend of mine with a collection of cars to lust after is always telling me that this won't be my last Porsche, but don't be in hurry to get the next one, it will come.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:25 PM
PelicanParts.com
Former Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Congratulations! If you ever need any DIY help please take a look at our Tech Articles and feel free to ask us any questions you may have.

-Luccia
Old 05-06-2015, 09:34 PM
dreamof911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perk10, I considered that car. If I had known it was owned by a rennlister. I would made an effort to buy it.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:08 PM
ejs1
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great story. Nice to see that you two were able to connect here..
Old 05-06-2015, 11:29 PM
secondshot
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Such a cool story.

Quick Reply: New to me - 997.1 S