Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowered with Eibach Springs (before & after)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 02:58 PM
gnp991.2
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Search function works decent....I did a Techart search and landed here as well, because this is the most recent activity mentioning the brand...or maybe I'm a bot and don't know it....

You're all good Eslingcm!!
Old 10-27-2022, 08:48 AM
ljpviper
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Eibachs

Did eibachs with DSC love it.

The following 2 users liked this post by ljpviper:
flapjacksteve (10-27-2022), kru911 (10-29-2022)
Old 10-27-2022, 12:56 PM
Fatsix
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by ljpviper
Did eibachs with DSC love it.
Looks great. How does it handle compared to stock? My DSC is coming and I am thinking about Techart Eibachs a little later. I need to research the difference between standard Eibachs vs Techarts.
Old 10-27-2022, 03:16 PM
Floyd540
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 277 Posts

I did not start any threads on this subject but I did reply many times a few years ago about Tech-Art /Eibach springs. You can try to find the info and pictures from my replies.
To quickly rehash the situation; I have a 2011 (late 997.2) C2 (- no PASM and no 4 wheel drive). that comes with the slightly higher ride height than the S model. I wanted a slightly lower height , more like the S but not silly and impractical or enough to screw up the geometry. I went with the Tech-Art springs made by Eibach based on many excellent reviews for handling etc. Sharkwerks is a dealer for them. I also replaced the stock OEM struts with Bilstein B-6 heavy duty ones. The Tech-art springs are more compliant than the stock ones even though both are progressive wound springs. The new struts are way stiffer than the OEM ones. The final result is a much better feeling than the stock setup. Ride height is perfect, and the compliant springs provide a cushy but not soft ride and the struts balance out the compliance. I did wind up also replacing the sway bars with the Eibach adjustable bars because I experienced a slight "push" with the new springs. All is perfect , the ride is what you want for street driving and the struts and bars make for flat cornering. An ideal setup in my opinion. The Tech-art springs are a couple hundred dollars more than the "Eibachs" but the spring rates are different and well worth the price difference. All this is DIY stuff. If you find my old posts you can see pics of the OEM and Tech-art springs- way different.
Old 10-28-2022, 06:01 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,920 Likes on 2,908 Posts

I've always liked/preferred H&R Springs. Great ride height 1" drop and allows use of the PASM functions.
Inexpensive at $300 for the set and just my go-to over the years.
Allows for better cornering and ride is not stiffer.

Quick Reply: Lowered with Eibach Springs (before & after)