Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Numeric Shifter Review and Installation - Part 1 of 5

Old 05-09-2019, 12:27 AM
pressure ratio
User

My shifter was the non-SSK and definitely a little sloppy from wear. The Numeric was a great upgrade for sure.

Originally Posted by Skwerl View Post
I installed my Numeric shifter and Raceseng weighted shift **** over the weekend.
What Raceseng shift **** did you go with? Do you have any pictures of it installed in the car?
Old 05-25-2019, 06:04 PM
Steve Theodore
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just want to thank those who have contributed to this thread. I recently purchased a 2008 GT2 that has a Numeric Racing shifter already installed and is on what I have to assume is the shortest setting. The shifting is TOO aggressive for me, meaning it works fine but I suspect the gearbox synchros are getting over-worked as this sucker changes gear faster than anything I've ever driven. I was looking for a thread like this to learn how to change the shifter settings and I am going to change mine to the middle setting. In reference to my own liking, I have a 2010 GT3 RS and like its OEM shifter just fine in terms of throws and feel, and this Numeric Racing unit is very aggressive in comparison. I will report back when I discover which setting mine was actually on too, so that the mystery can be revealed.

Happy Memorial Day weekend to my RL brothers and sisters!
Old 05-27-2019, 01:10 PM
Steve Theodore
Addict
Rennlist Member

Figured you guys would all get a kick out of the update.

I confirmed it really is the Numeric Racing shifter installed in my GT2 and it was actually on the middle setting, not the most aggressive one, which surprised me. I put it onto the least aggressive setting and am now much happier with the shifting, meaning this is the ideal length for me. How cool is it to have an adjustable shifter though? Knowing I can alter it to another setting in about 10 minutes is pretty amazing.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:42 AM
pressure ratio
User

It is great to be able to change the throw so easily.

I will say I had a similar experience as you. I went from a standard shifter (non-SSK) to the lowest setting on the Numeric shifter. The shifting effort was higher as expected. On other cars, I had used a weighted shift **** to smooth out shifting. I just added one to my 911 last week. It made the engagement effort easier and smoother. Something you can consider as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Numeric Shifter Review and Installation - Part 1 of 5

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: