Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do??

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 03:47 AM
Comanche_699
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd keep the C4s. If you love it more every day, then by this time next year you should be a very happy man.

If you're itching to raid the piggy bank, maybe purchase something as a small investment. Grab something air cooled, like a 964 while they're still relatively cheap.

Keep the C4s, and have a classic visceral plaything that you can enjoy and literally watch its value climb while you own it.

You'll have your finger squarely on the pulse of Porsche heritage every day, and every time you jump back into the C4s you'll feel that massive jump in horsepower & performance all over again. (Win/Win)

3 years from now, sell them both & upgrade without having to raid the piggy bank at all!

Personally, over the next three years, I don't see 964 prices going down, but it's reasonable to assume we will see the 997 Turbo prices coming down, and the 997 Turbo is still going to be a very cool car by anyone's standards, even in 2017.

And who knows?! By this time next year you may discover you're a NA Porsche Die Hard and a GT3 is what you really want.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:59 AM
thekubiaks
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche_699
I'd keep the C4s. If you love it more every day, then by this time next year you should be a very happy man.

If you're itching to raid the piggy bank, maybe purchase something as a small investment. Grab something air cooled, like a 964 while they're still relatively cheap.

Keep the C4s, and have a classic visceral plaything that you can enjoy and literally watch its value climb while you own it.

You'll have your finger squarely on the pulse of Porsche heritage every day, and every time you jump back into the C4s you'll feel that massive jump in horsepower & performance all over again. (Win/Win)

3 years from now, sell them both & upgrade without having to raid the piggy bank at all!

Personally, over the next three years, I don't see 964 prices going down, but it's reasonable to assume we will see the 997 Turbo prices coming down, and the 997 Turbo is still going to be a very cool car by anyone's standards, even in 2017.

And who knows?! By this time next year you may discover you're a NA Porsche Die Hard and a GT3 is what you really want.
Thanks for the replies, I have to agree about keeping the C4S. My son had good insight when he said "Dad you got a good one and it is mechanically perfect, if you get a different one there may be issues, enjoy this one" Smart kid....
Old 02-14-2014, 10:01 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 116 Posts

First rule. Don't ask a bunch of Poscheholics an open question like that.
While your first purchase may have been blessed, I wouldn't take the chance of doubling down.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:42 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,283 Likes on 594 Posts

OK. I'll chip in here. I 'upgraded' from an 06 C2S to and 08 TT Cab and my conclusion is that they are both excellent cars. The TT has had much less issues than the C2S. It has the 'bullet proof' Mezger engine, which if you keep in the 07 - 09 range you will get. It's a bit heavier and has more power than can generally be used and both cars have attracted their fair share of speeding tickets. I miss the wail for the 07 C2S M97 engine but love the sound and the feel of the TT, especially in sport mode. What do I most love about the TT? The look of the nice wide hips and the top that drops. But you can get that with a C4S cab as well.
So this comment has been of no use I am sure in solving the OP problem. To conclude, I would suggest that you keep your 07, open it, keep it for at least a year, and enjoy it!
Old 02-14-2014, 11:12 AM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome to the "club" Alan! You are now "hook, line & sinker" IN! Driving a 911 is a passion, or as my wife says, an "obsession"! I know exactly the thinking and feeling you are having right now. I have had several 911s in the past 5 years, and even the current car could be replaced w a 991s if $ was no hindrance! I had an '09 Turbo, and yes it has amazing HP/T but it isn't useable very often, like you can push that C4s now. Intoxicating power but not the drive I think you are enjoying now. Mx is a bit more but not sig (spark plugs more often and harder to get to)! I can't give you solid advice (can't even decide for myself but unless there is something you REALLY don't like about the C4s (color, manual, etc) I would enjoy it a year or two and then start test driving and searching your next 911. It is a pretty car, and I bet you look back at it every time you park it and walk away! Good luck buddy!

Quick Reply: What would you do??