Sponsored by:

Who tries to race you?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 10:15 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,208 Likes on 775 Posts
Default Who tries to race you?

It's been a very long long time since I've played the street racing game. But I do witness a lot of idiocy.

I was in the right lane (also the fast lane around here) tonight but there were several cars entering. I found space to my left, signaled, and moved out of the way of the merging cars. The last car getting on was a new Vette. I had 10 car lengths on him and the next car in the right lane was 10 car lengths up. The next exit was mine so I flicked on my blinker and held my lane making sure the Vette saw my intention. After 6 blinks I started a gradual lane shift. So the Vette downshifts fast enough to be near redline and aims straight at me. I snapped the car to the left just fast enough that he didn't peel the paint off of my passenger's door. I figure the guy didn't realize how quick his new ride was and scared himself as much as he irritated me.

What can I say. Idiots can buy any brand car they want. You don't need a qualifying driver's license or training courses.

End of rant. Just needed to vent a bit before I walk the pups.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:10 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaye Bass
... I really like it when a 335i wants to have a go...though it sucks to go against one that has been tuned. Stock to stock 335i's are tasty snacks.

Oh and Subies, lots of Subies...new age ricers.
lol

i dont take road bait since my car is too slow, but if there's anything i love to watch on the road, it's to witness a 335 get spanked gives me great pleasure
Old 06-25-2015, 05:11 PM
ralt12
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everybody, it's ridiculous. Had an 13, little electric BMW, try yesterday.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:19 PM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by ralt12
Everybody, it's ridiculous. Had an 13, little electric BMW, try yesterday.
I posted about it a few pages back, but I had a guy in a Lexus CT200 try a while back. Same feeling of ridiculousness.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:11 PM
Ezkill
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Saaboteur
I posted about it a few pages back, but I had a guy in a Lexus CT200 try a while back. Same feeling of ridiculousness.
Edmonton, my old home town. Half the 780 Tuners community probably tried to race my cars over the years I lived there. Mostly a good group but some of them have an odd idea of what fast actually means. A few of them do have insanely quick cars, 900+ Horsepower Supras.

Not sure what your situation is but if you're interested in some really cool car guys check out the Cars & Coffee put on by Auto Obsessed each week. Lots of regulars with some really cool cars - Porsches, Lambo's, Ferrari's, Ford GT's and sometimes you'll get something really rare like a Maserati MC12. If you want some details or an introduction to owner of Auto Obsessed feel free to PM me.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:16 PM
SamDaMan
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Who tries to race you?

I was coming home from work this evening on a crowded and traffic-signal filled road (limit 45mph). I come up behind another 997 and he went nuts. Downshifted and zoomed across three lanes, cut into a turning lane then cut right back, and kept this up for about 4 miles, weaving in and out of traffic. As usual, there is really nowhere to go in rush hour, so I finally came up behind him once again. Black 997 with VA plates DARK KNT. Batman proves that not all the idiots are driving "other" cars...they're us as well.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:31 AM
Ezkill
Racer

Originally Posted by SamDaMan
DARK KNT.
I know what that's supposed to say - Dark Knight. I wonder if it dawned on him that just reading KNT it sounds like something completely different, the one word my wife gets pissed off at me for saying. Given his behavior it probably hasn't dawned on him.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:37 AM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Ezkill
I know what that's supposed to say - Dark Knight. I wonder if it dawned on him that just reading KNT it sounds like something completely different, the one word my wife gets pissed off at me for saying. Given his behavior it probably hasn't dawned on him.
LOLz.

Kinda reminds me of my 'favourite' hockey player, Chris Kunitz. On another note, I'll PM you re: Auto Obsessed.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:27 AM
Szymon Kowalczyk
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a crew of mexican guys today try to race me in a 1995 c2500 pick up truck with a trailer full of lawn mowers..........
Old 06-26-2015, 10:35 AM
KNS
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SamDaMan
I was coming home from work this evening on a crowded and traffic-signal filled road (limit 45mph). I come up behind another 997 and he went nuts. Downshifted and zoomed across three lanes, cut into a turning lane then cut right back, and kept this up for about 4 miles, weaving in and out of traffic. As usual, there is really nowhere to go in rush hour, so I finally came up behind him once again. Black 997 with VA plates DARK KNT. Batman proves that not all the idiots are driving "other" cars...they're us as well.
Funny - first thing that popped into my head was DARK C*NT.

As far as others wanting to race... practically never.
Old 06-27-2015, 03:41 AM
P911CS
Instructor

Originally Posted by Szymon Kowalczyk
I had a crew of mexican guys today try to race me in a 1995 c2500 pick up truck with a trailer full of lawn mowers..........
No ****?!?!? Same thing happened to me... but upon further reflection, I realized it was Puerto Ricans, wait..... could have been Central/South Americans, NO, NO, NO!!! Had to been those damn Mexicans.. but damn!!! It was an LFA!!! So it had to be that ****en Asians crew!!!!!

Mother****ers...... lets raise the confederate and Antigay Flag
waaaaaait a minute.... hold back on that Antigay flag.... but lets keep that confederate flag up and HIGH!!!!
Old 06-29-2015, 01:39 AM
95Rover
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

C5 Corvette. Baseball cap on backwards with girlfriend in car with him acting impressed as he flies up to me to tail grab me, fly by and then turns into Autozone. I had driven 3 hours at that point with windows down forgetting about life, and admiring rural Wisconsin. If I didn't have to come back that night I would have kept going. I lost all perception of time. Got to love summer days.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:37 PM
Austin997.2
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by P911CS
No ****?!?!? Same thing happened to me... but upon further reflection, I realized it was Puerto Ricans, wait..... could have been Central/South Americans, NO, NO, NO!!! Had to been those damn Mexicans.. but damn!!! It was an LFA!!! So it had to be that ****en Asians crew!!!!!

waaaaaait a minute.... hold back on that Antigay flag.... but lets keep that confederate flag up and HIGH!!!!
Bla bla bla this is a car forum. If I wanted to hear this **** I would watch MSNBC.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:26 PM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Received 492 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by P911CS

ROFL
Old 07-03-2015, 01:21 AM
FLTPLAN
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've found over the years and different cars that Corvettes are most often wanting to race. My latest car, 06' 997S Cab doesn't attract much attention at all. It appears to be a cruiser I guess, kinda nice.

Quick Reply: Who tries to race you?