Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner Intro

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015 | 11:19 AM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Cbst09
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting your dream car and more importantly congratulations on winning your battle with cancer!
+100 Congratulations and welcome Keep us updated with modifications along the way. Enjoy
Old 02-12-2015 | 01:07 PM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

Congrats! Great car and story.
Old 02-12-2015 | 01:16 PM
jmt053
Advanced

Welcome! Great choice of model and color...
Old 02-12-2015 | 01:52 PM
mblueracer
Advanced

She's beautiful. My first is also 2009 C4S black on black from Miami. Don't be afraid of winter, C4S are ideal for North of Europe winter roads and I can tell mine does fine in New England (providing you put the right wheels).
Changes I've made: Euro clear side markers, Euro amber rear turn signal LEDs, Sport Design steering wheel, Sharkwerks x-pipe (OEM muffler bypass), extra set of wheels for winter 18", all small bulbs replaced with LEDs including plate lightning.

Old 02-12-2015 | 02:20 PM
MMK110464
Instructor

Beautiful car!
Enjoy it in good health.
Old 02-12-2015 | 02:22 PM
shyamvenky
Burning Brakes

My dad is a cancer survivor. I have seen what it takes to go through it all and come out stronger. Congratulations on the car as well!
Old 02-12-2015 | 02:49 PM
CAA
Burning Brakes

Beautiful car and great story! Welcome to the forum. : )
Old 02-12-2015 | 03:20 PM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Great story. Excellent choice, PDK is fantastic.

Welcome to the 997 Club!
Old 02-12-2015 | 10:40 PM
Q 997.2 C4S
Racer

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Ibanezgod: I also love the muscular look of the wider rear on the 4S & Turbo.

golfnutintib: Thanks for the driving tips. I'm not much experienced in racing, but I did take the 3 day racing course at Mid Ohio 10 years ago, where they taught me how to drive my G35 on the race course and I got to try out their autocross course. Plus we learned skid control in the skid car. Also I've autocrossed my husband's Audi TT-S once 2 years ago. It will definitely take practice to get used to slowing into the corners enough so I won't fall victim the the mid corner LIFT! I'm sure I'll probably spin out at least a few times when I start autocrossing this year, but like you said, better there than on the public roads!

n1gels: My husband is definitely a keeper. I'm a lucky gal! We'll definitely have to take some short road trips this year. There are some good twistys nearby, fortunately! Looking forward to warm weather drives, for sure.

jmt053: I like your choice of model & color too.

mblueracer: It's great to hear from someone in Boston (after all the snow you've gotten recently!) that these cars do well in the snow with proper winter tires. Which tires do you have? I plan to buy either snow tires or all seasons for next winter. It doesn't snow as much here in St. Louis, so I might be able to get away with just all-seasons. I like the sport steering wheel you have with the paddle shifters. That's the one thing I don't have that I wish was available from the factory on the '09 models. Was it expensive/difficult swapping that out? I'm also considering the Sharkwerks x-pipe (OEM muffler bypass) for a future mod. Are you happy with it?

shyamvenky: Congrats to your Dad for also beating cancer!

ElectricChair: Originally, I was thinking I should get a manual tranny, but since PDK is faster shifting and more efficient than the manual, AND Sport Chrono launch control was an option, I had to go PDK.

Well, I look forward to chatting with you all about our cool cars!
Old 02-12-2015 | 11:02 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Fantastic! Welcome!
Old 02-12-2015 | 11:46 PM
Coincident
Rennlist Member

Love your story and seeing a female so excited and into performance cars is truly a thrill.

Do not get all season ( meaning no season) tires. They are a huge compromise in dry, warm weather and do not compare to winter tires not only in the snow but when the temperature drops below 45degrees. To realize the full driving potential of your car, you need ultra high summer performance tires in spring / summer and winter tires in late fall/ winter.

May you have many years of joy with your wonderful car.
Old 02-13-2015 | 09:02 AM
Q 997.2 C4S
Racer

Originally Posted by Coincident
Love your story and seeing a female so excited and into performance cars is truly a thrill. Do not get all season ( meaning no season) tires. They are a huge compromise in dry, warm weather and do not compare to winter tires not only in the snow but when the temperature drops below 45degrees. To realize the full driving potential of your car, you need ultra high summer performance tires in spring / summer and winter tires in late fall/ winter. May you have many years of joy with your wonderful car.
I guess I'm probably a rare breed.

I'm sorry, I actually meant I was thinking of getting all seasons on a separate set of wheels just for winter. If definitely want high performance tires for summer!
Old 02-13-2015 | 09:34 AM
cvtbenhogan
Rennlist Member

Congrats on winning your battle against breast cancer. My sister is a survivor and it was tough on everyone.

I could say many things about your entire post. I'll say just this. Best post I can remember on this forum. Congrats again.
Old 02-13-2015 | 10:17 AM
Coincident
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Q 997.2 C4S
I guess I'm probably a rare breed.

I'm sorry, I actually meant I was thinking of getting all seasons on a separate set of wheels just for winter. If definitely want high performance tires for summer!
Even on the separate set of wheels for winter, you should not use all season tires since below 45 degrees F the rubber hardens and traction is severely compromised. Winter tires have a rubber compound that is designed for cold temperatures and will consequently provide superior grip and traction when the temperature drops.
Old 02-13-2015 | 10:45 AM
Swoody
Racer

Congrats on the car and congrats on kicking cancers ***. My wife was diagnosed with the same stage cancer (1 year earlier than you) and went through bi-lateral mastectomy and all the not so fun stuff afterwards. SO I know what you went through to get to this point. Enjoy in GOOD HEALTH!!!!

Quick Reply: New Owner Intro