Sponsored by:

SharkWerks Stage 2 tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 03:02 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts
Thumbs up SharkWerks Stage 2 tune

Last summer I traded my '07 C4s X51 manual in for a '10 C2s Pdk (plus a little $ mostly to make the wife happy when she "had" to drive my car. It was a good decision as I really like it too. I missed the sport exhaust so contacted Alex at SWs and decided to do the center bypass exhaust and the EVOMSit ECU tune. The cross pipes were installed last fall and I really liked the sound, especially with a big throttle input, but even in idle it sounds great. I finally did the ECU tune in conjunction with spark plug replacement a few weeks ago (4 year recommendation). WOW! The shift in normal is so much better/smoother! Before, as I slowed and then accelerated as in a Calif stop, it always "bogged down", but no more. And in Sport mode (Sport Chrono) it is absolutely amazing. It feels/drives like the 991s to give a comparison. I haven't tried Sport Plus yet and not a big fan of Launch Control (very hard on car), but this setup is awesome. Even my highway gas mileage went up about 1-1.5mpg! I highly recommend it, you won't be sorry. The guys at SWs are fantastic to talk to and work with
Old 02-07-2014, 04:36 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

I don't know how that frown got in on my post! Definitely should be a big smile!
Old 02-08-2014, 02:29 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,028 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by RobC4sX51
Last summer I traded my '07 C4s X51 manual in for a '10 C2s Pdk (plus a little $ mostly to make the wife happy when she "had" to drive my car. It was a good decision as I really like it too. I missed the sport exhaust so contacted Alex at SWs and decided to do the center bypass exhaust and the EVOMSit ECU tune. The cross pipes were installed last fall and I really liked the sound, especially with a big throttle input, but even in idle it sounds great. I finally did the ECU tune in conjunction with spark plug replacement a few weeks ago (4 year recommendation). WOW! The shift in normal is so much better/smoother! Before, as I slowed and then accelerated as in a Calif stop, it always "bogged down", but no more. And in Sport mode (Sport Chrono) it is absolutely amazing. It feels/drives like the 991s to give a comparison. I haven't tried Sport Plus yet and not a big fan of Launch Control (very hard on car), but this setup is awesome. Even my highway gas mileage went up about 1-1.5mpg! I highly recommend it, you won't be sorry. The guys at SWs are fantastic to talk to and work with
Don't know how you stand it in normal. I stopped using it the first time I tried auto almost 3 years ago. I agree with you that launch control is probably hard on the car but I can't imagine that staggering around at 30mph in 6th gear makes the car happy either. That's where mine goes in normal/auto. The manual shifts in normal suck too from where I sit. Sport in auto and sport plus in manual is the way to work the PDK imo.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:11 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

For some driving, the normal mode is fine -now that I have the EVOMSit ecu tune! That was my point. The sport mode is more fun and has a proper place (no wife/kid in car) when I want to drive it harder. Mpg definitely goes down so if I'm not in the mood to drive it harder I now enjoy normal. My car will shift to 6th gear at 35 mph on a level road and steady speed, but the slightest hill or acceleration and it downshifts to 5th immediately! Night and day "drive ability"! I do agree that sport plus in manual is awesome but is also the only sure way you can put over revs (ignition cycles) on the DME w the PDK! My car at 38k miles has none! I plan to keep it that way. The X51 997.1 I traded had level 3 from 1st owner!
Old 02-09-2014, 08:48 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by RobC4sX51
Is it considered gauche to ask how much these mods cost? I have debated whether to 'spice up' my 997.1 C2S which is bone stock or buy a new one. Everyone seems to like the sharkster.
Jim
Old 02-09-2014, 10:56 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Jim, the prices are on the website. I can't remember what Alex recommends for the 997.1 but whatever it is, they put a lot of thought into it. Best $/value I have ever spent on ANY aftermarket mod. Quality products, & service is unprecedented! Call them.

Quick Reply: SharkWerks Stage 2 tune