Sponsored by:

After Market Warranties

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 03:23 PM
TOPGUN8
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After Market Warranties

I recently purchased a 2010 Carrera 4S Coupe with two months of factory warranty left and 15,000 miles from the original owner. I have been looking for an aftermarket warranty and so far have found many horror stories. I would like to hear from Porsche owners who have/are experiencing good results from their after market warranty and who those companies may be. Costco no longer offers warranties on Porsche. The local Porsche/Audi dealer offers Fidelity Warranty Services, however, in checking the Web for reviews, they have received some very bad press. I would appreciate hearing some success stories as I want to get coverage soon. A CPO warranty is out of the question as I bought it from the original private owner. Thanks.

George G.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:29 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-warranty.html
Old 11-07-2014, 03:30 PM
JayRace
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On a 2010 I wouldn't spend the money for an extended warranty. People are having very few big ticket repairs on the 997.2. You'll see a few that had PDK replacements but even those are rare.
I just don't see how you could justify the expense.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:20 PM
millertimefl
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

2nd that!
My 2010 C4S is at 97000 miles!! Lots of Hwy but several hundred at Sebring beating the crap at out it as well! No issues worth mentioning.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:44 PM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Most of the problems with fidelity have been related to relationships between the SA from the Dealership and the Fidelity inspector. If you have your car serviced at your dealership and they have a good, well established relationship with Fidelity then I would follow the dealerships recommendation.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:08 PM
TOPGUN8
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input on Fidelity Platinum Warranty. I've checked further and the responses seem to be mostly positive. One comment I felt very important and that was the relationship between the dealership service manager/advisor and the Fidelity rep. I'm going to speak with the local Porsche/Audi Service Manager and see what he has to say because he has to do the legwork on all claims whomever the extended warranty is with.
One other item I've come across is the wide variation in the quotes for the Fidelity Platinum Warranty. They're all over the place because it is a profit center through the Finance Manager. They're entitled to a profit but way off base in some cases.
Thanks again for your input.

George G.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:53 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

George, I visited the P dealer in Detriot and they do have an option for an aftermarket warranty.

I did not persue it myself, but you might want to.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:02 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I kinda understand if you have a 997.1 with the IMS scare but since you don't have an IMS to worry about, not sure why you would want an extended warranty. I have a 997.1 and I had never considered getting a extended warranty for it. If I didn't trust the brand. I wouldn't buy it in the first place. If I had the slightest feeling this car is going to break, I'll sell it.

Quick Reply: After Market Warranties