Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to look at a car, would like opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 06:27 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 271 Posts

I love the color combo, but I'm biased. This combination is very rare and you will get lots of compliments. My full red leather interior gets lots of compliments, even when I'm parked next to some bad *** GT3 or Turbo. Get a PPI and go for it. I love it!
Old 07-29-2014, 10:10 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Little Green
Cool color combination but not for everyone. Will be interesting to see how long it's been there. Price seems a tad high considering miles.
Looks like the AC control panel has been repainted. Take it somewhere for a PPI. You should get a DME report. Have them go through everything. Pull a carfax, you may see something you don't like but it may give you a bit of service history as the selling dealer may not have it. Don't necessarily trust it as they can be notoriously wrong.

If you are in chi-town then the 4 is probably the right car for you. Tires look like they need replacing. Factor that into the price. EOM tires are very expensive. There are options but you won't get a set of 4 of practically anything for less than a grand.
I was quoted $1290 for two rears (305's) which your car has. I am looking at Continental DWS tires (Dry, Wet, Snow). It won't go through 4 inches of snow (I have a C2) but it will get me home if there is snow on the ground.
Good luck
1290 is a massive outlier. 1200-1500 will get a set of 4 (305 rears) easily.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Thedips
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow what a crazy build. Just shows nothing is impossible. Only thing that looks outta place is the oem PCM ! Lol looks like a reason to upgrade to a modern touch screen navi . Very unique car. Miles are high but looks like was well enjoyed by the owner! Good luck with purchase
Old 08-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Ezkill
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
It looks to me to have the supple leather interior option. Some like that, some don't. I fall into the camp of not liking it. It tends to wrinkle and to me looks more like a Town Car than a 911.
Oh wow, I was wondering what was up with the leather looking stretched and wrinkled like that. Initially I assumed it was wear related but then noticed the back seats looked the same. That is not an option I had ever even heard of. I've looked at natural leather cars but never supple leather cars. Learn something new every day!

I'd have to agree that it's got that town car vibe with the interior. Not my cup of tea but to each their own.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:16 PM
cvtbenhogan
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

My main concern would be Lux Auto the dealer. Are they reputable, is there history on the car, and PPI? I tested a nice looking white S with sea blue full leather 997 at Luxury Motors a few years ago. Balky second gear and salesman very iffy on a PPI. I walked as much as I adored the combo.

The red and white is a nice combo. Wheels are over the top, IMHO.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 271 Posts

Yup, the white Exterior and blue interior is also a nice and rare combo.

Quick Reply: Going to look at a car, would like opinions