Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PFC08 Rear Install Question ASAP?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Errsomeone
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default PFC08 Rear Install Question ASAP?

My car is 997.2 C2S that I am taking to the track in a week... Ordered PFC08 front and rear pads. Fronts slid right in but the rears seem to have two "ears" that look like the caliper has to come off to have the holes in the pad backing plate to slide over.

Do PFC08s require removal of the rear caliper for instal?

Thank you.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:16 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Can you compare them to the current rear pads - that is take out the current rear pads and place one on top of the other and also side by side; that should answer your question. The rear pads on 997-2 using OE calipers do have "ears" so the caliper spring clips can put some pressure on the pads and hold them in place. If you have replaced the OE calipers with an aftermarket, then all bets are off and you should consult the manufacture for proper fitment of pads.

Typically you should not have to remove calipers to install brake pads on 997-2 if you are using OE calipers.

Pic is Porsche OEM rear brake pad for reference.
Attached Images  
Old 10-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Errsomeone
Racer

Appreciate the thoughts and pics will help so I will post later. You will see what I mean from those as the backing plates are different than stock and look like they are intended to fit in differently, possibly to prevent jumping out(?). There are holes in the backing plate that look like match were there is a stud or pin in the calipers on the inner side. However, the stock pads do not use these.

Since I have a few days, I went ahead and completed the fronts, and put the stocks pads back in the rear.

Will post with pics later.

Last edited by Errsomeone; 10-05-2014 at 02:07 AM.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:43 PM
iii911ooo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The standard 997.2 Carrera has a different rear pad than the Carrera S. It sounds like you may have gotten the pads for the Carrera. I have a set of PFC 997.2 S pads and I will post the part number and pics this afternoon when I get home.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:03 AM
Errsomeone
Racer

Just to help if anyone ever searches later and finds this thread, the GT3/GT2 forum has been helpful with the same question. Pics of the differences and indications that I was sent the wrong part may be found in the related thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...-question.html

My apologies for cross posting but was in a hurry to determine what I had while things were apart earlier.

Thank you
Old 10-05-2014, 02:53 PM
iii911ooo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I see that you have figured it out. My advice for you when working with Clark at Apex is to tell him the part number that you need. I have friends that have been sent the wrong pads from Apex in the past.

Quick Reply: PFC08 Rear Install Question ASAP?