Sponsored by:

Sport Chrono & Sport Exhaust Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 04:41 PM
danihasbini
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport Chrono & Sport Exhaust Questions

I just bought a 2007 C4S. I should get delivery of it 1st week of 2015 as I asked the owner to fix a few minor issues.
I live in Calgary, and the all wheel drive is essential here.

The car i bought is honest and has 87K km on the clock. Originally a US car, imported to Canada in 2009.

It is equipped with the Sport Chrono Plus Package (option #640)

My questions are:
1- what is the difference between Sport Chrono (option 639) & Sport Chrono Plus?
2- I was confused by the owners manual regarding the sport exhaust. Do C4S with the sport chrono plus package come equipped with the sport exhaust? or is it always a stand alone option?

Thank you for your help.

Cheers
Old 12-30-2014, 06:40 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

In this earlier thread, post #3 has an excerpt from the brochure talking about Sport Chrono Package Plus in the .1 cars: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...package.html#3.

I'm pretty certain that PSE is an option on all models other than the GTS.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:46 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

On the 2007 997.1 both of these items are options:

Option 640 - Sport Chrono Package Plus

Package includes analog and digital chronometer, sport button in the center console and display in the PCM. Also adds ability to adjust lighting, wipers, AC and door locking to suit personal preference.

Option XLF - Sport Exhaust System

Two stage exhaust. Includes interior switch between normal exhaust and sport exhaust.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:52 PM
danihasbini
5th Gear

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
On the 2007 997.1 both of these items are options:

Option 640 - Sport Chrono Package Plus

Package includes analog and digital chronometer, sport button in the center console and display in the PCM. Also adds ability to adjust lighting, wipers, AC and door locking to suit personal preference.

Option XLF - Sport Exhaust System

Two stage exhaust. Includes interior switch between normal exhaust and sport exhaust.
thank you.
would you know if the sport exhaust was part of the sports chrono plus package?
or was it always ordered separately?
Old 12-30-2014, 07:20 PM
rickdogg82
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My experience when I was looking was that there were cars with the Sport button only and other with both the Sport and Exhaust buttons. I am pretty sure they are separate options.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:32 PM
danihasbini
5th Gear

Originally Posted by rickdogg82
My experience when I was looking was that there were cars with the Sport button only and other with both the Sport and Exhaust buttons. I am pretty sure they are separate options.
this is exactly why i am confused. In the user manual, the illustrations (pages 77-78) have either a "sport exhaust icon" button (3rd button from the left) or replaced by a "SPORT" button in case the car is equipped with sports chrono plus.
As all C4S had the PASM and PSM as standard, and no option for a 4th button to control a sport exhaust separately, this leads to a conclusion that all "s" models had the sport exhaust as standard!!!
Old 12-30-2014, 08:11 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by danihasbini
this is exactly why i am confused. In the user manual, the illustrations (pages 77-78) have either a "sport exhaust icon" button (3rd button from the left) or replaced by a "SPORT" button in case the car is equipped with sports chrono plus.
As all C4S had the PASM and PSM as standard, and no option for a 4th button to control a sport exhaust separately, this leads to a conclusion that all "s" models had the sport exhaust as standard!!!
Sounds like your question is whether or not you have the sport exhaust - easiest way to tell is look at the tailpipes - dual round tips with one smaller than the other is the visual indicator. Sport exhaust was an option and not part of the S standard equipment...although most well-optioned cars had that option selected.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:12 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

They are separate options. Also look at the tail pipes. With sport exhaust the diameters of the tail pipes are different, smaller id pipe on the inside.
If tail pipes are equal diameter, no sport exhaust.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:15 PM
danihasbini
5th Gear

million thanks guys.
very helpful and answers my question.
Now i just have to wait for the car to be delivered to take another look if it has the Sport Exhaust
Old 12-30-2014, 08:17 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

the sport exhaust button has a pic if tailpipes on it
Old 12-31-2014, 09:06 AM
WindyCityC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If you have a 997.1 with Sport Chrono and Sport exhaust. You will have only 1 button labelled Sport. It will engage the sport mode (Firm PASM, different PSM and throttle response change---I believe there are PDK changes too, but I have a manual) and activate the exhaust at the same time. You cannot activate Sport mode and exhaust separately.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:58 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by WindyCityC2S
If you have a 997.1 with Sport Chrono and Sport exhaust. You will have only 1 button labelled Sport. It will engage the sport mode (Firm PASM, different PSM and throttle response change---I believe there are PDK changes too, but I have a manual) and activate the exhaust at the same time. You cannot activate Sport mode and exhaust separately.
Yeah, Porsche f***ed up on that one. Thankfully they corrected that mistake on the 997.2. In my case it wouldn't have made any difference because I don't have Sport Chrono, which doesn't bother me in the least because I have a manual transmission.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:57 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WindyCityC2S
I'm trying to remember my 2006 C4S (with Sport Chrono and PSE) - seems to me that when I pushed the Sport button I got firm PASM and PSE on and then I could push the PASM button to go back to normal PASM but keep PSE on - did I remember that correctly?
Old 12-31-2014, 02:17 PM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 134 Posts

I've got 2 buttons relevant to this thread on my PCM: "Sport" and an icon that looks like a shock absorber.

The "Sport" button activates the remapped throttle response (included with the Sport Chrono option) and PSE. It also "virtually" presses the shock absorber button, thus activating the firmer setting of the PASM.

The shock absorber button activates/deactivates the firmer setting of the PASM.

I often press the sport button for the remapped throttle and then "unpress" the shock absorber button to put the suspension back into comfort mode. Works great. I DO wish, however, that the PSE has a separate button, like it does on the 997.2s. I'm not a big fan of the poser exhaust. I'd just as soon leave it off and not **** off my neighbors.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:28 PM
WindyCityC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
I'm trying to remember my 2006 C4S (with Sport Chrono and PSE) - seems to me that when I pushed the Sport button I got firm PASM and PSE on and then I could push the PASM button to go back to normal PASM but keep PSE on - did I remember that correctly?
Yes, you remember correctly...PASM can be turned off after Sport engaged. But no way to turn off the throttle remap and keep exhaust.

Quick Reply: Sport Chrono & Sport Exhaust Questions