Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sharkwerks Exhaust 997.2 - anyone unhappy with it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 03:22 PM
MY997
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked up my 997.2 C4S Friday afternoon after a SW install and what they call a DJ Tune (local Porsche Motorsports shop worked with Porsche and designed this tune...badically wakes the car up a bit with 25hp & quicker throttle response). Definetly felt a diff in throttle response but have not been able to really open her up to see if I feel 25hp? SW turned out to be as I imagined. At idle (which I don't have a rough idle...maybe due to the tune) it is quite inside the cabin but has a bit more snarl on the outside...even at low RPM's as you pull away. Opens up at around 4000 rpm's but again not much diff inside cabin (no drone what-so-ever) but a much better tune outside...perfect for a DD. However, I could see myself eventually doing more (Fister or full exhaust). I would not mind installing a PSE but there is no performance gain from it correct? Just a sound difference? Do you get any gains for the Fister or Gundo Hack?
Old 11-01-2014, 05:04 PM
jmr334
4th Gear

Originally Posted by StormRune
Hey... that is pretty notable. Good job of doing a quick back to back comparison making it easier to hear the difference. If you get a chance sometime, I'd (and probably we'd) be interested in seeing what you think the performance change was across all of the different modes with both the tune and other changes... similar to what RobC4sX51 did in brief in an earlier post.

Sorry for taking a while to respond. my job keeps me from quality intenet connection. I ended up putting a LWFW, intermediate racing clutch, and short shifter after the video. The mapping made a noticable difference and I can feel the spike in HP when I keep it between 4300 RPMs - 6500 RPMs compared to stock. I could get the RPMs up rather quickly and feels like I can be in 4th gear faster than stock. Definitely feels improved. With the light weight flywheel the RPMs get up quick compared to the stock flywheel! at 70 MPH with stock it felt like I was chugging along, but with the LWFW the engine doesn't "feel" like it's taxed the same as stock. I can rev it up and still feel like I'm being sucked into my seat faster. outstanding response! with the mapping (prior to the LWFW) I had great response. With the LWFW added, my 4S feels like a rocket! can't wait to get it on the track a couple times this year, because it feels like it's ready to be there. I wondered about the X51 upgrade, but doing any further mods I might as well upgrade to the GT3. The cost of a supercharger or X51 might put me in the ballpark of a GT3, but I like my 4S far too much to give her away at this point.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:10 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by MY997
Picked up my 997.2 C4S Friday afternoon after a SW install and what they call a DJ Tune (local Porsche Motorsports shop worked with Porsche and designed this tune...badically wakes the car up a bit with 25hp & quicker throttle response). Definetly felt a diff in throttle response but have not been able to really open her up to see if I feel 25hp? SW turned out to be as I imagined. At idle (which I don't have a rough idle...maybe due to the tune) it is quite inside the cabin but has a bit more snarl on the outside...even at low RPM's as you pull away. Opens up at around 4000 rpm's but again not much diff inside cabin (no drone what-so-ever) but a much better tune outside...perfect for a DD. However, I could see myself eventually doing more (Fister or full exhaust). I would not mind installing a PSE but there is no performance gain from it correct? Just a sound difference? Do you get any gains for the Fister or Gundo Hack?
What shop in Tampa?
Old 11-03-2014, 08:55 AM
MY997
Racer

Originally Posted by mdrums
What shop in Tampa?
Reeves Motorsports...
Old 11-03-2014, 11:25 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by MY997
Reeves Motorsports...
Thanks...glad you had a good experience at Reeves Porsche. I've bought a few cars there....Colin in parts is great to work with too. I haven't dealt with there motorsports division.

I have never heard of this tune....Especially since they say Porsche helped develop it for them....when Porsche says outright that they will void warranty to any car that has the ECU modified/tuned.

Have you taken the car to the track yet and compared lap times of had it dyno'd before and after?
Old 11-03-2014, 11:49 AM
MY997
Racer

Thanks...glad you had a good experience at Reeves Porsche. I've bought a few cars there....Colin in parts is great to work with too. I haven't dealt with there motorsports division.
I have done a few things with Reeves Motorsports and their customer service has been excellent!
I have never heard of this tune....Especially since they say Porsche helped develop it for them....when Porsche says outright that they will void warranty to any car that has the ECU modified/tuned.
Oh on! I may not have explained the DJ Tune correctly...and still may not get it 100% correct but my understanding goes somehting like this. The Service Director (DJ) who is a brain and has many years of experience with Porsche, supposedly worked with Porsche (not that Porsche developed it exclusievely) and developed this conservative tune. I have not tracked the car yet and did not dyno before/after (not sure who has a AWD dyno around here) but along with the exhaust bypass I thought it would be a good thing to do as they say it wakes the 997.2 DFI up a bit more and I should get 20-30hp from it based on their testing along with better throttle response. It feels a bit more responsive but as you know 20-30 hp is not going to throw you back in the seat...I just wanted my C4S to be a bit different than a stock one.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:50 PM
Gasguzlr
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Not sure if you're still looking for feedback, but I've had my Sharkwerks crossover pipe for about three years now, and I love it. It sounds awesome, really adds just enough kick to my PSE to make it a little more agressive and deep. People in our club comment on how great it sounds when I'm howling around the track.

Highly recommend it! Great guys to deal with too. And no problems for me shipping to Canada

Cheers

Ross

Quick Reply: Sharkwerks Exhaust 997.2 - anyone unhappy with it?