Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 911 Cab (Rejected by Insurance Company)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 10:42 PM
porterror
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche 911 Cab (Rejected by Insurance Company)

Went to purchase the 2006 Cab today with 28k miles on her. Got amazing financing, signing all the paper work, call up Esurance...rejected. "High Priced Vehicle Rejected". Argued with multiple supervisors got no where...

Anyone heard of this? Shopping Geico/Liberty now..
Old 05-09-2014, 10:52 PM
Powerguy
Intermediate

Go with State Farm.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:54 PM
ATLDiver
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with State Farm, they had no issues. In fact, insurance on my Cab is less than my wife's Acura....go figure. Glad to hear you finally found your car.

ETA..no claims and no points for both (knock on wood.)
Old 05-09-2014, 10:59 PM
beden1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been with State Farm since I was 30 (31 years ago) and turned down by other insurance companies when I wanted to buy a Corvette. They have never given me a problem since no matter what car I wanted to add to the policy. I do have a clean record however, and like someone else said, the auto insurance on my Porsche is as reasonable as is my wife's '08 535xi.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:06 PM
porterror
Racer

Default Don't get it.

I don't get it. Wife and I are 32 and never been in an accident or made a claim. We just recently switched to esurance from geico about a year ago because of low rates. Just tried Allstate and got rejected as well....

Going to give State Farm a try. Got pissed at esurance because their website lets you get a quote and all for the car, but when you have to call and give VIN they reject. Makes no sense.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:17 PM
beden1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by porterror
I don't get it. Wife and I are 32 and never been in an accident or made a claim. We just recently switched to esurance from geico about a year ago because of low rates. Just tried Allstate and got rejected as well....

Going to give State Farm a try. Got pissed at esurance because their website lets you get a quote and all for the car, but when you have to call and give VIN they reject. Makes no sense.
It depends on where you live too. Insurance companies don't like high risk areas like Philly and NJ. Too many uninsured drivers and accidents. They don't want the Porsche repair bills.

If all else fails, Chubb is an excellent company. They cost a bit more but they are really excellent to work with and have no issues paying for OEM replacement parts, etc.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:38 PM
ATLDiver
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So PT, what was the verdict of the damaged leather? Assume everything checked out on the PPI?
Old 05-10-2014, 12:29 AM
porterror
Racer

PPI was solid. Only issues are tires, 30% brakes on front and possible water pump (if I wanted to be preventive)

Originally Posted by ATLDiver
So PT, what was the verdict of the damaged leather? Assume everything checked out on the PPI?
Old 05-10-2014, 01:20 AM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

I've heard that Allstate will not insure in certain states. I've had Allstate for 27 years now and they lowered my rate when we switched from my 10 yrs old M3 to the '08 C2S three years ago. So far so good in Austin, TX.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:27 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

No Allstate in MA but that's mainly due to MA laws. I've had them in CA, ME and KS and I'm happy with them.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:41 AM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

liberty mutual and geico - no problems and I'm the same age as you.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:16 AM
Comanche_699
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You're right to shop around. I had a 2.3 liter Z3 insured with Esurance for many years in Northern California. I sold it and bought an M Roadster (3.2 liter) while working a job in Los Angeles, and the rates jumped by more than $125 a month. I was really irritated by that.

I found that arguing with them about their rates was pointless, and they actually didn't seem to care one bit about my threatening to drop them after having been a loyal customer for nearly 10 years.

I shopped around and found a few places with rates just about the same as my old 2.3 liter, so I dropped esurance and took a policy with AAA.

When I sold the M Roadster and bought my 2006 C2S Cab, the insurance on the cab was actually a little cheaper than the M Roadster which really surprised me - (comprehensive with towing and all the bells and whistles).

My guess as to why the M Roadster was so much more expensive to insure in LA verses up here is that there were probably a bunch more of them around, and a bunch more of them getting wrecked or stolen.

Lots of factors that effect your rates. More than just your age, driving record, or what the car costs to repair. It's also got to do with the number of claims on a certain car, and also how many claims in a certain region or state, as well as the amount of damage the car can do to another car in an accident, for instance, we had a Range Rover SSE a few years back, and the insurance on that was more than on any other car I'd ever had. The agency said it was because typically when Range Rovers hit other cars, they don't "just chip the paint". The Range Rover generally turns out fine, but they really make a mess of whatever they hit, and that's expensive.

Another consideration is what other services you have with your insurance carrier. We have multiple policies (our house, and 1 other car) so there's a little break for the bundle, and we do have a $1,000 deductible on the cars (rule of thumb: $1,000 is the new $100).

I'm 44, and we pay about $165 a month for both cars and the house. I think our stupid iPhones cost more than that.

Maybe your finance company has a good insurance recommendation? Naturally it'd be in their best interest to help you make it work. Good luck. I hope you get your car!

Post some pix if you do.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:33 AM
josephmonaco924
Advanced

Esurence is Allstate. I live near Philly and got best rates from GEICO. Erie would not write the policy. I shop around every year for insurance to get better rates. Why should I remain loyal to a company and pay more. They will all drop you as fast as they can if you get a claim or two.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:49 AM
1analguy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just FYI...I read on another forum that Geico has established a fund to aid various police departments around the country in the purchase of radar guns.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:24 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

My high-priced vehicles have been previously insured with Farmers and Geico at reasonable prices, but I'm currently getting great rates from Hartford for the second year in a row. Each time a company jacks the rates on renewal (they often give much better prices in the first year as a hook, and the agents admit this) I shop around again. Hartford didn't play this game, at least not this year. I may have some advantage by being 56 though and no tickets that "driving school" didn't erase (which requires less than one ticket a year in Texas and a good radar detector).

There will be plenty of companies wanting your business. You said no claims or accidents. Is your driving record for speeding etc reasonably clean?

Quick Reply: Porsche 911 Cab (Rejected by Insurance Company)